Chapter 46: The reason

While dancing, Can and Zara exchanged glances, each revealing the complex emotions they were experiencing in that moment-jealousy, hurt, and a sense of longing. The dance became a silent exchange of unspoken feelings between them.

After the dance, Can, unable to contain his emotions, walked out of the event. Zara, fueled by anger, followed him. Selim, standing beside Zara, was left confused by the sudden turn of events. Outside, Zara follows him and held his arm, said, "Can, stop. What were you doing inside with that girl?"

Can, defensively, replied, "I was trying to move on. Is there anything wrong with that?" Zara, frustrated, said, "You're my... You..." Can cut her off, saying, "Leave it. You're not even able to say that, then how would you..." Before he could finish, Zara cupped Can's face and kissed him, shocking him with the unexpected gesture.

Meanwhile, Selim, who had followed them outside, witnessed the intimate moment between Zara and Can. As they moved away, Zara declared, "You're my husband, and I love you only." Selim, heartbroken, heard Zara's words and silently turned and walked away.
Zara, with determination in her eyes, said, "It doesn't matter if we separated for some time, but I'm still your wife. I'm all yours, Can. I can't lose you." Can, with teary eyes, said, "Really? You love me... you... love..."

Zara interrupted with a smile, "Yes, you idiot. That day I realised, you completely changed when I saw you learnt to prioritise your relationships above your work and money. Since that day, I was trying to talk to you."

Can, overwhelmed, confessed, "I knew one day would come when you'd forgive me and come back to me. I knew you can't punish me for a lifetime. I love you more and more, Zara. I love you." They both hugged each other tightly, finding solace and reconciliation in each other's arms.

Inside the venue, Reyhan stood with baby Esra in her arms then Emir approached asking, "Where is Zara? Why are you holding the baby?" Reyhan replied, "She said she is going somewhere." Emir questioned, "Selim?" Reyhan answered, "Selim, I don't know; he was just here." Emir, expressing frustration, commented, "How careless these people are, leaving the baby like this."

Reyhan reassured, "It's okay, Emir. I can handle babies." Emir smiled, teasingly saying, "I have no doubt in that. After all, you have to take care of all our babies." Reyhan widened her eyes and asked, "All babies? How many are you planning?" Emir playfully replied, "I don't know, maybe 6." Reyhan blushed and exclaimed, " Six?" Emir chuckled, saying, "When the right time comes then we will decide, okay?" Both Reyhan and Emir exchanged a smile, envisioning a beautiful future together.

In their bedroom, Reyhan and Emir tried to make baby Esra sleep, but she continued crying. Emir, feeling a bit helpless, said, "Reyhan, do something; she's crying." Reyhan, unsure, replied, "I don't know, Emir, what happened to her?" Emir, addressing the baby, said, "Look, baby, please go to sleep. I have so many things to tell Reyhan aunt. Please, baby."

Reyhan chuckled at his words, and to their surprise, Esra stopped crying, fixating her gaze on Emir. Emir triumphantly stated, "See, Reyhan, she also understands the condition of my heart." Reyhan, blushing, scolded, "Emir, at least don't say such things in front of the baby." Emir retorted, "She's just a baby but look, she understood what I said." Reyhan smiled, and Emir continued, "Now, baby, just go to sleep. I'm waiting, okay?"

Suddenly, a knock echoed through the room, and Emir opened the door to find Zara and Can standing together. Emir was visibly shocked to see them together, but Zara smiled. Emir, hesitatingly, asked, "Did you guys..."

However, Zara smiled, and Emir, realizing the situation, hugged her, saying, "I'm so happy for both of you." Reyhan, holding baby Esra, also joined them, saying, "Can, Zara, my sweet secret lovers." Both Zara and Can blushed at Reyhan's playful comment.

Emir, in a playful tone, added, "Now take your responsibility." He took baby Esra from Reyhan's hands and handed her to Zara, who accepted the baby with a smile. Reyhan blushed with a smile looking at Emir. Then Emir said, "Okay, bye, good night," and playfully closed the door.

Emir gazed at Reyhan lovingly, and she blushed, asking, "What?" Emir gently wrapped his arms around her waist and said, "Now tell me, how are you feeling after that proposal?" Reyhan, still blushing, replied, "It was so unexpected... I mean, all these days I...."

Then Emir turned serious and said, "Actually, I know... I was not introducing you as my wife publicly, and it could have hurt you but there was a reason behind that." Reyhan asked, "Which reason?" Emir explained, "Actually, it was Yiğit, my stepbrother. I got information that he was finding clues about our family, and I didn't want him to know anything about you. When I discussed this with my lawyer, he suggested keeping your identity hidden publicly because if he found out about your social media incident with Zaroon, he might have used it against us."

Reyhan looked tense, gazing at Emir. Emir continued, "Reyhan, I don't care about your past. All I care about is you. I can't let anyone say bad things about you or insult you. That's why when I got full confirmation from the police that all those traces from the internet have been erased, I planned this public announcement."

Emir gently placed his hand on Reyhan's cheek and asked, "Reyhan, are you upset with me because of all this?" Reyhan, with tears in her eyes and her voice trembling, replied, "No... not at all." She looked into his eyes and continued, "Emir, when that incident happened, I thought I would never be able to trust anyone again. I lost my belief in love. But then you came into my life. You filled all those hollow parts inside me. You changed my thoughts completely. You filled colors in my life."