Chapter 53: Happy moments

Reyhan from the other side softly said, "Emir..." Before she can say anything more, the call abruptly ends. Emir looks at his phone, realizing the battery is dead. Emir frustrated said, "No, no. Not this time. Everything is happening with bad timing. I hate everything."

Reyhan staring at her phone screen, deep in thought. Reyhan said while thinking, "Is Emir still angry at me? I know I hurt him a lot, but Can is my brother. I can't leave him. There's something he's hiding, and he's behaving like this. But how will I make Emir understand this?"

In the morning, police officers arrive at Polat house for interrogation. The process takes place in the living room, with Cansu, Ayla, Ahmet, and Reyhan standing there. The officer said, "Okay, Mr. Ahmet, we have gathered all the information from you. We will try our best in this case." Reyhan, wanting to offer support, suggests, "Let me drop you out." As they step outside, Reyhan saw Emir standing alongside his car. Their eyes meet, creating a moment of silent acknowledgment. Then other officer said while addressing Reyhan, "Take care ma'am, have a nice day."

As officers left, Reyhan and Emir were attentively watching each other from a distance. Then Reyhan takes a few steps and stands in front of Emir, their eyes locked in a silent conversation.
Emir softly said, "Reyhan..." Reyhan responded with concern, "I know, Emir, you're angry with whatever happened yesterday, but..." Emir gently held Reyhan's hands, cutting off her words.
Emir continued, "Reyhan, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have behaved like that. But when it comes to Zara, I become extra concerned." Reyhan nods in understanding and said, "Exactly, Emir. The same situation is with me in Can's case. Please try to understand my side too." Emir sighs and said, "Reyhan, I'm understanding. That's why I won't force you for anything. But I can't see Can insulting Zara. If he wants to divorce her, by evening the lawyer will reach here and get the paperwork done."

Reyhan, concerned, tries to reason with Emir replied, "Emir, you're making decisions in a hurry. Please give them some time." Emir remains firm in his decision and said, "Reyhan, I respect everything you are saying, but this won't stop. The divorce will be done as soon as possible. I can't see my sister crying over a man who played with her emotions."

Just then Ayla saw Reyhan and Emir. Then she approached them with a smile. Ayla smiled and said, "Emir bey..." Emir returns the smile, "Hello, Ayla. How have you been?" Ayla replied, "I'm good, Emir bey." Then her expression becomes serious as she decides to share something with him.

Ayla continued, "Emir bey, I know I'm very immature to talk about this, but I believe Can abi still loves Zara. I have seen him crying holding their wedding photographs. There's something, Emir bey which Can abi is hiding." Emir listens attentively, acknowledging Ayla's perspective. Emir responded, " Thanks, Ayla, for sharing this." He pats her head gently, appreciating her concern, and then she left.

Emir said, "Okay, Reyhan, I should go now." Reyhan, looking sad, responds softly, "Bye... take care." Emir turns to leave, but noticing Reyhan's teary eyes, he immediately turns back uttered, "Reyhan..." He reaches out and wipes her tears gently. Emir said, "No, Reyhan. Please don't. If you cry, it will become difficult for me to leave. Reyhan, teary-eyed, looked at him and then said, "Then who told you to leave?" Emir, surprised by her response, asked, "Reyhan, do you want to come with me? Reyhan nods with happiness amidst her tears. Emir with a cheerful smile said, "Let's go then." Emir, filled with emotion, takes Reyhan's hand, and together they leave the Polat house.

Now Reyhan and Emir walking together on the road. Emir attempts to hold Reyhan's hand, but she blushes and gently resists by saying, "What are you doing, Emir? You can't hold my hand publicly." Emir, with a playful smirk, leans in, resting his chin on her shoulder and said, "Reyhan, I'm your husband, if you remember."
Emir then playfully lifts Reyhan in his arms, surprising her. Reyhan while giggling said, "Emir, please let me down. Emir mischievously smiled and gestures a playful no. Reyhan, shyly smiling, rests her head on his chest as they continue walking together like this.

Emir takes Reyhan to a quaint roadside restaurant, and they enjoy lunch together. As they are about to leave, they notice some kids painting on a wall. Reyhan, full of cheer, approaches them and asked, "Can I join you all?"

The kids happily replied yes, and Reyhan grabs a paintbrush, starting to paint on the wall. Emir watches her adoringly as she engages with the children. Reyhan's hair starts causing her irritation due to the wind. Emir, being attentive, reaches and gently holds her hair, tying a rubber band.
Reyhan confusingly asked, "Where did you get that rubber band?" Emir replied, "I always carry my wife's belongings; you never know when they'll come in handy."

Reyhan teasingly replied, "Really?" Emir chuckled and said, "Actually, it was in my office drawer.
Reyhan looked at him confusingly. Emir continued, "Do you remember the day you came to my office for the first time with that first aid kit? You left that rubber band there. Today, when I saw it, I was already missing you so much, so I carried it. And look, it reached its place." Reyhan, touched by the gesture, smiles at Emir and continued to paint.

Then Emir gestures for the kids to leave, creating a moment of privacy. As they depart, Emir romantically embraces Reyhan from behind. Sensing his touch, Reyhan looks back at him, feeling nervous said, "Emir... kids..." Emir hushes her softly in her ear, "They already left."
Reyhan, realizing the situation, said, "Oh..." Emir, being close to her, softly replied, "Hmm..."

He playfully rubs his nose on her cheek, causing Reyhan's heartbeat to increase. Emir notices and teases her by asking, "Again... your heartbeat is increasing. May I ask why?" Reyhan nervously responded, "I don't know." Emir chuckled and continues in a more serious tone, "You should know. Because your heart is the place where I live. If anything happens to me, then this heart will get affected. And if I die one day, then..."

Reyhan turned towards him and said, " Sh... (breathing heavily)...