(Requested) Two Selfless People (Reader x TPOT 9 Tree)

AUTHORS NOTE: Alrighty, this one (starts hfjone intro) was slightly difficult because of the whole infected lava situation in TPOT 9, so I tried to include it as much as possible. Okay, I won't stall anymore.
__________________________________

«~Your POV~»

One night...in one night, chaos ruled in the grasslands. Thank goodness everyone was recovered after the incident, who knows what would have happened if we didn't get an antidote.

Everyone could've, well, died. And Four and X can't really recover the UN-dead if Two can't either.

Sigh, all of this thinking is giving me a headache. Just reminiscing about the zombie apocalypse that happened is kind of un-settling. (I mean, I wasn't bothered by it but-)

I look over to the Goiky canal, seeing the large tree in the distance. I think to myself for a moment.

I start to swim across the canal, heading towards Tree. Maybe we can both use some support because of the situation that happened.

When I get to Tree, I gently tap on the wood to signal that someone is here. "Huh, what?" Tree then looks down to me, "Oh, hello there Y/N. Why are you here?"

"Hey Tree! Um, can I climb up please!" I have to call up to him because of how tall he has gotten. I guess the Goiky Canal is pretty healthy for wildlife or plants in general.

"As long as it doesn't cause death, I'm fine with it." Tree replies back. I start climbing up Tree, making sure not to scratch myself on the bark and going through the leaves a gentle as I can before I reach the top.

When I get there, I sit on Tree's leaves and just take a moment to regain my strength.

"So, why did you want to see me Y/N?" Tree asks me curiously. I reply back, "Well, I guess I just appreciate your company. Also, I think we may both need it after what happened this challenge."

"Yeah, honestly I did get pretty nervous when Marker and Fanny tried digging me out of the canal. I was afraid."

My eyes grow slightly wide, but I'm not sure why for some reason. It should be normal to be a afraid of the literal undead. "I understand that, but you make it seem...more. Tree, is something wrong?"

"Hmmm..."

"Don't worry, you can tell me. After all, we can both use some closure."

Tree smiles at me, and then starts to speak the truth. "I was afraid that, If I died I could be a major threat. Well, considering my size I could easily infect someone as an undead object. I was also afraid that, Black Hole would have to eventually put everyone into utter nothingness because of how dangerous the undead objects would be."

"Wow. You have a great point Tree." I think of what to say, even if I am good or bad at giving advice this is a pretty hard topic to discuss about. (Need advice? I can help.)

I let what Tree had said sink into me, as if I thought the same thing about myself. Being that, I could be dangerous to the people I care most about if not careful.

But...

I don't have to think that way.

"Tree," Maybe I should saying the truth now. "I don't think you would be harmful to anyone, even if you were undead. And this is besides the fact you are planted under the canal. Tree, you try so hard to protect everyone you care about, I witnessed this not only in TPOT but in BFB as well. And I'm sure that even if you didn't have control...you wouldn't hurt your friends...Because that's not you." (I didn't realize how deep this was until now)

I look down at Tree again, looking at the gentle sunrise with his eyes wide, like he had just witnessed something you couldn't see in a thousand years.

"...I could say the same for you Y/N." My jaw drops when Tree says that out loud.

"W-what do you mean?"

"It may not seem or feel like it...but you are selfless Y/N...and I love that about you."

Tree looks up at me while I sit atop his leaves, so I smile back. Reassuring that, all of this...just shows what we can do as ourselves.

"...Tree, I love that your selfless too. I love a lot about you!"

I lay down on Trees leaves, watching the purple sky fade to a light blue on the horizon.

Before my eyes grow heavy and pull me away to sleep, I hear something that makes my heart warm up.

"I love you too Y/N. Get a good rest."
__________________________________
This feels similar to a angst (in my opinion) but yet again, this Oneshot portrays a sweet and heartwarming interaction! Thank you so much for reading, and as always...

Until next time!