Chapter 50: Shocking news

In their bedroom, Emir's phone rings, breaking the joyful atmosphere. He answers, and his expression quickly changes to shock. He hangs up, staring at the phone in disbelief.

Emir whispered to himself ,"No...no." Reyhan noticed Emir's distress and approached him, her smile fading and asked," Emir, what's wrong?" Emir looks at Reyhan with a trembling voice, struggling to find the right words. Emir continued, "Reyhan... your... your Baba...Reyhan senses the gravity of the situation and becomes tense. Reyhan anxiously asked, "What happened to Baba, Emir? Tell me!". Emir said, " He has been in a road accident, Reyhan. His condition is critical. Reyhan's eyes widen in shock, and she clutches her chest. Reyhan murmured almost in a whisper, "No, no, this can't be happening." She starts crying uncontrollably, and Emir reaches out to comfort her. Reyhan continues to cry, and Emir holds her, trying to provide solace in the midst of the sudden tragedy.

Emir and Reyhan enter the hospital, the air heavy with tension. Cansu, Can and Zara are anxiously pacing in the hospital corridor.

Cansu said with worry, "Emir, Reyhan...Reyhan rushes into her mom's embrace, tears streaming down her face. Reyhan said, "Mom, where's Baba? What happened?" Can said while holding back tears said, "They're running tests, Reyhan. The doctors said they'll perform the operation."

Emir, sensing Reyhan's distress, holds her hand for support. Zara was standing beside Can, offering silent support to him. Reyhan, overwhelmed with emotion, leans on Emir's shoulder for support. Zara and Can share a concerned glance also holding each other's hands.

Just then the doctor rushes in, a sense of urgency in their steps. Doctor said while addressing the family, "We urgently need blood for the patient. His blood group is rare, and we've contacted the blood bank, but there's a shortage. We're checking if any family members have a matching blood type."

Emir steps forward and said, "Just tell me the blood group; I'll arrange it from somewhere." Doctor replied, "His blood group is rare, O negative. We're asking if any of his children have the same blood group. Emir turned towards Reyhan and Can, his expression becoming serious. Can replied in disappointment, "Neither Reyhan nor I have a matching blood group with Baba." Emir looks at Reyhan, her face etched with worry and tears.

Emir said to the doctor, "Doctor there must be some other way. What can we do?" Doctor said, "We appreciate your willingness. If you have any relatives with O negative blood, please inform them urgently." Emir, now visibly tense, takes a deep breath, realizing the gravity of the situation.

After some time, Emir lies in bed, donating blood to Reyhan's father. The room is filled with a tense atmosphere. Reyhan enters, her eyes welling up with tears as she sees Emir in this selfless act.
Reyhan spoke softly, "Emir..." She takes a seat beside him, resting her head on his chest. Emir, sensing her distress, tries to reassure her.

Emir said, "Reyhan, please don't cry. Everything will be fine." Reyhan looks at him with gratitude and deep emotion. Then she said, "Emir, what else is left that you haven't done for me? I.. I never expected that someone could be this self sacrificing for me and my family... Emir, I'm so grateful to have you. I'm so lucky to be your other half.. to be called your wife."

Emir, with a tender smile, responds, "Reyhan, I am lucky that I got a chance to love you." Then Reyhan places a finger on his lips, interrupting him said, "Enough, Emir. Let me say. You always give me priority when we talk about love. Please.. Your love is the purest just like a river of milk. And I feel myself lucky that I get to taste it everyday.

Emir tries to speak, but Reyhan stops him with a gentle gesture. Reyhan continued, "No, let me say. It is said that love is a blessing, and you're that blessing in my life. I'm sorry if I ever hurt you.

Emir shakes his head, signaling there's no need for apologies. Emir trying to stop her said, "Reyhan, please..." But Reyhan insists, expressing her feelings and continued, "Emir, I never feared losing anything in my life but now I am scared what if one day you stopped loving me or something happens that we get apart.. Now, I can say this very surely that I won't take any more breath after that...Your love means everything to me."

Here, Selim stands near his car, beads of sweat on his forehead, his face filled with fear. In his hands, he clutches a bucket of water, trembling as he spills it over the car, desperately washing away the blood stains.

Selim muttered to himself said, "What have I done...?" His hands shake as he runs them through his hair as the situation bearing down on him. Selim said, " I don't even know what happened to that man. If he's alive or dead."

Days passed like this. Reyhan sits by her father's bedside, the room filled with a sense of relief as her baba shows signs of improvement. Cansu joins Reyhan, expressing concern said, "Reyhan, I think you must go home now. You've been here for the last 4-5 days. Can and I will stay with your baba." Reyhan, reluctant to leave, insists, "No, Mom, I'm okay. I want to be here."