Chapter 21

On the morning of New Year's Eve, he received a large express delivery in a confused manner. He repeatedly confirmed with the courier that the address was indeed Twilight Manor.

The box was packed in a large box, almost as tall as him. He Nian chose to open the small box next to it first. Inside was a pair of Totoro desk lamps. They were finely made and had a particularly good texture. They were cool and silky to the touch.

He remembered.

It had been raining last night. When he hung up the phone, Mr. Chu asked him if he was afraid. He blushed and explained that he was not afraid of ordinary thunderstorms, but he would be afraid of continuous storms, lightning and thunder.

In the big carton is a Totoro doll with gray-white ears and a white, bulging belly, which is particularly soft.

He Nian held the Totoro in his arms blankly and couldn't bear to let go. The more he looked at it, the more he fell in love with it. Finally, he excitedly buried his head on its soft belly and rubbed it.

My whole heart is numb.

He once called Lin Fengzhuo on a rainy night, but he woke him up. Lin Fengzhuo lost his temper and said: "I don't understand, what's so scary about staying at home? If you have any psychological problems, go see a psychiatrist." ah."

But Mr. Chu told him that everyone has something to be afraid of, and you don't have to overcome it. No one is invincible, and you must learn to respect your own fears. He also bought him a cute little lamp and a big doll.

For the first time, he experienced the feeling of being truly cared for by someone, as if he was surrounded by warm light, which made his nose sore.

But at the same time, another thought suddenly appeared.

Would your husband be so kind to others? How many people have experienced this feeling of being cared for and taken care of?

He Nian discovered that he actually knew very little about Mr. Chu, and his original happiness slowed down a bit.

Business in Twilight Manor is good in August, especially on weekends. The university has not officially started yet, so some stores are closed. Those students in military training are like wild horses running wild. It feels like they have opened their own canteen during the New Year.

He has to spend a lot of time every night to prepare the ingredients for the next day. He has to get up at 4:30 in the morning. He originally didn't plan to recruit help and was waiting for Zhou Ran to start school, but it doesn't seem to be possible now. If necessary, He couldn't leave the delivery order at all.

In the end, He Nian still posted the recruitment information. Unexpectedly, someone applied for the job that day. They were the two boys who came to the store last time. The elder brother was named Li Muyang and the younger brother was named Li Mufeng.

The two asked if they could work part-time during the busiest part of the day.

This is the best way to celebrate the New Year.

Looking at the amount of money in his card, he wanted to work harder.

He even planned a table to list all the expenses, and would put a check mark behind each item he completed. According to this progress, he could really go back to his senior year of high school next year. Thinking of this, a smile appeared in He Nian's eyes.

"Happy New Year!"

A youthful and bright voice came from the door. He Nian looked up and saw Chu Han jumping out of the car, with a pair of headphones hanging around his neck and bold orange-red hair, which looked unexpectedly appropriate.