(Requested) My Hands In Thiers (Reader x Paintbrush)

~Your POV~

I wait eagerly by the front door, waiting for them to show up. My good friend Paintbrush asked if I wanted to spend the day together on Saturday, and I just couldn't say no!

Every time we do something together, usually I'm the one to ask Paintbrush if they want to do something together. So, I find it strange that they asked me to go somewhere.

But I'm glad we get to do something together again!

Suddenly, I hear a knock.

"N/A, are you home? It's Paintbrush!"

I open the door to see them, right outside.

"Painty!" I let go of the door and hug them without a second thought.

"Normally I wouldn't allow you to call me that, but since you are one of my closest friends, I'll allow it."

We end the hug and I leave my house, locking the door. We walk out of the neighborhood and into town, and surprisingly there aren't many people out of their homes today.

"So, where are we going?" I had to ask since I had no clue.

"Oh, I was thinking we could go to the park. There aren't many people there anyways."

I glance over to the park on the other side of the street, and Paintbrush was right. The only person I see there is Test Tube testing out her 'daytime' telescope.

"Yeah, we could do that!"

We walk across the street until we get into the park. It has a nice setting, and not that many people come here on the weekend due to other places becoming bigger in popularity.

We walk around until we reach the playground in the center of the park. Then I come up with a fun idea.

"Hey painty." I try to use my luring tone.

"Oh boy, what is it now N/A?"

"I think I can swing you on the swing a whole 360 degrees. What do you think?"

They look at me like the answer is obvious.

"N/A...that's a terrible idea! Not to be rude in all, but we could get hurt! Remember when I almost snapped in half while going down the spiral slide last year?" (Maybe this is a experiment 21 reference? It depends on how you take it in as the reader. Back to the Oneshot)

"Don't worry Paintbrush, we don't have to do it if you are uncomfortable."

They take a moment to look at me with a forgiving expression.

"No, no. Let's do this!"

Painty rushes over to the swing set and carefully sits down. I get behind them and we both hold on to the chains keeping Paintbrush up.

"Okay, on three, two, one!"

"Wait I had a question about-"

"No time!"

I let go of holding the chains keeping Paintbrush up and make sure to push them using lots of pressure.

"AAAAAAAA!! OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!"

I watch as Painty goes all the way around the swing set. They finally come down and immediately, Paintbrush wakes over and holds on to my shoulder. They must be dizzy.

"That was awesome Painty! Are you okay? You don't really, look alright."

They lightly let go of me and regain strength to stand up right.

"Y-yeah I'm fine. But maybe we should take things lightly for the rest of today. Just a thought after, you know, spinning around all the way on a swing set."

"Okay! No problem. I am pretty sure there is a bench nearby the lake, that's the most calm thing I can think of."

We walk over to the lake and find the bench. I like how the sun reflects off of the water, glistening under the light pink sky due to the time of day.

"You know, I've been thinking," Paintbrush starts to talk as we sit side by side on the bench.

"What if, we confess to our crushes."

"W-what?! You just said we should rest for the day. Do I have to tell them."

I can hear Painty chuckle to themselves.

"No, you don't have to tell your crush, I just thought it would be fun N/A."

"Well...I guess I don't have to tell you then."

"Ha ha, very funn-"

Paintbrush slowly turns to look at me, with their face  a shade of light pink.

"I-I'm your crush N/A?"

I look back at them just to fit the situation, "Yeah...I've been trying to find a time to tell you, but I thought it would be too awkward. Or ruin what we have."

They hold my hands in theirs,

"Well, I guess I can finally do this then."

"Paintbrush, what are you talking abou-"

The bring my hands up to where it meets our hearts, and they kiss me, right then and there.

I never thought it would happen...but it felt better than I would ever imagine.

We ended up staying together at that bench,
Hand in hand,
In front of the lake for a while.

This was the first time we kissed
And it won't be the last.
___________________________________
This Oneshot was very long, and it took a while to make. But, I am always happy to do a request, or any Oneshot to make for others!

I have to say something now, and it's not just the iconic 'Until next time!' At the end. Next part, won't be a Oneshot, but something special that is also something that I am very proud of. You'll just have to see in a bit. And as always...

Until next time!