Chapter 37: The unfolding layers

Emir, taken aback, said, "No worries, I will arrange something." As the call disconnected, Emir pondered, "But Mom said she paid all the bills. I myself handed that cheque to her. How's that possible?"

Emir having phone in his hand just as he saw Reyhan coming into the room, he quickly put on his phone and acted, "I hope you're okay... did you take a bath?" Reyhan, pretending to be busy, carefully listened to his words.

Emir continued, "Yes, the bath was important. Don't know who did that stupid thing," while looking at Reyhan. Reyhan was still frustrated and jealous. Then Emir said, "You take care... I loved the time spent with you." Reyhan, jealous, handled a pen in her hand angrily, pressing it so hard that the nip broke. Then she walked out of the room. Emir, noticing the broken pen, remarked, "She was burning."

Reyhan went downstairs to the kitchen and started crying, whispering, "Emir, I know you're doing this to hurt me... but I can't see you giving attention to someone else. I can't see you getting close to someone else."

Emir came down and said, "Exactly. Then think about how I felt every time when I saw you with Selim. Have you thought about that?" Reyhan looked at Emir, emotions swirling between them.

Emir continued, "Anyway, now these talks are useless. It's a waste of time because we have nothing left to talk about. Excuse me! " Then as Emir took a few steps to walk out he turned back and said, "From now on you will sleep in the guest room anywhere else you want." Reyhan was hurt at his words. Then she determinedly wiped her tears and said, "If you want me to leave this house then directly say.. I will leave!" Emir said, "It was great that you got a very intelligent mind. I'm impressed at your every smart move." Reyhan teary-eyed said, "Emir soon you will realise everything just as I did.. I believe that." Emir made a frustrated expression on her words and watched Reyhan walking out of the kitchen.

Now, Reyhan had packed her bags and was walking out of the Tarhun mansion. Then Emir came from behind and said, "Reyhan..." She stopped and looked back. Emir continued, "You don't have to go anywhere. Come inside." Reyhan, confused, looked at him with a little hope in her eyes.

Emir said, "You can move tomorrow in the morning. It's too late now." Reyhan's expressions faded away as Emir turned and went upstairs to his room. Reyhan stood there with hurt and teary eyes, unsure of the mixed signals she was receiving from Emir.

Emir was pacing back and forth in his room, muttering, "What was I doing? When she was leaving, why did my heart ache so hard? Reyhan... What have you done? I can't live without you or with you."

Just then, Emir's phone rang, and he picked up, saying, "Hello." The voice from the other side said, "Hello, sir. I have checked all the accounts, and the cheque you were talking about was transferred to Zehra Tarhun's account." Emir, in disbelief, asked, "Are you sure? I mean, have you checked correctly?" The voice assured, "Yes, sir. I have." Then the call disconnected, leaving Emir standing there, confused.

Emir thought, "Mom said she needed that money for Baba's treatment, but she transferred that cheque to her own account. Why? Also, Reyhan said that Mom told her to meet Baba. But Mom already knew that Baba is in the hospital. Then why did she send her to the hotel?" The web of confusion and questions deepened.

Then, Emir went downstairs and saw Reyhan sleeping on the couch with her luggage beside her. He reached her and stood in front. Emir softly said, "Reyhan... I don't know what's right or wrong, but I know one thing for sure. If God destined us to be together then we will pass through this challenge too. I just hope that everything gets solved very soon." He looked up and added, "I know God is watching us."

Emir covered Reyhan with a blanket, gently moved his hand over her head, and then left. As he left, Reyhan opened her eyes, getting teary-eyed, and whispered, "Emir, I know you love me so much. You came here for me. I hope God will remove this distance between us very soon, so that we can be back together like before."

In the morning, Emir watched as Reyhan's luggage was loaded into the taxi, feeling the pain and longing for her. As he observed from a distance, Zehra arrived and started shouting at Reyhan. Unable to hear the conversation, Emir decided to go downstairs.

Zehra, in a fit of anger, accused Reyhan by saying, "Emir is doing the right thing by throwing you out of this house.. you cheated on my son." Reyhan didn't say anything but was angry. Zehra said, "I'm saying this from the first day that you're a filth you don't deserve to be my son's wife. I trusted you and sent to meet his father but you called your lover there. So disgusting! " As Reyhan was about to respond, Emir reached there. Zehra changed her expressions and words on seeing Emir there.

Zehra continued, "You have caused so much pain to my son. You made him suffer from the worst." Just then, Emir's phone rang, He picked up, said, "Hello," and heard something shocking. His eyes filled with tears, and he couldn't stand with the heaviness of the news. He sank down to the floor. Reyhan, concerned, said, "Emir... Emir, what happened?" She cupped his face, and with a trembling voice, Emir managed to say, "Ba... Baba..." Reyhan, shocked, understood what he was trying to convey. She hugged him tightly, and Emir started crying. Zehra stood in shock, witnessing the unfolding tragedy.

Emir entered the hospital room, his eyes filled with tears. His father lay lifeless on the bed. Gently reaching to him, Emir held his father's fingers and said, "Baba (pauses).. Baba..." His tears dropped on his father's hand. Reyhan stood beside him, witnessing his emotional turmoil, offering her silent support.

Emir continued, "Baba, I'm here. I'm sorry I got late to meet you. Please forgive me, Baba. You wanted to see me for the last time, and I couldn't make it." Reyhan kept rubbing his back, providing comfort. Emir, overwhelmed with grief, said, "Baba, I'm not a good son," and started crying so hard. He rested his head on Reyhan's shoulder, and she continued to console him during this difficult moment.

During the funeral rites, Emir was full of tears. As they poured mud, Emir saw a vision of his father's figure smiling at him. Despite the tears in his eyes, Emir's face showed a mixture of sadness and a faint smile.