Chapter 29: Distance

In the bustling atmosphere of the gathering, Zara approached Selim, her eyes carrying a hint of curiosity as she greeted him. "So you're our new partner," she remarked, a subtle but knowing smile playing on her lips.

Selim, caught off guard and looked slightly confused, responded, "You??"

Zara revealed her identity with a graceful nod, saying, "I'm Emir Tarhun's sister, Zara." As the realization dawned on Selim, He offered a warm smile and greeted, "Ohh, Hi... I'm Selim Kutsal."

Zara, maintaining a steady gaze, acknowledged with a subtle nod. Selim, feeling a bit uneasy under her scrutiny, excused himself politely, "Well, it was nice meeting you." With that, he made a hasty exit, leaving Zara standing there, her gaze lingering in the direction he walked away.

Emir, overwhelmed by a torrent of emotions, felt the weight of hurt pressing down on him like an insurmountable force. As he grappled with the turmoil within, he frantically loosened his tie, his breaths becoming increasingly heavy.

Running his hand through his disheveled hair, he tried to shake off the scenes playing in his mind - The vivid scenes of Reyhan and Selim. The anxiety escalated, his chest tightening with each breath. In a surge of frustration, he kicked a nearby car in the parking lot, a physical release for the turmoil within.

"Why am I thinking like that..No, no. I can't let my past insecurities stand between us," Emir muttered to himself, his voice strained. He took a moment to gather himself then said, " I need to believe Reyhan is loyal to me. She loves me. She won't betray me. I love her."

Emir, in a determined effort to overcome the rising panic, focused on the love he shared with Reyhan.

In the dimly lit room, Reyhan was seen sitting on the bed, facing in the opposite direction, silently confronting her emotions. Then, Emir entered with a tense and serious expression, the weight of the recent events etched on his face. Reyhan, still grappling with the hurt from his statement claiming to be single, tried to overcome the emotions that gripped her.

Emir, sensing the heaviness in the room, took a few steps inside. Reyhan, becoming aware of his presence, quickly wiped away her tears, attempting to conceal her vulnerability. Emir, torn between the desire to comfort her and the helplessness of the situation, looked at Reyhan with a silent acknowledgment of the pain he had inadvertently caused.

Unable to find the right words, Emir turned back and silently exited the room, leaving Reyhan alone with her thoughts and emotions.

Emir, sensing the need for a comforting gesture, returned to the room with a shawl. He gently stepped towards Reyhan, who was lost in her own world of hurt. As he covered her with the shawl, Reyhan, startled by the sudden warmth, turned to see Emir standing there, his eyes reflecting the weight of their unspoken turmoil.

Reyhan, her eyes still swollen from crying, couldn't hold Emir's gaze. Hurt was evident in her eyes as she turned slightly away from him.

Emir, torn between the desire to comfort her and the struggle to face the depth of her emotions, moved to the other side of the bed, facing away from Reyhan. Reyhan turned to look at him. Emir, overwhelmed with his own emotions, had tense and conflicted expressions. The air in the room carried the weight of unspoken words and unresolved feelings.

Next morning, Emir, ready to leave, walked through the corridor, his mind burdened with the recent events. Suddenly, Zehra's voice halted him, "Emir... wait." He turned to face her, the tension evident in his expression.

Zehra, with a mix of concern and frustration, questioned, "What statement did you give yesterday that you're single? Why did you bring that girl here against my will? You decided that you don't want to divorce her. If you don't want to continue this marriage, then tell me. I will..."

Emir, cutting her off, pleaded, "Mom, please. There's a lot I'm fighting within. I can't confront your questions right now." Zehra, realizing the gravity of the situation, insisted, "Emir, you know this is serious. We can't just let..." Before she could finish, Emir walked away, leaving her words hanging in the corridor, the unresolved tension.

Can was in his office, engrossed in his work, when suddenly Selim Kutsal stormed in, his anger palpable. Selim, with a stern expression, questioned, "Is this what you're hired for? Am I paying you to present these samples to me? What rubbish is this?"

Can, feeling the weight of Selim's disappointment, lowered his gaze, guilt evident in his eyes as he listened to the scolding. Selim, not holding back, continued, "Go to the factory and get fresh samples. Report to me by the evening." With that, Selim left the room, leaving Can standing there, grappling with a mix of guilt and sadness.

In Tarhun mansion, Reyhan sat in the dining room, prepared to have her breakfast. However, before taking her first bite, she inquired with the helper, "Has Emir had breakfast?" The helper replied, "No, ma'am. He left without having breakfast."

Reyhan, realizing the situation, put the untouched food back on the plate and stood up. The helper, concerned, suggested, "Ma'am, at least you have something." Reyhan, her thoughts elsewhere, softly said, "No... I'm not hungry," the weight of her concern for Emir evident in her voice as she chose to forgo her own meal.

Observing the uneaten breakfast left by both Reyhan and Emir, Zehra sensed that something serious was unfolding between them. Determined to uncover the truth, she made her way to Zara's room.