(Requested) Skating With Pride (Reader x Nine BFB)

~Your POV~

Thankfully the sun was shining, otherwise our day together would have been canceled! Earlier today, my best pal Nine stopped by my house and asked me if I wanted to skateboard with them.

I know the basics...well, sort of. But at least I know how to ride a skateboard so I agreed!

Before we started to head to the skatepark, I had to grab my old (insert your favorite color) skateboard, and some new wheels.

"Yeah! This trip is going to be radical N/A! I am glad at least you agreed!"

"At least me? Nine, what are you talking about?"

"Well," I get a answer from Nine, "I actually asked some of my closest friends to go with me, and you were the first to agree! Also, it was a test to see who actually had the time to have a gnarly time!"

"Oh, I thought it was about something else."

I thought that Nine didn't respect me when they said that, but I guess they were just lonely and needed to hang out with someone.

We arrive at the skate park and notice that there wasn't many people there other than Firey attempting to teach Leafy on how to skateboard.

I always admire the relationship they have, and it reminds me of myself and Nine.

"Well c'mon N/A! This is going to be so, EPIC!" Nine immediately runs into the skatepark without hesitation and I follow shortly after.

When they get there, Nine gets their skateboard and skates to the other side of the park, doing some kick flips along the way. I decided to pull out my skateboard, and try to go around everything just to catch up with Nine.

"Yeah! This is going to be, absolutely, awesome!" I hear Nine say out loud at the top of a skate ramp. I finally catch up to them, hoping to catch a break.

"*Huff, huff* Nine! Please...can you please, wait for me to catch up next time.

"Oh gosh! Terribly sorry about that N/A! I was just excited. But look, we made it to the top! Now we can skate all the way down!"

"...All the way, down?" I slowly look at the bottom of the tallest skate ramp. I have never been the best at going down one of these, so I may be nervous.

"Alright pal! I'm ready when you are!" I see Nine look at me with determination. I can tell their eyes are shining even with the sunglasses.

"Um, Nine. I am actually slightly scared about this. I think I should just walk down."

They look at me with the slightest bit of shock, but it quickly changes to a neutral expression. I watch as Nine skates down the ramp without me.

"Skate!" I hear them shout at the bottom.

"WHAT!? Right now? I don't think I can do this Nine."

"It's okay N/A! Look at me!" I take a moment to look at Nine no longer on their skateboard. "Please trust me, I'll...I'll catch you at the bottom!"

Really? As scared as I am, I can't let down Nine. I can tell they really wanted to hang out with me.

I take a deep breath...
Look at Nine...
And push with my foot...

"Woah! Oh my gosh this is CRAZY!?" I can't help but say as my skateboard accelerated under my shoes.

I am getting close to Nine, my skateboard still speeding up.

When I reach the bottom, Nine holds on to my hands and lifts me off of my board, as it continues rolling until it hits a bump.

Nine and I are still holding hands, on the ground of the park.

"N/A, are you alright? I am just concerned after you were scared up there."

"Yeah, yeah I am. Thank you Nine, you really helped me out there!"

"That's good, because that was the sickest ride I have ever SEEN! WOO!" Nine celebrates as the sky starts to turn pink in the sunset behind them.

I have never realized this before, but I really admire Nines determination and bravery. They can be a great partner to me!

___________________________________
Sorry I posted this one so late today, I didn't realize how hard this Oneshot would be. But I loved writing it nonetheless! I hoped you enjoyed and...

Until next time!