(Requested) Just, a Day for Drawing (Reader x 8-Ball, Humanized

Authors Note!: 8-Ball will be having prosthetic limbs, as part of the request, so this was difficult since I barley know anything about prosthetics. I hope the Oneshot turned out okay! :)
____________________________________

~Reader POV~

Today was pretty boring, nothing much to do besides going shopping, or whatever. And if I did go shopping, I wouldn't even need to buy anything. I'd just be spoiling myself.

However, it was nice outside. Not too many clouds, but the sun was out. Not too hot, not too cold. Nice light breeze in the air, perfect to go to the park.

That's why I'm walking there, hoping to at least get something substantial done today, hoping to at least get myself out of my home.

Walking along the sidewalk, hearing the trees sway nearby matching the pattern of my footsteps, I reach the park up ahead. Sometimes I show up there, so it would be nice to see if it has changed at least slightly.

When I go under the archway leading into the park, I notice lots of people hanging out. Little kids on the playground, some throwing a frisbee, while couples and older people walk along the lake nearby. Jeez, guess I'm not the only one who thought it was nice out today. No surprise, I guess.

Walking through the fresh grass, trying to navigate myself through some people along the way, I try to find a place to relax or at least enjoy the setting.

Defiantly not the playground, where I would get crowded by children. Maybe the lake, but people are already walking and riding their bikes along the sides. I could just leave and go to the art museum across the street, but I bet it's not even open at the moment.

At last, I manage to find a bench being shaded by a tree. There was already someone sitting on the right side, but I don't think they would mind if I just didn't really talk too much.

Making my way over to the spot, I could get a closer glance at the other person. They had smooth black hair, a white t-shirt with an eight on it, a black coat and jeans, and black converse on. There was something that, stood out about him.

He had prosthetic limbs.

I had never met anyone with prosthetic arms, and legs before. This was surprising, but I tried not to stare too much and mind my own business.

When I sat down on the bench, I pulled out my phone and started to scroll on social media while the person next to me was drawing on a sketchbook.

"You could talk if you want to, I don't mind." The other man catches my attention, and I put my phone down. "Oh, alright. Thanks for, letting me know." I come up with a reply to his statement. Great, now I have to think of a follow up question!

"So, what's your name?" I ask politely to the other man, hoping to get his name. "I'm 8-Ball, what about you?"

"I'm Y/N, (or your oc/object sona name)" I glance over 8-Ball's shoulder, hearing his prosthetic arms move slightly making soft pencil strokes on his sketchbook. "What are you drawing?"

8-Ball looks back at his sketchbook and erases a small line, "I decided to draw that funny plant over there." He points to a dark magenta colored plant, close to the tree near us. He was really good at shading.

"It's kind of hard to draw because of, well, my limbs." I watch as 8-Ball looks at his prosthetic hand, wondering how exactly these sorts of things work. "Well, I wouldn't have thought it was hard considering that you are great at drawing." I compliment the sketch of the funny plant, while he looks to his side. "T-thanks, I guess. I don't really hear that often."

Moving closer to 8-Ball, getting his attention on me once more, I ask him politely. "Well, have you drawn anything else? I want to see!"

Giving him a warm smile, 8-Ball smiles back at me and starts to flip through the pages of his sketchbook trying to find the perfect drawing. I could hear the rustling of the tree branches compliment the sound of the pages flipping, while the funny plant near us just sways in unison.

"Before I show you, I have to ask something. What's your favorite number? I-I don't have one." I glance at 8-Ball, making up my own response. "Well, my favorite number is *insert favorite number*...but let's say you did have a favorite number, what would it be?"

8-Ball stops flipping through the sketchbook pages, and lands on a detailed drawing of a swing bench before answering. "This is, probably not a surprise, haha...but if I did have a favorite number it would be eight."

We both laugh at the statement, he is right, it wasn't much of a surprise.

"Ya'know, we should hang out more often! Just like this!" I hold a leaf that fell off of the tree shading the two of us, and 8-Ball chuckles. "As long as you don't mind, my prosthetics, t-then sure!"

I give him the leaf I caught earlier, and 8-Ball just holds it up by the sun letting the light shine along the leaf's edges. "I-I could try to draw this, you can keep it when I'm done."

8-Ball and I look at his sketchbook, now with the leaf in the corner of the empty page. "Thank you! I'd like that."

I may haven't done much that day...but it sure felt like a lot. Especially with him by my side.
__________________________________
I haven't really done a humanized Oneshot yet, so this was pretty challenging ngl. But I hope I did alright! Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful day and enjoy the little things in life while you can, and as always...

Until next time!