Chapter 59: The Trap

Reyhan said, "Please, Emir, don't ever get upset with me like this. I can't handle your distant behavior." Emir admitted, "It was difficult for me as well."

As the winds started blowing, Emir moved away, looking at Reyhan. His thumb gently traced her chin and cheeks while cupping her face. Leaning in, Emir pressed a tender kiss on her forehead. In a whisper, he said, "I'm yours and yours forever. Even if millions of girls cross my way, I will always choose the path where, at the end, you're waiting for me. You're my aim; my life's journey is filled with your thoughts. I always want to walk on the path filled with your light which keeps on guiding me towards happiness and my happiness is you only."

Reyhan blushed with her gaze down, Emir smiled and said, "At least say something, Reyhan. Every time I say something, you start blushing." Reyhan looked at him and retorted, "I'm not blushing." Emir raised his eyebrows and said, "Really? I don't think so," pointing at her cheek. He teased, "Look, your cheeks turned pink."

Reyhan denied, saying, "No, it's not," while touching her cheek. Suddenly, Emir kissed her cheek and said, "Now check." Reyhan was stunned by the unexpected gesture. Emir confidently declared, "You can't win when it's about love." Reyhan chuckled and replied, " You're already a winner because you won my heart." Emir replied with a smile, "And I'm proud of it."

Can was walking when Zara blocked his way. Their eyes met, and Can said, "Zara." Ignoring him, Zara continued walking. Can, not willing to let her go, gently held her arm and pulled her closer. Both were close, and Can spoke, "Zara, I won't say sorry. I just want to tell you that I love you, and I will keep loving you till my last breath."

Zara, still upset, questioned, "How did you say those words so easily?" She repeated those words "Zara, leave me." And she continued, "Shut up. If you ever say that again." Can smiled and said, "I promise. I will never dare to say that again." Then Zara said, "I'm proud of the man you have become. I married a boy who loved me so much but now I'm seeing a mature man in you." Then she teasingly said, "And, I love this man even more." Then Can smiled and both leaned in for a forehead touch.

In the morning, Reyhan saw Emir still sleeping, and a smile crossed her face. She sat beside him on the bed, gently running her fingers through his hair. Emir stirred slightly in his sleep. Leaning in, Reyhan whispered, "Good morning, husband." Emir, waking up, saw Reyhan with a smile and responded, "Good morning, my sunshine."

Just as the morning tranquility settled, Emir's phone rang. After picking up, he said, "What? How? Okay, I'm coming right away." As the call ended, Reyhan asked, "What happened? Is everything alright?" Emir explained, "The officer said they have found the culprit's face who was involved in your Baba's accident."

Worried, Reyhan said, "But Emir, Baba already told you to shut this case." Emir, surprised, asked, "How did you know about that?" Reyhan, getting nervous, covered the situation, "He talked to me about it earlier." Emir responded, "I need to leave right away, okay?" Then he walked away, leaving Reyhan still worried about the unfolding situation.

Selim called Zara, and she picked up. Selim urgently said, "Zara, I want to meet you urgently." Zara, concerned, asked, "What happened, Selim? Is everything alright?" Selim replied, "Just come to meet me, then I will explain everything. Also, please bring Esra with you. Don't tell anyone about this." As the call ended, Zara was visibly worried, wondering about the situation.

Emir reached the police station, and the officer showed him the CCTV footage from the accident site. The officer explained, "This car was spotted on the next signal just after the accident happened. And here, his face is clearly shown. Look." As Emir looked, he was shocked, his eyes widening. He could only say, "Selim..."

The officer asked, "Do you know him?" Emir replied, "Yes, he's our family friend and my business partner." Just then, Emir's phone rang, and he picked up. Can from the other side urgently said, "Emir... Emir..." Emir asked, "What happened, Can?" Can explained, "Zara is missing. In the morning, she said she's going out with Esra for a walk, but she didn't come back till now. I'm so worried." Emir reassured, "Can, calm down. Have you tried to contact her?" Can replied, "She left her phone at home; I don't know where she is now."

Emir reached Polat House and inquired about any information on Zara. Reyhan replied, "No, Emir." Emir then asked, "Where's Zara's phone?" Ayla handed Zara's phone to Emir, who looked into it and saw the last call was from Selim. Emir repeated, "Selim."

Can asked, "What? Selim?" Emir said, "She talked to Selim before leaving."

Reyhan suggested optimistically, "She must have taken Esra to meet with Selim." Emir, still tense, remarked, "Something is not right. All the dots are connected." Reyhan, concerned, said, "Emir, what are you talking about?"

Emir disclosed to Reyhan, "Reyhan, it was Selim who was behind Ahmet Baba's accident." Reyhan, shocked, exclaimed, "What? Selim?" Emir explained, "That was shocking for me as well, but I just saw that footage. I wasn't believing my eyes in that moment."

Can, furious, stood up and declared, "I won't leave that bastard!" Emir, holding Can back, said, "Can, calm down. First, we need to find out about Zara's whereabouts. I'm sure there's some connection to Selim in Zara's disappearance."

Now, Emir stood outside the Polat House, talking on his phone, visibly stressed. Reyhan, noticing him, approached with the intention to ease his stress. She wrapped her arms around Emir, and he, looking at her, said, "Reyhan, I don't know where Zara is. I'm trying... we all are trying."

Reyhan reassured him, saying, "Emir, I'm sure she must be safe. Please don't lose hope." Just then, Ayla came running, holding her breath. She said, "Reyhan abla, Emir bey... there's a call... inside, come." Reyhan and Emir both ran inside the house.

Just as Emir and Reyhan reached inside, Emir spoke on the call, demanding, "Where is Zara?" Selim's voice on the other side said, "Zara is with me, safe and sound. But she won't be..." Emir quickly intervened, "Hey, hey, don't cut the call. Tell me, what do you want?" The voice replied, "The fear in Emir Tarhun's voice... I'm enjoying it."

Emir, focused, urged, "Come straight to the point." The voice continued, "Send your wife Reyhan to the location I have emailed to you." Emir looked at Reyhan nervously and said on the call, "Why Reyhan? I will come, tell me where I have to come." The voice insisted, "No, Emir Tarhun, I want your weakness. Send her, then I will free Zara and Reyhan both." Emir questioned, "What about Esra?" Selim, laughing, said, "Esra is my daughter, my ticket to reach Zara. I can't take her guarantee. It depends on how Zara reacts to my proposal." Just then, the call ended, leaving Emir looking tense and shocked in this tough situation.

In an unknown, dark location, Selim turned after cutting the call towards Zara. She was tied to a chair, her mouth sealed with tape. Zara, looking sweaty and angry, stared at Selim. Selim coldly said, "Oh, my dear love. Finally, you are here. What did you say? You want to marry me." He then pointed a gun at Zara and continued, "Then why didn't you divorce that Can? I loved you, and you... you always ran after that poor employee."

Selim asserted, "Zara, I can give you all the happiness, money, and a better lifestyle. What that Can have given you? A small wooden house filled with his family members. Today, you will marry me. I have taken Can's signature on these papers without letting him know. Now, you will sign them, and today, you will be mine forever, Zara."

Just then, baby Esra started crying loudly, and in the dimly lit room, another man who was sitting in the dark rubbed the gun on his head in frustration. Angrily, he said, "Hey, just stop this baby crying. Her voice is causing a headache." As he spoke, his face was revealed, and it was Yiğit, Emir's step-brother. Yiğit was smiling sinisterly.

Then, Selim removed the tape from Zara's mouth, and she immediately said, "Selim, you're insane. I never loved you. The type of man you are, nobody will ever love you." Selim, unfazed, placed his leg on the chair's arm where Zara was sitting and remarked, "Offf, my to-be-soon wife. This attitude and firmness took my heart."

Zara, defiant, stated, "You're so shameful that you used your daughter. You played with my emotions. You already knew that I lost my baby, that's why you used that emotional baggage against me." Selim, coldly smiling, replied, "You're so smart, more than I thought. But you forgot one thing-the custody case story was also fake." Zara, looking at him in disbelief, said, "How ridiculous you are."

Selim smiled evilly and said, "Sorry, my love. I had to do all this. To get you here, I will do anything." He then moved to Yiğit's side and added, "Here, meet my friend, Yiğit. Oh, you already know him. He's your step-brother... Doesn't he?"