Chapter 12: Reyhan faced the Truth

In a heartfelt moment, Zara said, "Reyhan, you never valued his love. Destiny brought you two together. He loved you so unconditionally. He never demanded anything; he cared for you more than himself. But when a rough patch came, you gave up on him.

Reyhan, love tests us at different stages of life. When you were facing your rough patch with Zaroon, Emir abi made a way out for you.. when everyone was blaming you, it was him who saved your honour by marrying you. You lost a beautiful chance of embracing your life with him."

Reyhan said, "I did everything to find out the truth. Now, it is clear what were his true intentions behind this marriage. And you will definitely say this because he's your brother and you will definitely defend him. It was me whose pictures got published on the internet. It was my honour getting covered with filth. And, both Emir and Zaroon created this living hell for me."

Zara said, "Reyhan you're living in illusion. Soon this bubble of dilutions will burst and you won't be able to handle the reality. Now, you only think that you're the only one who got hurt, you're the only victim but soon you'll see who was the real victim."

In the night, Emir was jogging, running outside Polat House. He stopped and removed his hood, looking at Reyhan's room window. Coincidentally, Reyhan appeared at the window. Startled by her presence, Emir quickly put his hood back on and started running away. Reyhan noticed him but didn't recognize who he was. Pondering, she wondered, "Who could that man be? I've been noticing him around for many weeks." Emir continued to run, sweat forming on his face as he disappeared into the night.

Emir reached his apartment, and Esra expressed concern, "Emir, again you went there." Emir sighed and went inside. Esra continued, "Emir, why do you hurt yourself so much for her? She didn't even realise your love." Emir, firm in his feelings, replied, "Don't say anything about her." Esra pressed, "Or what, Emir? You're holding onto something that has nothing for you." Emir, with conviction, stated, "I love her to the extent where I don't even want her to be near to love her. She's here," he pointed towards his heart. "The day we got separated, I started falling in love with her absence. I never missed her in those four months because she was always there, in my heart."

Esra, trying to understand his perspective, asked, "If she ever comes back to you, will you accept her?" Emir, with a mixture of pain and determination, said, "No, I won't. The marriage was forceful to her. I don't want to cage her into this relation. If she ever comes back, I will set her free."

The next morning, Emir was sitting in his car. Suddenly, he spotted Reyhan at the bus stop, and a big smile flushed across his face. He swiftly came out of his car, running behind her as she boarded the bus. Emir followed her and also entered the bus, smiling while gazing at Reyhan. Unaware of his presence, Reyhan was lost in her thoughts, thinking, " I don't know where my life is guiding me. God, please, if I'm in any illusion, take me out of that and give me the strength to face reality."

Emir continued to smile, observing Reyhan. However, his smile turned into a scowl as he noticed a man staring at her. He felt his anger rise and clenched his fists.

As Reyhan got off the bus, Emir confronted the man, saying, "What were you looking at?" The man, intimidated, stammered. Emir warned him by saying, "Keep your eyes in the right direction. Otherwise, you won't be able to see anything if I tell everyone what you were doing."

After some time Reyhan was working at the shop when she suddenly noticed Emir standing outside on the other side of the road, their eyes meeting, exchanging unspoken longing and sadness. Reyhan couldn't carry the emotions turned away and started crying. Emir, still looking at her. With a sad expression, he turned and walked away. Reyhan remained overwhelmed by the encounter, the emotions lingering after seeing him for a long time.

In a moment of emotional turmoil, as Reyhan was sobbing, a lady customer arrived and said, "Excuse me, can you help me find a gift for my father?" Reyhan, trying to regain her composure, turned towards the customer. As she saw her, she was stunned. The customer was also shocked. Reyhan, recognizing her, said, "Hayat..."

The customer, revealed to be Hayat, said, "Reyhan??" After that, Hayat apologized, saying, "I'm sorry; I will get it from somewhere else." Reyhan stopped her, saying, "Stop." Hayat hesitated but turned back, unable to look at Reyhan.

Reyhan, trying to console her, said, "Hayat..." Hayat expressed her guilt and said, "Reyhan, I'm so guilty for Zaroon's behaviour.. he brought dishonour to our family by treating you like that. I'm unable to face you because of this." Reyhan reassured her, saying, "No, Hayat, whatever happened, you have nothing to do with that. Hayat said, "I'm his cousin, and I'm so ashamed... that day even that guy tried to save you from Zaroon..."

Reyhan, puzzled, asked, "What day? Who?" Hayat continued, "On the wedding day of your brother... there was a man who stopped Zaroon from announcing something shameful about you." Reyhan, still confused, asked, "What? Who was that guy?"

Hayat said, "I don't remember his name, but he was a fair-bearded guy." Reyhan repeated, "Fair-bearded man... Emir?" Then, she loudly exclaimed, "Was his name Emir?" Hayat confirmed, "Yes, Emir... Zaroon told me that it was Emir who failed his plan."

Reyhan contemplated, thinking, "That day, whatever Emir said was just to save me?..That proposal was to save me.." Hayat continued, "One more thing, after that day, Zaroon demanded money from him. That guy paid Zaroon to shut him."