(Requested) Friend Like a Mother (Reader x Teakettle, PLATONIC)

~Your POV~

It's nice of Teakettle to invite over to her place for a quick cooking class. We have been friends for a long time, but this is still a very nice gesture!

I get to her house and marvel at her yard. It's full of white roses, pink lilies, and a nice vegetable garden! She probably uses them for her homemade foods, and her hour d'ourves. (I think I spelled that right?)

I walk past the garden and up to the front door.

"TK! Are you home?"

"Coming!" I hear footsteps rush over to the door, probably Teakettle.

"N/A! Oh, I'm so glad you came! I also asked Box to come but Nickel told me he still needs time to recover after the episode 5 incident."

I remember, I hope Box feels better soon. But, I'm also glad to spend time with TK!

"We'll come on! I have everything prepared!"

"Okay! Lead the wa-!"
TK already held my hand and walked me into her kitchen. She must be really excited!

"Now remember. Stay very careful around knives, the stove, and keep your hands clean! Soap told me some facts about clean cooking areas once. Very helpful!"

It nice that Teakettle is so cautious about this. I like to see her as a mother to me.

"Alright TK, I will. Thank you for looking out for us!"

"Oh no problem N/A, but I was mostly doing it for you. I don't want to have to be the reason you get hurt. Now... let's get cooking!"

(Time skip! You and TK finished making the hour d'ourves)

Phew! That was harder than I thought it would be, but it was a success! It was nice preparing the sides and making the deviled eggs together. TK even told me a story about how she made the Floor an assortment of eggs cooked in different styles as a gift.

He must have been surprised, and very grateful! TK has the best cooking skills!

"Wow, that took a lot of endeavor, but you finally made this beautiful dish N/A!"

"You mean we made this dish, right?"

"Nope! You did most of the work, and I guided you most of the way! I tried to make it as least noticeable as possible."

I look at her, surprised. I didn't even noticed that I did do a lot of the prep.

"TK! You didn't have to, and I still call it ours because we worked on it together, right?"

I can see a smile grow across her face.

"Oh N/A, you are like family to me ya'know!"

Teakettle pulls me into a hug...and I can't resist hugging back!

She leads me outside the door after we finished eating what we have made.

"You take care, and watch out for cars!"

"I will TK. Have a good day!"

I walk away from her house, waving and looking at her past my shoulder.

She really is like a mother to me.
A mother that is also my best friend!
___________________________________
WOW! I made a platonic oneshot! Honestly, I had trouble thinking of a place, until I got a great idea! If you have a request, you can also send me a setting to go along with it too! Thanks for reading and...

Until next time!