Chapter 90

The corridor of the hospital was eerily quiet. Chu Xijin had just entered the operating room after losing too much blood. Song Siyao breathed a sigh of relief. He turned around and saw the large blood stains on his New Year's sleeves and said nervously:

"What happened to your arm?"

Watching the operating door close, He Nian's spirit finally relaxed. He shook his head as if his brain was a little slow to react. His face was as pale as paper, his eyes were red, and his voice was hoarse and helpless.

"Sister, there was a lot of blood, I'm so worried..."

"Don't worry." The tone in Song Siyao's voice made her feel distressed, and she comforted him: "You heard from brother that the glass piece didn't penetrate into critical parts. It will definitely be fine."

She said and asked He Nian to lift his arm. Two cuts were made on the back side of his right arm. Fortunately, the wounds were not deep, but they were extremely long and shocking to see.

"Doesn't it hurt? Why didn't you say anything when you were hurt?"

He Nian was stunned. He didn't even know when he was scratched. The damp and sticky clothes clung to his body, mixed with a strong iron smell, which made him feel a little nauseous.

"I have no idea......"

Song Siyao said: "Listen to sister, okay? No matter what, deal with the wound first. The last thing he wants to see is you getting hurt."

The nurse used alcohol to disinfect and bandage, and the skin was almost burning. He Nian gritted his teeth and remained silent. Whenever he thought of the image of his husband resolutely blocking his way, his heart twitched with pain, making him instinctively want to curl up.

Self-blame, fear, fear...

After the wound was taken care of, He Nian silently returned to the surgery door. At this time, any comfort was in vain, so Song Siyao had no choice but to wait with him.

This operation was not complicated. After about forty or fifty minutes, the door of the operating room opened.

"Dip, drip, drip."

He Nian stood up and hurried forward: "Brother Wen, how is the situation?"

The hospital corridor was eerily quiet. Wen Zhiru took off his mask and let out a long breath:

"Xiao Nian, you handled the emergency well. The wound was not infected, but the glass penetrated into the back was too deep and needs a period of recovery. The head was hit. The current situation is hard to say and requires follow-up observation. "

"Then... when will he wake up?"

"After taking anesthesia, you can wake up in half an hour without any problems. However, it takes time for the drug to metabolize. It will take at least a few more hours to fully wake up."

He Nian insisted on staying in front of the hospital bed.

Wen Zhiru and Song Siyao looked at each other and shook their heads. They simply asked him to stay safe and gave him a few serious instructions before leaving.

There was only a thin and fragile figure left in the ward. He Nian looked at the pale man on the bed with his eyes as if he was mute. A small pain surged in his heart. He almost held his breath and slowly came closer for a while.

He half-crouched on the ground, holding Chu Xijin's cold hand and placing it against his face. He blinked slightly, and the warm liquid slid down his cheek and onto his arm.