Chapter 80

The Public Security Bureau receives a lot of civil dispute cases every year, many of which involve family ethics. It is generally recommended that both parties mediate well, and it is best to reach a settlement.

Zhang Tong and Li Hu have been working in this bureau for many years, and have long been accustomed to it. Most of the time, they just talk and deal with things. Who would have thought that today, an ordinary money dispute case would actually involve the director.

"How was the matter handled? Huh?" the director asked in a loud voice. The two mediators understood even though they were confused, and did not explain the reason for a long time.

"Are you all mute?!"

The director was secretly anxious and angry, and wanted to rush up and pry open the mouths of the two of them. If this matter was not handled well, he might not be promoted in the future. He looked around and his eyes fell on He Nian, and he called out:

"This little comrade, can you tell me?"

He Nian now has a backbone. He is like a child in school. Someone comes to support him when he is bullied. He immediately accuses:

"The two police officers did not agree to send the bracelet for appraisal and insisted on asking my mother to pay compensation. They also said that if they continued to pester, it would hinder the work..."

With a "bang" sound, the director slapped the table, almost knocking over the tea cup, and cursed:

"Isn't it too easy for one day? With a little bit of power in your hands, you start to use official power to bully the people?! Can you appraise it? Can't you get out tomorrow!"

Zhang Tong and Li Hu were covered in cold sweat. Being scolded was a small matter, but losing their jobs was a big deal.

"Yes, yes, yes, it's all a misunderstanding. If I can check it, I'll get it checked out right away."

Sudden changes.

Liu Yan was obviously a bully. She was acting rude just now. Now she didn't dare to say a word. She grabbed her man Wang Zhijie's arm and winked.

Wang Zhijie said stupidly: "What wink did you give me? The police comrades told me to send it for identification."

Liu Yan didn't understand what fingerprint identification meant. She only knew that the bracelet wasn't worth that much money. If it was found out, asking her for 100,000 wouldn't be extortion, which was illegal, so she suddenly panicked.

"Comrade police, you see, these are all neighbors, so there is no need to go to such trouble. How about we just pay 40,000 yuan as we said before? I haven't finished my work at home yet..."

"That won't work!" The director waved his hand, leaving no room for negotiation. He said seriously:

"The police pay attention to fairness and openness in handling cases. If you want people to pay compensation, you can't just talk in vain. If you want it to be true, the money must be paid. For the same reason, if this thing is false, it must be severely punished!"

Hearing this, Liu Yan almost collapsed on the ground, not to mention regretting it.

About thirty or forty minutes later, the two parties compared their fingerprints and found that there was no fingerprint of He Minglan on the bracelet. They also found someone to identify it. The entire set of jade was estimated to be less than thirty thousand yuan, with the necklace and earrings being the least valuable.

Not only will Liu Yan not receive "compensation", she will also be punished for extortion and intentional defamation.

"Oh, I can't count, comrade policeman. You can't believe what a kid says. That bracelet was passed down from home. I don't know how much it costs..."