Chapter 52: Clash between Emir and Can

Can, frustrated and on edge, can't hold it any longer respond while shouting, "Zara, I want divorce from you." Shock and tension fill the room after Can's unexpected revelation. Zara was in tears and was visibly shaken. Can repeated his words with a trembling voice, "Zara, leave me." Reyhan rushes towards Can, concern etched on her face said, "Can, are you in your senses? What are you saying?"

Zara's voice trembles as she confronts Can while saying, "Can, did you just say... divorce?
Can, maintaining his stance, affirms his words, "Yes, you heard that right." Reyhan, trying to mediate, steps towards Zara and said, "Zara, there must be some misunderstanding. Can can't say such a thing to you. You know how much he loves you." Zara, still in tears, responds with a mix of sadness and anger, "Reyhan, first ask him how dare he say that word without any hesitation."

Suddenly, Emir was standing at the entrance he was seen shocked and hurt. He overheard the intense conversation going on inside. Reyhan and everyone in the room noticed him are equally stunned.

Then Emir takes a few steps inside, positioning himself between Zara and Can, facing Reyhan.
Emir continued, "Can, do you really want to leave Zara?" Can, silent for a moment, eventually said, "Yes, I... I want to divorce her. Please take her with you from here."

Emir, angered by Can's words, grabs his collar forcefully. Emir gittered, "How dare you play with her emotions! If you didn't want to continue with her, why did you reconcile with her?" Reyhan tried to intervene, attempting to loosen Emir's grip on Can. Reyhan with concern said, "Emir, please, there must be something... Please calm down, leave him." Emir, looking at Reyhan, reluctantly lets go of Can, but the anger in his eyes remains.

Reyhan, shocked and hurt, confronts Can said, "Can, what are you doing all this? You love Zara. We all know it. Then why are you doing all this?" Can, with a cold demeanor, revealed, "That reconciliation was my plan to throw her ego down. I wanted to take revenge on Zara. She left me and this house as if I was solely responsible for everything. I had to do this." Emir, enraged by Can's confession, grabs Can's collar again and said, "You... I will not spare you today. How dare you do this to my sister?"

Emir slaps Can, expressing his anger and frustration. Reyhan tries to mediate, but Emir is resolute. Emir shook her hand and said, "Reyhan, please, not this time. He deserves this." Emir forcefully pushes Can onto the sofa and begins to confront him physically. Reyhan, desperate to stop the altercation, intervenes again.

Reyhan pleaded, "Emir, stop it, please! He's my brother." Emir, still fueled by anger turned at her with a furious look and said, "Didn't you see what he did to my sister?" Reyhan, caught between Can and Emir, pleaded to Emir by saying, "Emir, there must be some reason he's saying all this. I will talk to him. Please, Emir, calm down." Can, cold and resolute, interrupt Reyhan's attempt to mediate said, "Reyhan, there's nothing you can talk about. Whatever the truth was, I said it already. Now, Emir, take your sister from here. I don't want her in my life anymore." Emir, torn between anger and concern looked at her.

Reyhan was emotionally caught in the middle, is left hanging between her brother and her husband, unsure of how to handle the situation.
Emir, his anger evident, strides towards Zara and firmly holds her hand and said, 'Let's go, Zara. We will not stand here one more second."

Emir then turns to Reyhan, frustration in his voice, "Reyhan, come." Reyhan, still standing, seems torn. Emir repeats with a more assertive tone, "Reyhan, come." Reyhan, with her gaze down, hesitates. Emir reaches out to her said, "Reyhan, it's your decision to choose between me or your brother."

Reyhan was shocked and continued to look at Emir. Reyhan defended Can, "Emir, please. I'm sure there's something behind this. Can isn't like that." Emir, feeling frustrated, responded, "Okay, I understood what you're trying to say. Fine. Then stay here with your brother."

Emir, furious, forcefully grabs Zara's hand, and they walk out of the Polat house, leaving Reyhan standing in the midst of the turmoil.

In his room, Emir lying on his bed, feeling the emptiness without Reyhan. He turns and sees Reyhan's side on the bed, missing her presence. The flashback from the Polat house plays in his mind. As he gently caresses the empty space, his phone rings, interrupting his thoughts. Emir answered, "Hello, officer." The voice on the other side speaks, "Mr. Emir, we checked all the cameras at the accident site. It was a white Mercedes. The number plate isn't visible clearly, and the man driving was around 30-35 years."
Emir listens intently, hoping for more information asked, "Does any other hint there about that man?"

The officer replied, "No, Mr. Emir, but we are working on it. Also, tomorrow we will be going to Polat house for some interrogation with Mr. Ahmet. Please be present there if it is possible."
Emir responds with a contemplative tone simply said, "Hmm."

In the night, Emir pacing in his room, holding his phone and deeply missing Reyhan. He thinks, "I shouldn't have left her alone there. Whatever Can has done, it's not her fault. I behaved so rudely, I think. But she was taking Can's side after hearing everything from him."

As he contemplates, his phone rings, displaying "Reyhan ❤️." Emir hesitates but gathers courage to answer Emir said, "Hello?" Reyhan's voice on the other end, and Emir, closing his eyes, braces for the conversation. Reyhan from the other side softly said, "Emir..." Before she can say anything more, the call abruptly ends. Emir looks at his phone, realizing the battery is dead. Emir frustrated said, "No, no. Not this time.