Chapter 28: Unexpected announcement

After that, Zara emerged from her room, exuding a newfound sense of style as she aimed to move on from the past. Zehra, noticing the transformation, expressed admiration, saying, "Wow, you look stunning, my dear. You had ruined your fashion sense completely after marrying that Can." Zara, determined to focus on the positive, replied, "Mom, let's not talk about him. I'm trying to move on from the pain he has caused; don't remind me of that again and again."

Zehra, suggesting a constructive outlet, said, "Zara, what I was thinking is, why don't you join Emir's business? I mean, it will provide something for distraction, and you could help Emir too." Zara, considering the idea, responded, "Yes, Mom. These shopping sprees and spending money won't make me forget my pain. I need to engage myself in something productive."

Here, Emir emerged from the bathroom, draped in a towel around his waist. Spotting Reyhan getting ready for the event, he playfully held her, pulling her closer. Reyhan, startled by the sudden gesture, met Emir's gaze. Emir teased, "What about we get late for the event a bit?" Reyhan, understanding his intentions, insisted, "No, we will be on time because it's a big day for my husband." Emir, appreciating her beauty, remarked, "But think about me; you look so stunning in this dress, and I can't help it. I just want to..." Reyhan, blushing, playfully covered his mouth with her hand, saying, "Emir, you were good in your shy era." Emir chuckled, suggesting, "Really? If I become that Emir now, then you won't get to sleep with me." Reyhan, blushing, shushed him, saying, "Shh... how can you talk like this?" Emir, smiling, playfully moved away, stating, "Move away; we're getting late for the event." Reyhan, with a mock complaint, said, "Emir, you're so bad." Emir smiled while setting his hair in front of the mirror as they prepared for the event together.

Now, Reyhan and Emir, all dressed up for the event, were walking through the corridor. Just as they were about to proceed, Zara approached them from behind, calling Emir "Abi." Emir turned to face her, and Zara said, "Actually abi, I was thinking of joining the business I want to engage myself in something..and this is what I found the best." Emir visibly pleased, encouraged her decision and said," Wow! that's great I mean I'm so happy.. why don't you join us at the event. There you can have a chance to meet new people and colleagues and delegates." Zara agreed, and together, they proceeded to attend the event.

In a grand event venue adorned with sparkling lights, Emir Reyhan and Zara made their entrance. Just as they stepped in, Selim Kutsal, Emir's new partner, intercepted them with a warm greeting, "Hello, Mr. Emir." Then his eyes then shifted to Reyhan, a smile spreading across his face as he hugged her. Emir, bewildered and a tinge angry, struggled to comprehend the connection.

Selim, noticing Emir's confusion, looked at Reyhan and said, "Reyhan, are you going to tell him, or should I?" Reyhan grinned and admitted, "Emir, Selim is actually my school friend." Emir, still trying to grasp the situation, managed an uncertain "okay."

As Reyhan and Selim engaged in a conversation, Emir found himself feeling left out and somewhat upset. Zara, on the other hand, couldn't take her eyes off Selim, her gaze filled with admiration. Sensing his discomfort, Emir told Zara, "I'm going to meet other people." Zara nodded absentmindedly, her attention still captivated by Selim.

As Emir took a few steps, a swarm of media people surrounded him, urging, "Sir, please, it's time for the media interaction." Emir hesitated, expressing his reluctance, but they insisted, emphasizing, "Most of the time, you stay away from the media, sir. Please." Resigned, Emir nodded and walked towards the podium.

The media bombarded him with questions, addressing him as Mr. Emir Tarhun, the renowned businessman in the fabric industry. Emir, with a smile, began expressing his gratitude, "Well, I want to thank all of you, my family, my wi..." His words trailed off as he spotted Reyhan and Selim exiting the venue together. Emir, seething with anger, concealed his emotions for the sake of the media.

The journalists shifted gears, probing into Emir's personal life. "Are you single or married?" they inquired. Emir, maintaining composure, replied, "I always keep my personal and professional life separate." Just then, he caught sight of Reyhan and Selim entering the venue, seemingly enjoying each other's company. Emir, suppressing his frustration, Said, "I'm single," and his words echo in the room. Reyhan, shocked, could hardly believe what she had just heard. She exchanged a glance with Selim.

Emir, determined to maintain his composure, added, "I'm single because I'm standing here alone. If I were married, I would introduce you to my wife." With that statement, He gracefully stepped down from the podium, leaving a resonating echo in the room.

Emir descended the staircase with a heavy heart, his steps burdened with the hurt he carried. Reyhan, standing nearby, watched as he walked past her without a glance. Her eyes welled up with unshed tears, and a sense of helplessness enveloped her.

As Emir passed by, Selim, observant of the tension, approached with a concerned expression. ""What happened to Emir? He didn't introduce you publicly. He still claims to be single," Selim remarked, genuine worry etched on his face.

Reyhan, her eyes still moist, tried to compose herself before responding. "There must be some reason for that. Emir wouldn't say such things without a cause," she defended, her voice a mix of confusion and conviction. She couldn't fathom why Emir would distance himself publicly, and the uncertainty weighed heavily on her.

Selim, sensing the complexity of the situation, nodded thoughtfully. "Maybe there's a misunderstanding. You should talk to him, Reyhan. Clear the air before assumptions breed more problems," He advised, offering a supportive hand on her shoulder.