Chapter 43: The funny act

Emir insisted, "Are you sure? Let me inform Zara. She will keep an eye on you." As Emir walked away using his phone, Reyhan sat there, thinking, "Emir, how much you care about me, but why can't you express it in front of the world."

Here, Selim called Zara, and she picked up, saying, "Hello, Selim." Selim inquired, "What is my princess doing?" Zara smiled and replied, "She just slept." Selim, shifting the topic, asked, "And what about the other one?" Zara, confused, asked, "What?" Selim quickly corrected himself, saying, "I was asking about Reyhan. It's been many days since I've talked to her, that's why."

Zara responded, "Oh, okay. Reyhan is also well."

Selim sighed in relief, grateful that his quick correction helped him navigate the conversation smoothly.

Emir was sitting in his cabin, concerned about Reyhan's health. Just then, a worker entered and said, "Sir, the magazine launch preparations have been started, just as you said." Emir smiled and commended, "Good job."

As the worker left, Emir thought, "Reyhan, you will be surprised by what I have planned for you, my love. Something that you never thought of."

Emir returned home to find Zara busy preparing milk for baby Esra. To his alarm, he saw the baby about to fall from the couch. Emir immediately ran, picked up Esra, and held her in his arms. Panicked at first, he was relieved to have saved her. Zara then entered the room.

Emir expressed his concern, saying, "Zara, Esra was about to fall. What were you doing?" Zara, worried, responded, "Esra... Is she okay? Let me see." Emir sighed in relief, "Thankfully, I reached on time." Zara explained, "I was preparing milk for her; I didn't know." Emir understood but cautioned, "I know, Zara, but taking care of a baby isn't easy. It comes with a bundle of responsibilities. You have to be careful every time."

Emir continued, "As you're taking care of Esra, I know, but she's Selim's daughter. In the end, she has to go back to Selim. She can't be here forever." On hearing Emir's words, Zara emotionally pleaded, "Abi, please don't say that. Me and Esra are connected. Selim can't take care of her by himself. She needs someone to take care of her. She doesn't need any nanny. She needs mother-like care, Abi."

Emir gently said, "Zara, I understand that every child deserves to be cared for like that. But we can't do anything about it. She's Selim's daughter, and we have to accept this hard fact." Zara, struggling with the idea, pleaded, "Abi, it's too tough for me to think like that. Please... and Selim has no problem with Esra being here with me. He also wants me to be with Esra."

Emir, concerned about Zara's increasing attachment to Esra, sighed and tried to console her. The scene highlighted the emotional dilemma and challenges they were facing regarding Esra's future.

Zara, trying to normalize herself, said, "Abi, let's not talk about it anymore." Emir agreed, saying, "Okay. So, have you handed my gift to Reyhan?" Zara smiled mischievously and replied, "Yes, abi.

Reyhan was in her room, feeling shy but worried. She looked at the bag again and said, "Emir, what type of gift is it? It's so..." Curious, she took it out and found a nightgown. Reyhan, looking at it, said, "Emir..."

Blushing, she looked at herself in the mirror while posing with the gown, she blushed even more. Suddenly, she realized what she was doing, put the gown back into the bag, and said, "What was I doing? This gift is so embarrassing."

Emir entered the room with a smile, and Reyhan hesitantly hid the bag. As Emir took a few steps in, Reyhan instinctively moved a few steps back. Emir, still smiling, asked, "What happened, Reyhan?"

Reyhan kept looking at him, her mind racing. She thought, "He's not even a little embarrassed about what he has sent me. And look at his guts, he gave that to Zara to hand it over to me. Of course, he would be scared about how I will react." Her expressions turned nervously funny as she contemplated, "But now I'm scared... what to do? He's continuously looking at me."

Emir asked, "I sent something for you. Did you check?" Reyhan widened her eyes in awkwardness and hesitantly replied, "Which gift?" Emir, confused, said, "Which gift? The one Zara handed to you." Reyhan hesitated and said, "Oh yes, that one," with a hint of annoyance, looking at the hidden bag.

Emir asked, "So, did you try it? I mean, the fitting and all?" Reyhan widened her eyes again, thinking, "How shamelessly he's asking about its fitting?" Emir continued, "Please try it out because I don't want any issues at the final moment." Reyhan widened her eyes once more, frustrated, and said, "Emir, what's wrong with you?" Emir asked innocently, "What do you mean, Reyhan?" She replied, "The gift you sent me, and you're asking about its fitting like this?" Emir gently said, "Yes, if there's any problem, we can sort that out." Reyhan, exasperated, said, "Emir, are you hearing yourself? What are you saying?"

Emir, confused, said, "Reyhan, I'm not understanding what you're saying." Reyhan replied, "Emir, you... You're sounding like a shameless person." Emir asked, "Wait, what? What did I do?" Reyhan said, "Emir, what did you send in that bag?" Emir replied, "A beautiful dress for you for tomorrow's magazine launch."

Reyhan, feeling shocked and guilty, stammered, "A dress?....Actually, I..." Emir, not realizing the confusion, asked, "And when has gifting someone a dress become a shameless act?" Then Emir noticed Reyhan's gaze fixed on a particular side. He moved to the bag and took out the item, revealing it to be a nightgown. Emir's eyes widened, and he said, "Reyhan..." Reyhan was still in shock. Then Emir said, "Reyhan, trust me, I didn't send that. I swear, I told that boy to collect that from the shop and...." Emir, frustrated, held his head and said, "He must have been confused between two orders."

Reyhan, unable to look into Emir's eyes, said, "I'm sorry; I misunderstood everything and said such things to you."