(Requested) More Than a Mentor (Candle x YinYang)

~Candle POV~

My inner flame, and myself, always knows that people need some guidance every once in a while. So, why not get back with an old friend of mine from III.

I was thinking that a trip to the arcade could be a exercise for their balance...Yin and Yangs balance if you will.

I wait patiently outside of the arcade for YinYang to arrive, until a hear an unpleasant but recognizable sound.

"Why did you make us get up so early, if it was at 3:00 Yin!"

"We can't be late! Especially for Candle! I thought you would be excited Yang."

"Yes, because anyone would be excited about something eight hours away. You set our alarm to 5:00 in the morning!"

"Oh hush Yang, we are almost there anyway."

I hear YinYang argue on the way over. They must have been preparing since yesterday for this.

They arrive in front of me, gasping for breath.

Yin speaks up to me, "We apologize if we were late Candle. Someone didn't want to plan ahead."

"Well you didn't have to run, if we were already close!"

I shush them, easing the tension. I really hope they don't do this the whole time, but not every pair is perfect. "All that matters is that you came, and both of you seem pretty eager. Now, here are your game cards." I hand them both cards to use for the arcade machines.

They look at them as if they just found buried treasure. "Wow this is wonderful Candle! You didn't have to get them for the both of us!"

"Oh it's nothing. I just thought I should. Actually, Silver brought it up before I came here, he usually makes sure I can help out as much as I can."

I can see them make a neutral face as soon as I mention him. Something feels off.

"Okay, no more stalling! Let's beat those losers!"

"We have to be polite about it Yang!"

I walk behind the duo as we enter the arcade. We go up to the counter to check ourselves in but...no one is there?

"Hello!" I hear a voice...below me? That's something I didn't predict.

I look down to see the Floor wearing an arcade employee hat. "Hey Candle, YinYang! It's always nice to see some Thinkers from the competition. Oop, I see you all have cards! Enjoy your time!"

"Thank you greatly Floory."

"Bye!"

"Yeah, whatever. Let's go already!"

I wave politely to the Floor as we go and look for a game. I try to find a game that involves control and precision, something that-

"Wait."

YinYang screeches to a halt and walks over to where I am standing. Curious of what I stopped them for, I explain.

"Do you see that red machine with the dropper. That game is called Quik Drop, you attempt to drop all 50 red balls into the rotating bins within a 60 second time limit. If you get them all in you win the jackpot of 1,000 tickets!"

They go up to they machine and look up to it in awe. Their face reflecting off of the glass, showing feelings of determination and excitement.

"Haha, yes! I can win this no problem! But...let's see the pudding boy try first." Yang makes a smirk signaling it to Yin.

"Oh, we'll I guess. Is it okay if I go before you Candle?" YinYang turns to me when asking.

"Of course Yin. I thought this would be good after I tried it with Silver last week. It is always nice to be with him and his confidence!"

YinYang looks to the side again, with just a hint of anger. I also sense a sign of, jealousy.

"YinYang, is there something wrong? You have acted strangely twice now and I wish I wasn't worried about you."

They turn to me and speak up.

"Candle, well...the thing is-"

"It's clearly that dumb SPOON! It's always him being your inspiration, and not the duo next to you. It's always been just-just so frustrating and...well..." Yangs words trail off as I look at both of them with confusion.

"We always wanted what you had together...with the three of us." Tears start rolling down Yins eyes as a singular one comes out of Yangs. I never would have even thought that this is how they felt.

Yin's words echoed through me...deeply into my own soul.

"W-we just love you Candle. You mean so much to both Yang and I, and it's because of you that we can stay sane and get along. We just want what you and Silver Spoon had before you got eliminated."

"Calm down Yin, you are getting emotional and-" before Yang could finish, I pull them into a tight embrace, making sure to also catch their tears.

"YinYang...I never realized you wanted more than just a mentor out of me. If I had known sooner...I would have given it to you from the start...

Thank you, truly." My own voice starts to break and we just stayed like that, until we made things right again.

"Now," I try to get my words back together as YinYang gives me a heartwarming smile. "Shall we continue our 'bonding session' together?"

"Yes Candle...I would love that!"

"Hooray! More bonding time with partners!"

"I love you YinYang."
__________________________________
Exactly 900 words! I feel like these are getting longer...and I love it! Sry that this took so long, I try to make one every day because one I love to write these and two I have like four more requests to do omgah. Well, this Oneshot was very nice and heartwarming to make, and as always...

Until next time!