Chapter 51: "I missed you"

Days passed like this. Reyhan sits by her father's bedside, the room filled with a sense of relief as her baba shows signs of improvement. Cansu joins Reyhan, expressing concern said, "Reyhan, I think you must go home now. You've been here for the last 4-5 days. Can and I will stay with your baba." Reyhan, reluctant to leave, insists, "No, Mom, I'm okay. I want to be here." Cansu smiles, understanding Reyhan's dedication said, "Reyhan, it's about Emir. He must be feeling alone. You've been here for days." Reyhan said, "No, Mom, he comes here daily to meet... I don't think so he must be feeling like that."

Cansu, with a gentle smile said, "Reyhan, I know after so many challenges, you both are finally together. The happiness in your life has just started. Be with him. He has done so much for us. I don't want him to feel lonely because of us.
Reyhan, contemplating her mother's words, realizes the importance of being there for Emir.

In the room, Emir walks out of the bathroom, standing in front of the wardrobe without shirt dressed in a towel, is getting ready to leave for the office.

Emir, frustration evident on his face as he searches for a shirt in the messed-up wardrobe. Reyhan quietly enters the room and wraps her arms around him from behind. Emir smiled and said, "You're back."

Reyhan closes her eyes, savoring the moment as she hugs him from behind. Emir, feeling her touch, smiles and holds her hands. Then he slowly tilts his head back towards her.

In the intensity of the moment, Reyhan, moved by emotions, gently kisses his back. Emir, touched by her gesture, turns towards her now, facing her asked, "Reyhan... Is Uncle alright?

Reyhan, without a word, simply hugs him tightly, expressing comfort in the warmth of their embrace.

Emir and Reyhan share a tender moment then Emir said, "Reyhan..." Reyhan softly replied, "I missed you." Emir smiled and while hugged her back said, "I missed you too."

As Emir stands, Reyhan continues hugging him. He playfully remarked, "I can stand like this for the rest of my life, but I'm getting late for the office." Reyhan, slightly embarrassed, moves away. Emir, realizing he needs a shirt said, "Now if you're here, then please help me find a shirt." Reyhan smiles and goes to the wardrobe. Reyhan replied, "Emir, your shirts didn't return from the laundry, I think..."

Emir sighs in mild frustration said, "Now what?
Reyhan said, "Wait... " Then with a mischievous grin, pull out another shirt from a bag. Reyhan with a glimmering smile said, "I got this for you but didn't get a chance to give it to you."

Emir, curiously asked, "Where did this shirt come from?" Reyhan replied, "I got it for you." Emir, genuinely touched by her gesture smiled and said, "This is perfect, just like you."

Reyhan blushes and smiles. Emir, with a playful tone, adds, "If you got this for me, then please make me wear it too.. Reyhan chuckled at Emir's playful remark and steps closer, holding the shirt. Emir raises an eyebrow, teasingly questioned, "Reyhan I don't know what I will be without you! "
Reyhan laughs and said, "Only a wife knows what her husband needs." Then Reyhan stands on her tiptoes, reaching to put the shirt over his shoulders. As she finishes buttoning the shirt. She then steps back to admire her handiwork and said, "There you go, handsome".

Emir, now wearing the new shirt, pulls Reyhan close and said, "Thank you for this. You made this morning more beautiful just by your presence." Reyhan said, "I'm glad you like it."

Selim, in his house, dials Zara's number. Zara picks up the call. Zara said, "Hello, Selim." Selim replied, "Hello, Zara. Where have you been? I haven't seen you these days." Zara said, "I was busy, actually. Can's father met with a road accident. We all don't know who that man was; he was a coward who ran from there."

Selim's voice trembles as he asks a crucial question, being terrified he asked, "Where did that accident take place?" Zara replied, "Near City Road bus stop."Selim is shocked and replies hesitantly, "I will talk to you later, Zara."

After ending the call, Selim is left contemplating the revelation. Selim talking to himself said, "What? It means that day he was none other than Can's father. I hit Can's father that day? Wow! That could be my Trump Card." He smiled in a cunning way.

Now, Ahmet Baba has returned home from the hospital, and the family gathers in the living room. Cansu, Ayla, Can, Reyhan, and Zara sit together. Can appears tense, and suddenly, he stands up, looking serious. Can suddenly stood up and said, "Zara, I need to talk to you about something important." Zara, engaged in a conversation, replies casually, "Can, we can talk later." Can said, "It's important, Zara." Zara stands up, sensing the urgency in Can's voice said, "Yes?"

Can hesitate and then respond, 'Not here, but in a quiet place." Ayla, giggled and said, "What happened, abi? What's the matter that you can't talk about here?" Can, frustrated and on edge, can't hold it any longer respond while shouting, "Zara, I want divorce from you." Shock and tension fill the room after Can's unexpected revelation. Zara was in tears and was visibly shaken. Can repeated his words with a trembling voice, "Zara, leave me." Reyhan rushes towards Can, concern etched on her face said, "Can, are you in your senses? What are you saying?"

Zara's voice trembles as she confronts Can while saying, "Can, did you just say... divorce?

Can, maintaining his stance, affirms his words, "Yes, you heard that right." Reyhan, trying to mediate, steps towards Zara and said, "Zara, there must be some misunderstanding. Can can't say such a thing to you. You know how much he loves you." Zara, still in tears, responds with a mix of sadness and anger, "Reyhan, first ask him how dare he say that word without any hesitation."