Chapter 60: The Tarp II

Yiğit stood up and proudly declared, "So, I'm the mastermind of this whole drama. I knit everything so skillfully. Look at the results. Selim, my brother, you did everything right, but if that day, that old man didn't hit your car, we would have done this way before. But you fooled her husband very well...That stupid man what's his name?" Then Selim reminded, "Can". Yiğit said, "Yes, Can."

Yiğit then moved towards Zara and said, "Do you want to know who that old man is? Ahmet Polat... Your so-called father-in-law." Zara looked at them in disbelief and said, "You two are dogs in human faces. And you, Selim, you can never make me love you. You're filth, Selim."

Zara, firmly, asked, "And you, Yiğit... why did you do all this? What's your disgusting reason behind all this?" Yiğit, simply sinister, responded, "Ohh, my sister. Okay, so the reason is your brother, Emir Tarhun." Zara exclaimed, "Abi? What did Abi have done to you?" Yiğit coldly stated, "Done... He stole my life and luxury. The place he's standing now, I must be there." Zara, defending her brother, said, "Abi has gained everything on his own." Yiğit suddenly got angry and snapped, "Don't you ever say that."

The flashback started, where young Emir, disheartened, returned home after his father's second wife scolded him and told him to get away. Zehra, Emir's stepmother, asked Emir what happened. Emir didn't say anything and walked into his room, locking the door. Zehra, stressed about Emir's condition, decided to take matters into her own hands.

She called Emir's father and said, "Hello, can we meet?" Zehra went to meet Emir's father and expressed, "Emir needs your help." His father asked, "What kind of help? Is he fine?" Zehra explained, "I need some money for Emir's future security. He just completed his graduation and wants to start his business. I want you to invest in his business."

His father agreed, saying, "Sure, I would love to." Zehra, however, insisted, "No, not like this. Just hand over the cheque, and I will give that to him." His father expressed a desire to meet Emir, saying, "But Zehra, let me meet him. He's my son." Zehra, sternly, replied, "No, not at all. You lost everything when you left us and married that woman. I don't want to talk about it anymore. Just do as I say."

As the flashback continued, Yiğit went to his father and said, "Baba, I need money to study in Europe. I have gathered all the information, and I just want to study abroad." His father replied, "I don't have money. I'm financially not stable right now. Talk to me after some time about this."

Yiğit, frustrated, said, "Baba, I know very well where all your earnings are going. I will tell mama everything about how you still meet your ex-wife behind her back." His father, angered by the accusation, slapped him. Yiğit, with a bitter tone, said, "Of course, baba. This is what I can expect from you because I know, to hide your guilt, you gave that money to your elder son but not to me. Am I not important to you, baba?"

As the flashback ended, in the present, Yiğit emotionally expressed himself to Zara, "Wasn't he my baba? Didn't he had the same responsibilities towards me as well? Baba always gave priority to you and Emir just because he was under the guilt that he left his first wife and children because of us. Now you tell me, Zara, didn't I have the same right as Emir on my father's money? Tell me."

In a tense scene, Reyhan nervously entered the dark location. She stepped in, and Yiğit greeted her, saying, "Welcome, my dear sister-in-law. Seeing you after a long time." Reyhan, confused by Yiğit's presence, hesitated. Selim, noticing her hesitation, urged, "You came finally, so yes. Sit here."

Reyhan, still hesitant, didn't sit. Selim, more assertive, pointed the gun and commanded, "Sit." Feeling compelled, she took the seat. Yiğit, with a sinister tone, remarked, "So, witness number one is me, and witness number two is my dear sister-in-law. Selim weds Zara." Reyhan, in an attempt to resist, said, "Can and Zara are still married; you can't marry her, Selim."

Selim, confident, replied, "Oh, yes. I have taken care of that. I took his signatures over these divorce papers way before.. Now, Zara just have to sign them. Then he said, "Zara, my dear, you will sign them, right?"

Just then, baby Esra started crying again. Yiğit, irritated, said to Selim, "Just keep her quiet." Selim took Esra into his arms, but she continued crying. Selim, frustrated, handed baby Esra to Reyhan, instructing, "Just keep her quiet." Reyhan gently tried to pacify baby Esra while sitting on the chair.

Amidst the distressing situation, Selim extended the divorce papers to Zara, commanding, "Sign them." Zara, shook her head in refusal. Selim, growing more ruthless, put the gun near baby Esra and threatened, "You'll sign them, or I should...?" Fearful for Esra's safety, Zara grabbed the pen and reluctantly signed the papers to save Esra.

In a dramatic turn of events, Emir and Can reached the location with the police, intensifying the search for Zara and Reyhan. The tension heightened as baby Esra's cries echoed in the surroundings. Emir, recognizing Esra's voice, said, "They are near. It's Esra's voice."

In fear, Selim realized Emir's presence and urgently told Yiğit, "Emir is here. He brought the police too." Feeling cornered, Selim threatened the legal representative to expedite their wedding. The ceremony began hastily. Just as the proceedings started, Emir and Can reached the location, ready to confront Selim and rescue Zara and Reyhan.

In a tense confrontation, Emir exclaimed, "Selim, stop." Selim turned to look at Emir, pointing the gun at everybody and warning, "Don't you dare to do anything. Just stay back." Emir, with a concerned gaze, looked at Reyhan, sitting in fear while holding baby Esra.

Can intervened, urging, "Selim, leave Zara. You can't do anything." Amidst the standoff, Emir noticed Yiğit standing there, causing confusion and surprise.

Then, the police officer urged, "Put your gun down, Selim. We won't harm you." Selim, feeling cornered, hesitated, stammering, "I...I..." Suddenly, he moved his gun towards Reyhan and Esra, causing shock to Reyhan.

Emir, sensing the danger, warned, "Selim, don't you dare move that gun away from her." Emir started walking towards Selim. The tension escalated as Emir approached. Officers and Can shouted for Emir to step back, fearing the situation could turn dangerous.

Undeterred, Emir kept moving towards Selim. In a swift move, he grabbed Selim's hand, lifting the gun into the air. The police officers then realized Zara's presence. Yiğit sensed the situation slipping out of control, watched as Emir pushed Selim away and he fell to the floor.

Then, Emir rushed to Reyhan, concerned, asking, "Are you okay, Reyhan? Did he hurt you?" Reyhan reassured, "No, Emir, I'm fine." Emir quickly embraced Reyhan, who was holding baby Esra. Meanwhile, officers released Zara by untying the ropes, and she ran towards Can, hugging him tightly.

However, the moment took a drastic turn when Emir, still in Reyhan's embrace, noticed Selim pointing a gun at them. In a swift and selfless move to shield Reyhan and Esra, Emir swiftly moved them away, sacrificing himself. In a harrowing sequence, Selim shot Emir three times, each bullet intensifying the suspense and tragedy of the scene.

Emir, wounded and in pain, looked at Reyhan. Reyhan, in a state of shock and panic, loudly exclaimed, "Emir!" The intensity of the moment reached its peak as Emir fell to the ground. Reyhan, frozen in that heartbreaking moment, was unable to comprehend the reality unfolding before her.