Chapter 54: Recalling Love

Emir playfully rubs his nose on her cheek, causing Reyhan's heartbeat to increase. Emir notices and teases her by asking, "Again... your heartbeat is increasing. May I ask why?" Reyhan nervously responded, "I don't know." Emir chuckled and continues in a more serious tone, "You should know. Because your heart is the place where I live. If anything happens to me, then this heart will get affected. And if I die one day, then..."

Reyhan turned towards him and said, " Sh... (breathing heavily) Emir, please. I have told you so many times, don't say such things. Your words suffocate me every time when you talk like this."
Emir softly asked, "You love this much?" Reyhan, blushing with her gaze down.

Here, Selim reaches Tarhun house to meet Zara. Zara, already looking upset, notices Selim and said, "Selim?" Selim smiled at her and said, "Zara, I came here to meet you." Zara, frustrated, replied, " Selim, I'm not in the condition to talk to anyone right now." Selim, acting innocently, asked, "What happened, Zara?" Zara responded, "Can wants a divorce from me." Selim faking to be surprised, said, "What? You both reconciled just a few days back. Then what happened to him?"

Zara answered, "That's the same thing I'm trying to find out. He said he wanted to take revenge on me or so many things, but I'm not convinced that he can ever have a thought of hurting me. There's something else behind all this."

Now, Emir continued, "Reyhan, you already know when I fell in love with you. But I want to know when you felt love for me for the first time. I should know when did you fall in love with me."

Reyhan, feeling the weight of the question, hesitates. Reyhan shyly replied, "Umm, can we talk about this later?"

Emir with a mischievous grin said, "No. I want to know now." Reyhan, feeling the weight of the question, hesitates before responding. She continued, "Emir, it's not easy for me to describe that one thing. I have a bundle of moments that touched me to the core. Like our wedding day when I was in the hospital, and you held my hair while I was sick. Then you touched my feet to remove my slippers without any ego. It was such a genuine gesture.. a different vibe that I ever got from a man."

Emir's eyes shine with interest and insisted, "Tell me more, please." Reyhan continues, expressing her vulnerability continued, "When I shared my childhood struggles and vulnerabilities with you without hesitation that was strange for me as well because I never shared such things with anyone in my life, but I did with you. I felt so comfortable with you at that moment. Those moments deeply touched my heart. But there was one special moment when I first time looked at you romantically.

Emir listens intently, eager to hear more about this special moment. Reyhan, with little tears in her eyes, opens up emotionally to Emir. Reyhan said, "When I was packing to leave your house, I intentionally put your shirt in my bag, and I really had no idea why I did that. After that, every day I spent feeling your warmth and fragrance in it. When I found you injured on the road, in that moment I actually felt my heart jumping out of my body. And while filling that consent form, the moment I wrote the word "Wife" in the relation column that was the first time I accepted and tilted myself as your wife."

Emir kept looking at her with emotional tears, listens intently as Reyhan continues, "Also, When I landed in London, and you followed me to the park, taking me back to your apartment. That moment when you picked up my bags, and as we walked, I was walking behind you. It felt like I always wanted to follow you for the rest of my life. Walking behind you or beside you is my only happiness that I ever wanted to feel in my life. In that moment, I first time looked at you as my husband... as a lover."

Emir, emotionally overwhelmed, tears in his eyes, quickly hugs Reyhan, and they both start crying, expressing their emotions through tears. Reyhan hugs him back more tightly, offering comfort.
As they move away, both wiping each other's tears at the same time, they share a chuckle at each other's gestures. Emir, holding Reyhan's hand, moves his fingers, playing with the ring on her finger. Emir asked with a smile, "Reyhan, do you know where this diamond comes from?"
Reyhan replied, "No..." Emir said, "Do you remember when I came to your antique shop and saw that couple statue dancing in the snow? That statue is actually dedicated to a prince and his lover in Europe, Prague. This is the same diamond he gifted to his lover." Reyhan, astonished, asked, "What?" Emir responded with a smile and said, "Yes. It took me so much time to find that, but I got it for you." Reyhan still in surprise said, "Emir, but why? I mean..."

Emir said, "You remember you got a cut from that statue, and your blood stuck to it. That was the moment when that prince manifested our love story into his." Reyhan, touched by his gesture said, "Emir, I never thought that you would love me with this much purity and passion." Emir determinedly said, "I will do anything for you. Anything means anything, just to bring a small smile to your face... just like this."

Here, Selim, faking tears, said, "Zara... Where's Esra?" Zara, looking concerned, responded, "She is sleeping in my room." Selim, still pretending to be emotional, said, "Zara, I'm worried about Esra so much. She's so small. But I can't pressure you even because you're in your own life problems." Zara, trying to reassure him, replied, "Selim, for the time being, you should have some patience."

Selim got frustrated with her response and said, "Zara, you need to believe that whatever Can is saying or doing could be true. Maybe your actions have hurt his ego, and he did all this. Because he's my employee, and I know what kind of man he is. Even at the launch event, he was dancing with a model." Zara contemplates for some time and then unexpectedly said, " Selim, marry me."
Selim was surprised and said, "What? You want to marry me?" Zara, with a calculated smile, responded, "Yes, but not really."

Selim, confused, waits for an explanation and Zara continued, "Look, we are searching for a girl to marry you and then divorce you after Esra's custody case. I'm the one. I will do that. And on the other hand, if the decision of me and you getting married affects Can... Actually, Selim, I want to make him feel jealous. To find out what's actually in his heart." Selim devilishly smiles at her words and thinks, "Wow, this fish is already ready to jump into my pond... great! I didn't have to do much and she's ready to trap herself with her own hands."

And Then, Reyhan finishes her painting, and with a huge smile, she excitedly calls Emir, "Emir, look!" Emir looks at the painting and sees a couple holding hands, walking through a path filled with blossoming flowers and trees under a pleasant looking sky. A smile spreads across his face as he remembered...