Chapter 57: The argument

Lisa commented with a smile, "Mr. Emir, your wife is so pretty, no doubt about that." A young girl from Lisa's team compliments Emir as well by saying, "Mr. Emir is so handsome too. He has a huge fanbase, he's so popular among girls especially after that magazine photoshoot. When I informed them about today's dinner, most of the girls felt jealous about this meeting."
Emir smiles shyly at her words, but Reyhan, noticing his reaction, feels a pang of jealousy as she thinks, "Look at him how he is enjoying female attention.. here I'm trying my best to apologise to him and can't even see that." Lisa continues the conversation, "Mr. Emir, I must say your family is so warm and friendly to us." Emir acknowledges with a smile. That Young Girl chimes in, "Mr. Emir, what are your thoughts about love? Emir's expressions fade away, and he glances at Reyhan with anger as he answered, "Love... is the most beautiful feeling but also love hurts the most, especially when you love someone wholeheartedly, and they prioritize others over you. Instead of understanding your feelings, they keep on normalizing their behavior."

Reyhan kept looking at Emir, feeling the sting of his words. Looking hurt by his words. Young Girl responded, "Well, that was so deep, I think. But I have a request for you, Mr. Emir." Emir looked at her, and she continues with enthusiasm. The Young Girl requested, "Mr. Emir, Can I dance with you, so I can show that to others.. I hope you don't mind." The smile on her face is mirrored by others in the room, but Reyhan's expression revealed her jealousy. Emir, maintaining a pleasant smile, agreed to the request and said, "Yes sure".

Emir stands up, and they walked close for dancing, Lisa was ready to capture the moment on camera. Reyhan can't help but watch, her jealousy was evident. As Emir begins to dance with her, Reyhan was visibly jealous, moved her hand through her neck and ears as she continued to watch Emir dancing with that girl.

As Emir was dancing with the young girl, the atmosphere becomes increasingly uncomfortable for Reyhan. Unable to contain her feelings, she said while forcing a smile, "Excuse me, please. I need some fresh air." Reyhan exited the dining room, and Emir noticed her departure. The young girl, still dancing with Emir, becomes aware of the tension in the room. She whispered to Emir, "Is everything okay?" Emir, realizing the impact of his actions, ends the dance and politely excuses himself to check on Reyhan. He finds Reyhan standing alone in the kitchen, looking upset.

Emir said, "Reyhan, is everything alright? Why did you leave?" Reyhan trying to hide her emotions replied, "I just needed a moment alone. You enjoy the rest of the evening." Emir, concerned, watches Reyhan as she walks away, contemplating the unintended consequences of his actions.

Now, Reyhan, sitting by the window in her room, lost in her thoughts. Emir gently knocks on the door and enters, sensing the tension in the air. Emir said, "Reyhan.. Reyhan said while looking away, "There's nothing left to say, Emir. You were enjoying the dance, weren't you?" Emir sincerely replied, "Reyhan, it was just a dance. I didn't mean to upset you." Reyhan while being frustrated said, "Do you even realize how it feels, Emir? I'm trying so hard to make things right between us, and then you dance with someone else right in front of me." Emir approached Reyhan, trying to explain himself, "Reyhan, I danced with her just to be polite nothing else. I didn't think it would bother you this much. Reyhan teary-eyed replied, "Sometimes, Emir, it's not about the action itself. It's about understanding how it makes the other person feel." Emir, realizing the depth of Reyhan's emotions, sits beside her and said, " Same I felt when I heard those words from you.. all I wanted to protect you. Reyhan, I can't stand and see other person insulting you.. I didn't even let my mother do that then how can I allow Can. I know he's your brother but you should have understood my side too."

Reyhan softly said, "Emir you're again misunderstanding about Can.. Can is.." Emir got frustrated on hearing Can's name and said, "Enough Reyhan.. here I'm talking about us and you're still.. you know what I don't want to talk to you. I'm done." Then Emir stormed out of the room in anger."

The day of Zara and Can's divorce came. Tension filled the court room as Can, Reyhan, and Emir anxiously awaited Zara's arrival. The lawyer, growing impatient, turned to Emir, asking, "Where's Miss Zara?" Emir replied, "She must be on her way. Her number is not reachable now." The lawyer urged, "Please do something. We can't keep the court waiting any longer."

Reyhan, sitting beside Emir, sensed his stress and comfortingly held his hand, saying, "Emir, don't stress." Emir remained silent, the weight of the situation evident in his expression. Can, seated with an upset and faded expressions.