Chapter 33: Emir's emotional outburst

Reyhan searched the whole house for him, finally spotting him in his room. Taking a breath of relief, she cautiously approached him and Hesitantly called him, "Emir."

Emir, overwhelmed with anger and hurt pressed the glass so hard that it shattered into pieces in his hand. Reyhan, shocked, noticed Emir's hand heavily bleeding. Concerned, she said, "Emir, let me," but Emir pulled his hand away, distancing himself. Reyhan, hurt by his behavior, tried to reach out, saying, "Emir, that was not as it looks like..me and Selim...."

Emir, consumed by frustration, grabbed the whiskey bottle and smashed it onto the floor, shouting, "Enough! Just enough! Did I ask for any clarifications?" His outburst reflected the intense emotions and turmoil he was experiencing in that moment.

In an attempt to calm Emir down, Reyhan cupped his face. Emir's initial reaction softened at her touch, closing his eyes to feel the comfort. However, he soon had visions of Reyhan and Selim together, causing him to abruptly remove her hands from his face. He accused, "Selim touched your hands?? And you're touching me with those hands. Move away!!! Tell me where else did he touch you? Huh? Tell me?"

Reyhan, hurt, heartbroken, and frustrated at his remarks, tried to reason with him. Emir continued, "I told you to never ever leave me. I told you to be with me like this as you were. But you never loved me, right? All that was pretend...you were pretending to love me. That's why you didn't come that day to the hospital, not even bother to visit me because you didn't even care. I was so foolish that I trusted you.. Everyone, every single person I love truly in my life has left me for someone else.. You're just like my father. He left me for some other woman, cheated on me and my mom..Am I this much bad that everyone leaves my hand midway? Do I not deserve to be loved by anyone.. Tell me Reyhan, what's wrong with me? Am I not sensitive, Am I not loveable? Reyhan.. Reyhan.. I love you with my whole heart. My every single heart beat has witnessed my love for you. Still, you chose to betray me."

Reyhan, trying to maintain composure, said, "No Emir, No. I know you're hurt by your father's actions and your painful past, but that doesn't mean you will see its reflection in me. I have done nothing wrong, trust me."

In that intense moment, Emir's red eyes filled with tears as he looked at Reyhan. Reyhan, concerned about his state, said, "Emir, you're not in your senses now. Please, we will talk in the morning." Emir, still consumed by his emotions, responded, "Are you planning to go back to your lover by making me sleep now..."

Reyhan, furious at the unjust accusation, slapped Emir hard. She sternly said, "Emir, don't you dare to cross your boundaries. I love you, but that doesn't mean you have full access to insult me." Emir, feeling the impact on his cheek, looked at her, and the slap seemed to bring him back to reality.

Reyhan, holding Emir's arm, led him to the bed. Emir, intoxicated, lay down, and Reyhan, showing her care, removed his shoes and covered him with the quilt. As Emir succumbed to sleep, Reyhan, filled with both pain and determination, gently took the first aid box. She carefully started bandaging his injured hand. The process was painful for her; she felt the sting while cleaning the wounds caused by the shattered glass.

Despite the pain, Emir, heavily intoxicated, remained oblivious and only moved his hand in response. While carefully wrapping the bandage, Reyhan's tears fell onto the bandage. It seemed as though her tears, she was attempting to heal not only his physical wounds but also the emotional scars that Emir was suffering from.

In the morning, Reyhan made her way to Zehra's room. Zehra, observing her approach, wondered, "Why is she coming here? Did she get any doubts about me?" Reyhan knocked on the door, and Zehra, with a feigned innocence, opened it.

Reyhan said, "Zehra aunty, can we talk about something?" Zehra, stammered, "Yes, yes, of course." Reyhan explained, "Actually, I wanted to know about Emir's father." Zehra, inwardly relieved, thought, "Zehra, you were fearing for nothing; the plan is going as I wanted."

Zehra then proceeded to share details about Emir's father with Reyhan. Zehra said, "Now Emir isn't ready to meet his own father. Reyhan, you tell me is this right? Reyhan, considering Emir's emotional state, replied, "No, Zehra aunty, but look at Emir's condition, he was so attached to his father. He thinks everyone he loves will leave him one day. He has grown up with that fear. That fear has taken strong roots in his mind. Have you noticed anything about it before?" Zehra, maintaining her act, responded, "Reyhan, Emir was a silent kid since his childhood. He was so responsible for me and Zara. I was busy in working and earning so I never got a chance to take care of him as he deserved to be".

Here, Emir was in the bathroom shirtless when Reyhan accidentally entered. Embarrassed, she quickly apologized, "Oh, sorry, sorry. I didn't know you're inside," and attempted to leave. However, Emir grabbed her arm, pulled her inside. Their eyes met in a silent exchange. Reyhan, feeling shy, softly said, "Emir, let me go." Emir, with a tense expression, continued looking at her. Sensing her discomfort, he eventually released her, silently moved away, walking out of the bathroom without uttering a word.

Emir stood in front of the mirror, meticulously buttoning up his shirt as memories of last night's behavior played in his mind. His gaze shifted to the table, recalling the tension between him and Reyhan from previous night. As he wore his coat, Reyhan's sincere eyes met his, but he calmly looked at her and walked out of the room.

Downstairs, at the breakfast table, Emir, with a plate of salad, couldn't hide his frustration. "Where's bread? You guys never work on time," he remarked. Reyhan, quietly understanding, placed a bread slice from her own plate onto his. Emir, regaining his calm, stood up and prepared to leave.

Reyhan, concerned, pleaded, "Emir, please have something. Don't leave without eating." Emir, without turning, walked out, leaving a lingering tension in the air.

As Emir left, Zehra approached Reyhan from behind, expressing concern. "Reyhan, what happened? Emir left again without having breakfast." Reyhan remained silent, contemplating the situation. Zehra, worried, insisted, "I can't see him like this. We need to do something."

Reyhan, seeking guidance, asked, "Is it true, Zehra aunty? Tell me what I can do for him." Zehra suggested, "I think first you should meet Emir's father. It would be easier for you to convince him to meet his father."

Concerned about Emir's emotional state, Reyhan questioned, "What if Emir gets more disturbed?" Zehra reassured, "No, he's behaving like this because he has a lot of complaints from his father. Once he meets him, all the misunderstandings will be gone." Reyhan, convinced, said, "I think you're right."