Chapter 26: What happened to Zara?

Swiftly, she woke him up, saying, "Emir, wake up." Emir stirred, looking at her with a smile and saying, "Good morning, Reyhan."

However, Reyhan, mindful of the time and potential visitors, urged him, "There's no time for a good morning. Mom could be here anytime. Please, Emir, go now." Emir, understanding the urgency, agreed, "Okay, I'm going now, but we will meet in the antique shop. Just wait for me there." He then made his exit through the window and down the pipe.

Reyhan, left alone, smiled and blushed, cherishing the morning pleasant happiness with Emir.

In the office, as Emir sat in his cabin, Zara entered, and Emir greeted her with a smile saying, "Wow, look who has come." However, Zara, looking upset, responded, "Abi..." Concerned, Emir asked, "What happened, Zara?" Zara shared her worries, "Abi, Can has booked his tickets. I don't want him to go. I want him to be here. This happiness is for both of us. Without him, nothing matters to me. I don't know, I'm having a feeling that something wrong is going to happen."

Emir, trying to reassure Zara, said, "No, Zara, don't say such things. Think positively. I will talk to Can, okay? Don't take stress. Stress isn't good for you in this condition." Zara nodded, finding some comfort in Emir's words.

Emir entered Reyhan's antique shop, and Reyhan greeted him with a warm smile, saying, "Welcome." Emir, noticing her blush, remarked, "Looks like someone was waiting for me." Reyhan, blushing even more, responded with a playful smile.

However, Emir's expressions soon turned tense. Sensing his worry, Reyhan moved to his side and asked, "Emir? What happened?" Emir, hesitant, replied, "No, nothing." Reyhan, perceptive, questioned, "You're thinking about Can and Zara, right?" Emir nodded.

Reyhan, offering reassurance, said, "Emir, Can and Zara are a couple. They love each other a lot. I'm sure they will definitely find some solution to this." Emir, expressing his concerns, replied, "No, Reyhan. Only love isn't enough to fix things. Emotions and understanding also matter a lot. This time, Can is giving more importance to money instead of spending time with Zara, being around her, and taking care of her."

Reyhan looked at Emir and said, "Emir, nobody can say that Emir Tarhun isn't that pure and sensitive from the inside. And I feel lucky to be able to see that side of yours."

In a moment of sincerity, Emir held Reyhan's hand tightly and locked it into his then said, "Reyhan, promise me. If any challenges or misunderstandings come between us, we will sort them by understanding each other's emotions and feelings. I want to hold your hand like this forever." Reyhan, with a warm smile, nodded and replied, "We will be together forever, Emir.. I promise."

In between their conversation, Emir and Reyhan's phones rang simultaneously. Both picked up their phones and were shocked by the news they received. As they rushed to the hospital, anxiety clouded their expressions. Upon reaching, the doctor delivered the distressing information - Zara had met with an accident while her way back home she got unconscious.

Zehra, approaching Emir, shared her concerns, saying, "She was already stressed because of Can. I hope the baby is well." Emir, overwhelmed, began crying over his sister's condition. Reyhan, noticing his distress, offered reassurance, placing an assuring hand on his shoulder. Zehra observed the increasing closeness and understanding between Emir and Reyhan, and her expression shifted.

The doctor emerged from Zara's room, saying, "Zara is fine but... ". Zehra anxiously inquired, " What? Doctor, Is the baby alright?" The doctor, with regret, conveyed, "I'm sorry; we couldn't save the baby." The room fell into shock. Emir, frozen with disbelief, found support in Reyhan, who held him as he processed the heartbreaking news. Sitting on a nearby bench, Emir whispered, "Reyhan... Zara... how will she..." Reyhan, while consoling him, embraced him in her arms and said, "Shh, Emir, please calm down. In this situation, she needs you to be there. Be strong for her."

In a moment of intense emotions, Emir angrily looked up and demanded, "Where's Can?" Reyhan, shocked by his sudden outburst, tried to calm him down. Emir, fueled by anger, insisted, "Where's Can? I will find him. He's responsible for all this. He has to answer why he did this to my sister." Reyhan, concerned, pleaded, "Emir, please calm down."

However, Emir was resolute. He stood up, removing Reyhan's hand from his shoulder, and walked out angrily. Reyhan, feeling the weight of the situation, was stressed, hoping that Emir wouldn't act impulsively in his anger towards Can.

Emir angrily walked outside the hospital, Can coincidentally entered. Emir, consumed by anger, grabbed Can's collar and accused, "Can, what did you do to my sister? You are the reason she's facing this grief of losing her baby." Can, shocked and teary-eyed, responded, "What? Our baby..."

Emir, not relenting, blamed him, saying, "Can, you give her so much stress and due to your stubbornness she lost her baby."Just then, Reyhan arrived from behind Can, overwhelmed and frozen, saying, "I'm going to meet Zara," and hurried inside.

Emir, who was visibly upset, felt Reyhan's comforting hug from behind. Closing his eyes, he allowed her warmth to console him. They gently pulled away from the hug, facing each other. Reyhan tenderly wiped Emir's tears and suggested, "Let's come inside and meet Zara." However, Emir, overwhelmed with emotions, expressed, "I can't look at her in this condition... can't see her crying."