Chapter 68: Tough time for Reyhan

As Reyhan showed her face, Emir with teary eyes, looked at Reyhan, understanding the depth of her gesture. Emir nodded slowly, holding Reyhan's hand more tightly, encouraging her to walk out of the room. However, a hesitation lingered, and Emir turned back, meeting Reyhan's gaze. She, too, held his hand firmly, silently affirming her choice to follow him. Reyhan kept looking at Emir while following behind and holding his hand and was now assured of Emir's recognition to her. That moment expressed emotions that words couldn't convey in that intensity.

As Reyhan and Emir stepped out of the room, the tension between them palpable, Emir suddenly released Reyhan's hand. Pinar hurried to Reyhan, concern etched on her face, but Reyhan's gaze remained fixed on Emir, who avoided eye contact. Ayşe approached, acting innocently said, "Emir bey, are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?" she inquired. Emir, still avoiding Reyhan's gaze, cut through the moment, asked, "Where's Esra?"
Ayşe exchanged a glance with Reyhan before responding, "I already sent her home. Let's go, Emir bey." Emir, maintaining a stoic expression, remained silent. With a determined stride, he walked away. Reyhan, still watching him, exchanged a wordless tension with Ayşe walking behind Emir.

Emir stood outside his room, contemplating the tumultuous events, Ayşe approached with concern. "Emir bey, let me examine if you got any injuries." However, Emir, overwhelmed with anger and inner turmoil, lashed out, "Why don't you understand? I don't need anything from you. Just leave. Leave me alone." His words stung Ayşe, and hurt, she slowly stepped back. Emir sharply added, "If you're that concerned, go to Esra and calm her down. She needs you more than me," and then he slammed the door in Ayşe's face.

Inside, Emir replayed the moment of holding Reyhan's hand and covering her with the overcoat. Frustration boiled within him, leading to a destructive outburst as he started breaking things around him. In a fit of rage, he shouted, "Why, Reyhan? Why? Why did you come back? After so many struggles, I started to learn.. to live without you, and you just... in all those years, I thought I didn't have a heart. But today, again, it started beating in your presence.

Then his expressions turned firm and he continued, "But this time anything you do, will have no effect on me.. Because I know you came back to see how broken I'm after spending those years without you. You left me with your choice but now, coming back into my life will never be your choice. I will never let that happen Reyhan Polat.. I will make you suffer from the hell if you try to come near to me or my daughter."

Now, Reyhan and Pinar reached home, Pinar expressed concern, "Let me get the first aid box. Look how much your hand is burnt." Reyhan remained silent as Pinar carefully began bandaging her injured hand. Reyhan then spoke, breaking the silence, "Pinar, Emir still has something for me. Today, I sensed it in his eyes." Pinar, with a knowing smile, responded, "I told you. He still loves you. Every bad has something good in it. Look, that accident happened, and you guys met again."

Reyhan, burdened by guilt, admitted, "But Emir is still angry with me, and it's obvious. Whatever I did to him, I deserve it." Pinar took a thoughtful pause before revealing, "Reyhan, actually, I got a job in Tarhun Industries." Reyhan surprisingly questioned, "What?" Pinar explained, "Yes, but I'm thinking not to join." Reyhan asked, "Why?" Pinar revealed, "Because you will join in my place. If you work there, you and Emir will be close to each other. And slowly, you will be able to tell him the whole truth, like why you left and what happened to you after that." Reyhan, hesitantly asked, "Are you sure I should join?" Pinar reassured her, "Of course, yes. It's your chance to get your love back. Don't let this beautiful love fade away. Reyhan and Emir are meant to be together. Just follow the path of destiny."

Dressed in professional attire, Reyhan walked nervously through Tarhun Industries' office. As she explored, her eyes caught the last magazine covers of the company, featuring her and Emir. A smile crossed her face as she reminisced about those moments.

Meanwhile, in his serious cabin, Emir expressed frustration, "When will I get a potential candidate for my secretary post?" His employee assured him, "Sir, we have shortlisted some candidates; they will be here soon." Emir demanded, "Show me their CVs." The employee listed off names, and then, hesitatingly, mentioned, "Reyhan Tarhun." Emir, caught off guard, nearly spilled his coffee, "What? Are you sure it's Reyhan... Tar...?" The employee affirmed, "Yes, sir, it is." He showed Emir Reyhan's CV, and Emir, staring at her photograph, made a decisive declaration, "She's selected. Send her to me once she reaches here."

Now, Reyhan stood nervously outside Emir's cabin. She softly smiled as she read his name on the door, then gathered the courage to knock. Emir, engrossed in his work, glanced up at her. Reyhan, still nervous, met his gaze.

Emir stood up, breaking the silence, "Welcome back." Then he sarcastically commented, "What should I call you, Reyhan Tarhun or Reyhan Polat? Because you left the Tarhun title four years ago. I think now it should be Reyhan Polat." His words struck Reyhan with shock and hurt. Emir continued, "So, congratulations. You're selected for this post, as well as you got a subscription for suffering and pain." Reyhan looked at Emir, her eyes reflecting the pain within. Emir pressed on, "Oh, my words are stinging like a needle in your heart, aren't they? Someone told me words of the same intensity years ago. Now it's time to pay back." Reyhan remained silent, absorbing his harsh words.

Emir, without giving her a moment to respond, instructed, "You are here, so start working from now. Take this coffee mug and get me a bottle of whiskey, also some cigarettes." Reyhan, shocked at the unexpected demands, stood still. Emir coldly concluded, "Go and get that. Leave."

Nervously, Reyhan fetched the whiskey bottle and cigarettes, placed them on the table as Emir demanded. Emir's gaze fixed on her he instructed, "Serve it." Reyhan, absorbing his demands without showing her frustration, proceeded to serve the whiskey. As she extended the glass toward Emir, he intentionally dropped it, saying, "Oops... the glass is broken, just like our relationship, isn't it?" Reyhan, without uttering a word, knelt down to gather the broken pieces. One of the glass shards cut her hand, causing pain. Emir, seeing this, concealed his emotions as he observed her silently. Acting coldly, he ordered, "Leave that. Go and sit at your desk. If I need anything, I will call you."

As Reyhan was about to exit his cabin, Emir added from behind, "And yes, get bandages done on both your hands because I don't want you to make any excuses for work." Reyhan smiled acknowledging his care behind his cold demeanor while walking out of his cabin.

At night, Reyhan reached home and Pinar greeted her, saying, "Ohh, look, Mrs. Reyhan Tarhun has arrived. How was your first day with Emir?" Reyhan, looking disappointed, replied, "What first day? He doesn't talk to me. And if he says something, it's full of rudeness. His voice becomes so stern while talking to me. But the happy part is he still cares about me. He tries his best to hide his emotions, but they always find their way to me." Pinar, sensing the complexity of the situation, warned Reyhan, "Reyhan, just be with him because I don't like that girl Ayşe. Also, her intentions towards Emir aren't good at all. I think she's trying her best to take your place. Reyhan, just be careful with her. She can do anything to you, to Emir, or to that little girl Esra." Reyhan nodded in understanding, "I'm understanding what you're trying to say. And from now, protecting Emir and Esra from all threats is my responsibility." With a proud smile, Pinar remarked, "Impressive! Emir's spell is working on you very well." They both chuckled.

The next day, Emir entered the office coughing and sneezing. Reyhan, concerned, stood from her desk, but Emir ignored her and headed straight into his cabin. Reyhan couldn't help but worry, thinking, "Emir got a cold. I don't know if he has taken any medicine or not. I know he must have slept with the AC turned on. I should get him herbal tea; it will be best for his health."

After some time, Reyhan reached Emir's cabin with a herbal tea. Just as she entered, Emir sneezed loudly. Reyhan calmly said, "Emir, you got a cold. Please have this herbal tea; it will help." Emir looked at her in anger and retorted, "What did you say? Emir... Call me Emir Sir. I'm your boss. Always keep that in your mind." Reyhan, remaining calm, didn't say anything. Emir continued, "And yes, take this herbal... whatever tea away from me. I don't want anything." He sneezed again, even harder. Reyhan, unfazed, started walking out.