Chapter 9: Reyhan's hurtful words

Emir, realizing she might be having her monthly cycle, gently said, "Reyhan, I understand. Tell me what I can do to make you feel better... Tea, ice cream?" Reyhan, annoyed, said, "If you really want me to feel better, just leave me alone."

Emir's expressions faded, realizing the situation. He respected her wish and quietly left the room.

Emir spoke to Zara on the phone, expressing concern, "Zara, Reyhan isn't feeling well. She's so irritated." Zara responded, "Ohh..." Emir, frustrated, said, "What 'ohh'? I called you for help. Tell me what tea Mom used to prepare for you." Zara teased him, "Ohhh Emir Abi, how cute you are. You will prepare tea for Reyhan." Emir dismissed her comment, saying, "Ehh, don't exaggerate. Just tell me, na."

As Zara started guiding him, Emir carefully noted everything in a notepad. In the kitchen, Emir turned on the stove, added water to the pan, and began preparing the tea. Reyhan, noticing him but ignoring his presence, sat at the dining table.

Emir accidentally cut his finger while chopping ginger and winced in pain. Reyhan, seeing this, immediately ran towards him. Upon realizing Emir's bleeding finger, she instinctively placed it into her mouth.

Emir looked at her adorably, surprised by her action. Reyhan, realizing what she did, released his finger and asked, "What are you doing here?" Emir replied, "Actually..." Then Reyhan's gaze fell on the notepad with the recipe for Chamomile tea. She immediately realized that Emir was preparing tea for her.

Reyhan questioned, "Who told you to do all this?" Emir replied, "I just wanted to make you feel better. I couldn't see you in pain." Realizing the implication of his words, their eyes met for a moment. Reyhan, maintaining her composure, stated, "I will prepare that on my own." Emir insisted, "You go and rest.

I will tell someone to prepare that for you." Reyhan, a bit frustrated, remarked, "It would have been better if you had that thought earlier," and then she left.

Emir stood in the kitchen, smiling and looking at his finger. Blushing, he replayed the moment when Reyhan put his finger in her mouth. Slowly, he kissed that finger savoring the sweetness of the unexpected connection.

Reyhan approached Emir and said, "Emir, I want to know something from you." Emir responded, "Yes." Reyhan asked directly, "Have you ever paid Zaroon for something?" Emir was shocked to hear this from Reyhan.

He hesitated, thinking that if he told her about paying Zaroon to keep her pictures hidden, she might get angry for not telling it earlier. Avoiding eye contact, Emir replied, "I didn't pay anything to anyone."

Reyhan, however, had seen entries in the financial records and that cheque. Her eyes teared up, feeling a sense of betrayal. Reyhan thought, "Emir is lying to me. That means everything written in that letter was true."

Emir noticed Reyhan's tears and said, "Reyhan, what happened? You're crying." As he attempted to put his hand on her shoulder, she immediately moved away. Emir was shocked to see her distant behavior but to console her he said, "Reyhan, please calm down.

Have some water." He reached to a nearby table, got a glass of water, and offered it to her.

Overwhelmed with emotions, Reyhan threw that glass on the floor. Emir, shocked and hurt, tried to console her but Reyhan accused him, by saying, "Don't pretend you care for me. I know what kind of person you are-a well-trained manipulator and a deceiver."

Emir, shocked and hurt by Reyhan's words, had tears in his eyes and said, "Reyhan, this is not true."

Reyhan, not convinced, declared, "I got to know everything, Emir. I know how you played with me, how you manipulated my vulnerability into an opportunity. All men are the same. I started trusting you, Emir, but you were not trustworthy at all." Emir was left shocked and hurt by Reyhan's accusations.

Emir, hurt by Reyhan's words, said, "Reyhan, I don't know the basis of the things you're saying. All I can say is I can never even think of hurting you."

Reyhan looked away from him in disbelief. Emir continued, "Reyhan, you're so important to me. I don't know how to make you believe, but I genuinely..."

Reyhan interrupted, saying, "The word 'genuine' doesn't sound good to you. It was all my fault that I handed you the power of hurting me. I made the same mistake again." Emir pleaded, "Reyhan, there must be some misunderstanding. Please try to understand."

Reyhan, already hurt and heartbroken, left the room, leaving Emir standing there, teary-eyed and deeply hurt.

Reyhan, hurt and heartbroken, with teary eyes, reached the room and looked at the wedding picture frame of her and Emir. She said while crying, "Emir, you not only broke my trust, but you broke me." Flashbacks of all the good moments between her and Emir started playing in her mind.

Based on the beautiful memories, she contemplated, "Emir, I will investigate more on this, but if I find out that everything written in that anonymous letter was true, then we will have no other chance. Everything will be over between us."

Deeply hurt, Emir took a seat on a couch in the living room. Tears streamed down his face as he rubbed his temples. In the midst of his pain, he remembered the day when he saw Reyhan for the first time. A smile broke through his sadness...