Chapter 36: The photoshoot

In the awkward atmosphere of the changing room, Reyhan said, "Let me attach that button." Emir, defensive, responded, "You don't have to. I will call someone for help." Reyhan, trying to lighten the mood, said, "Emir, don't talk like that. Your wife is here." Emir raised his eyebrows, giving her a pointed look. Awkwardly, Reyhan corrected herself, "Yes, I mean, I'm here. Let me help."

Emir, resistant, insisted, "I don't need your help." As he attempted to unlock the door, they discovered it was locked. Emir, frustrated, blamed Reyhan and said, "Look what you have done. You locked us inside." Reyhan defended herself, "I didn't do that intentionally; it happened by itself." Emir, exasperated, said, "Please don't say anything more. I'm really fed up with this photoshoot, and here you're increasing my problems." Reyhan, trying to ease the tension, suggested, "If you let me help, I can ease all your problems."

In the confined space of the changing room, Reyhan took up the stitching kit and instructed Emir, "Stand straight." Emir, with no other option, followed as she said. Reyhan skillfully stitched the button onto his shirt, the needle weaving through the fabric.

As Reyhan leaned closer to detach the thread, Emir, looking at her, found himself smiling, momentarily forgetting all his grudges. Reyhan moved away, saying, "It's done." Emir, realizing himself smiling, immediately changed his expressions.

Just as someone from the team opened the door, they both came out. The spot boy gave them an awkward look as they were together inside. Hesitantly, Emir and Reyhan ran away from him, leaving the changing room behind.

Emir and the team were waiting for the model to arrive, and suddenly she and her team rushed in a chaotic state. The model, scratching her body due to itching, declared, "I can't continue this shoot. I have to go take a bath. I'm leaving."

Reyhan, silently laughing at the situation, caught Zara's attention. Zara asked Reyhan, "You did all this?" Reyhan, unapologetic, said, "Don't judge me, but yes. She was getting so close to Emir; what else should I do?" Zara, finding it amusing, commented, "You and Emir Abi's love is incredible. That's so cute."

Frustrated, Emir interrupted, "Jack, shut all this. I can't be part of this anymore." Zara, determined to continue, said, "Abi, we can't. We have to complete this photoshoot for the December edition of magazine." Emir, realizing the challenge without the model, questioned, "But without the model, how could that be done?"

Zara, with a mischievous smile, suggested, "Abi, you're here. Reyhan is here. Why not we?" Emir, in disbelief, said, "No, no, no. You're joking, Zara, right?" Zara replied, "No, Abi, I'm serious." Reyhan and Emir exchanged a glance, realizing they were about to step into an unexpected situation.

Reyhan entered, dressed up and looking jaw-droppingly gorgeous. Emir couldn't move his gaze from her, captivated by her beauty. Realizing the tension between them, he immediately averted his eyes. Zara whispered something to Jack, and the photoshoot began.

Jack suggested close poses, igniting a palpable chemistry between Emir and Reyhan. As Jack directed Emir to sit on a chair and Reyhan to sit on his lap, both felt awkward. Despite the discomfort, they posed, their eyes meeting, and Jack captured a perfect picture, freezing a moment filled with tension and unspoken emotions.

Reyhan kept looking at Emir lost in the moment, who was waiting for her to stand up. Emir said, "Reyhan..." Breaking the spell she startled and stood up. Emir also stood up and declared, "Now it's done. I'm going," and he walked out.

Then, Zara approached Reyhan, asking, "Did you enjoy the photoshoot and those poses?" Reyhan, blushing, nodded. Zara teased, "Ohh, look at someone's pink, shady cheeks." The lighthearted banter added a touch of humor to the charged atmosphere of the photoshoot.

Reyhan changed into her normal clothes and reached out to Zara, saying, "Zara, I need your help." Zara, willing to assist, asked, "Yes, Reyhan, tell me." Reyhan explained, "I need your phone to dial Selim." Zara, curious, questioned, "I have no problem, but may I ask why?" Reyhan disclosed everything to Zara, leaving her shocked.

Zara, supportive, handed her phone to Reyhan, saying, "Reyhan, I'm with you in this." Reyhan dialed Selim, and the call was on speaker. Reyhan inquired Selim, "You told me that I texted you, but there's no message like this on my phone." Selim insisted, "But I have it. I just emailed that screenshot to Zara." Zara showed Reyhan the email on her laptop.

Zara suggested, "Maybe someone took your phone to message Selim. Once it was delivered, someone deleted it immediately." Reyhan considered this possibility. Then she questioned, "But how did Emir come at that time? Zara, was there any meeting at the Hotel Sea Set?" Zara
checked and said, "I don't remember anything about this meeting. Let me check."

After examining the meetings chart on her laptop, Zara declared, "There was no official meeting held at any hotel in the last three months." Reyhan pondered, "Then why did Emir and his secretary reach? His secretary was handling files, which means Emir was there for some official work."

In the night, Emir was sitting in his room, scrolling on the internet, when he saw a post from his uncle featuring a picture with his father. Emir, emotional after seeing his father's picture after so many years, felt his eyes fill with tears. The memories echoed, especially Zehra's words, "You can't deny the fact that he's your father."

Overwhelmed, Emir immediately dialed a call to someone and said, "Hello, City hospital, actually I want to get some information about someone's health. Ali Tarhun, is he admitted to your hospital?" Hearing a confirmation from the other side, Emir inquired "Is his treatment going well, I mean all the bills and medical expenditures?" In response he heard, "No, sir, there are so many pending bills for that patient."

Emir, taken aback, said, "No worries, I will arrange something." As the call disconnected, Emir pondered, "But Mom said she paid all the bills. I myself handed that cheque to her. How's that possible?"