Chapter 35: Chances to mend

Emir said, "First, when I saw you with Selim in my cabin, I thought I behaved so immaturely. That I let my past clouds rain on my present. I was feeling guilty for behaving like that with you. I was searching for the right time to say sorry. I was about to promise, Reyhan, I promise I will keep my past and present separate. I want to spend my whole life holding your hand under the beautiful sky of our love. Because I believed that what my father did, you could never do that even in dreams. But you ruined everything, Reyhan."

Reyhan, overwhelmed with tears, pleaded, "Emir, I don't know how to make you believe that I have done nothing wrong. All that was fabricated. I went there because Zehra aunty sent me to meet your father." Emir, confused, asked, "My father? Why did you want to meet him?"

Reyhan, her voice shaking, replied, "Because I can't see you in pain. I wanted you to move on in life, to move on from the fear of losing your special ones." Emir's expression softened as he processed her words. Reyhan continued, "Emir, I know, I understand what you're going through. That's why, whatever hurtful or dirty things you have to say, you can say it but I won't leave your side no matter what."

Emir, his emotions stirred, said, "Don't... don't say those things to me. You very well know how to attack my weakness." Reyhan, with determination in her eyes, responded, "If I'm your weakness, then I am your biggest strength too. I will prove that I'm innocent."

She continued, "That day in the hospital, I brought you there. I was there when your operation was going on. If you don't believe me, you can check the records. I filled the consent form with my own hands. Do you need more proof to believe?

I will bring everything to you."

Reyhan, unwavering, added, "You know, you're just behaving like my older version when I was blindly following my own created beliefs. After that I understood that our past experiences never let us see the beauty of present. And sometimes, other people take advantage of that.. like Zaroon did to me. It was your love Emir which brought me out of that loop. I can't let you fight alone in this battle with your past. You made me learn how to love, the way I behaved with you after our marriage you tolerated everything But you never give up on me then. So, now I will not give up on you either."

Emir continued to look at Reyhan, slightly touched by her words. Reyhan, with sincerity in her eyes, said, "Emir, I promise I will find out who is behind all this. I can't let anyone separate us. We have a long way to go together. One day, we will walk under the beautiful sky of our love, holding hands, just like you dreamt about us."

Emir's expressions turned tense as he grappled with the conflicting emotions within.

Next day, Emir arrived at his office, finding a photoshoot in progress for the winter arrival. He asked, "All set?" Zara informed him, "The male model hasn't reached yet." Emir, irritated, replied, "Where is he? We'll send a car to pick him." Zara explained, "He's not picking up the call either. We've been sitting idle since morning because of him."

Expressing his frustration, Emir said, "How unprofessional is this?" The photographer, Jack, intervened, "Mr. Emir, can you turn left?" Confused, Emir followed the instructions. Jack then directed, "Move to the right." Emir complied, and Jack declared, "Perfect, Mr. Emir, you're my model today."

Emir, taken aback, questioned, "What are you saying?" Jack explained, "There's no one who can be the face of your brand better than you. This must be something new in the industry. Nobody ever thought of that." Zara chimed in, "Wow, Jack, this is a wonderful idea." Emir looked at Zara with frustration, feeling trapped into a role he hadn't anticipated.

Emir emerged from the changing room, donned in a fashionable long coat, big boots, muffler, shirt, and a hat, looking undeniably dapper. Jack complimented, "You're looking perfect, Mr. Emir," but Emir's frustration lingered. As the female model approached, she flirtatiously said, "Let's go, Emir. The photoshoot is going to be awesome."

Jack suggested a pose, instructing Emir to put his hand on her waist and look into her eyes. Emir, uncomfortable, maintained a safe distance. Jack teased, "Mr. Emir, she's not your sister. Come closer; she won't bite you." Just then, Reyhan arrived, and Zara excitedly approached her, saying, "Look, Reyhan, Emir abi is looking so handsome in this attire. I wanted to show this to you; that's why I called you here."

The female model went closer to Emir, reassuring him, "Don't worry, Emir. Just do as I say." She guided his hand to her waist and instructed, "Now, hold me properly and look into my eyes." Emir, noticing Reyhan's presence and to make her feel jealous, pulled the model closer, and Jack exclaimed, "Perfect," while capturing the moment.

Reyhan, witnessing Emir with someone else, felt an overwhelming surge of jealousy.

Then, Jack called for a costume change, Emir and the model headed towards the changing room. Overwhelmed with jealousy, Reyhan quietly followed them. Inside, model's team members discussed her sugar allergy and requested the removal of juices from the room. Reyhan overheard and playfully sprinkld a powder over her dress and said, "I'm not that bad to add sugar to your coffee but I can do something much funnier because you were getting too much comfortable with my husband. Now, I will tell you what a wife can do." Before returning she looked around and escaped from everyone.

Just as Reyhan tried to sneak away, Emir opened the door of his changing room, and Reyhan lost her balance, landing into his arms. Their eyes met briefly then they both moved away. Emir stood with a few buttons of his shirt open, frustrated as one had detached. Reyhan, noticing, asked, "What happened? Did the button come off?" Emir remained silent.

Just as Reyhan saw that the model was approaching them, Reyhan hastily pulled Emir and herself inside the changing room. Emir looked at her, their proximity charged with unspoken tension, as they found themselves alone behind the closed door.

In the awkward atmosphere of the changing room, Reyhan said, "Let me attach that button." Emir, defensive, responded, "You don't have to. I will call someone for help."