Chapter 87

Lin Zhouhe was still in a state of confusion until he paid the fee. The bill in his hand was as heavy as a thousand pounds, totaling 38,608 cents. It was the medical bill that he thought about how to pay off every day when he opened his eyes. No time to complain.

His parents passed away early, and the neighbors could not help him. He understood that they were afraid that he would not be able to afford the money. His grandma was his only relative. He studied hard, worked hard, and tried every means but still could not cope with these hardships. He had already done so. I prepared for the worst, but I didn't expect...

Lin Zhouhe stared at the shoes that had been glued to his feet for a long time, leaving behind solid white gel. He didn't know how many times the shoes had been glued on, and his tears began to fall. Maybe he had suppressed them for too long, and his voice became louder and louder.

This scene can't help but remind He Nian of himself in the past. There is a saying that Ma Shen picks out the smallest details and leaves all suffering to those who suffer more.

"Can you take me to see your grandma?"

The hospital environment was a bit cold and damp. He Nian followed Lin Zhouhe to the ward on the second floor. Through the glass on the door, he saw an emaciated old man lying on the bed by the window, with sunken eye sockets and an oxygen bottle inserted into his nose.

Lin Zhouhe carefully opened the door. The old man was awake. When he saw his grandson, he suddenly had a smile on his face. Lin Zhouhe forced his smile and knelt beside the bed. He held the old man's hand and pretended to be happy:

"Grandma, do you still remember the competition I talked about last time? I won the grand prize. The prize is more than 20,000 yuan. Now you can have the surgery with peace of mind..."

"My little baby is awesome!"

The doctor said that the old man is old and his body functions have deteriorated. Even if he undergoes surgery, the effect will not be very good and he can only last three to two years at most.

Hearing the greetings made the tip of his nose sore. He couldn't save the suffering in the world, but this happened around him. There was no way to ignore it. A child's life couldn't be ruined like this.

After Lin Zhouhe calmed down his grandma, he came out and knelt down in front of the New Year greetings. He kowtowed three times, pressed his forehead against the cold marble, and said dryly:

"I'm not a liar, I will definitely pay back the money as soon as possible..."

"No need to do this, get up first." From time to time, medical staff passed by in the corridor and looked at him with curious eyes. He Nian asked Lin Zhouhe to sit down on the bench, and then sighed:

"How do you want to pay it back as soon as possible? Should you continue to work? Distribute leaflets from morning to night, run errands and deliver takeaways, or help the fruit shop owner move boxes?"

Lin Zhouhe stared at the frayed trousers without saying a word. What else could he do now? At least he still had strength. He also had a dream. He wanted to be a teacher, a doctor, or any other profession, as long as he could make his grandma live a better life. It's a good day, but things don't last forever.

"do you have weichat?"

The topic changed so quickly that Lin Zhouhe didn't know what to do in New Year greetings, but he still took out his mobile phone.

After adding him as a friend in the New Year, he quickly transferred 100,000 yuan. He didn't give Lin Zhouhe a chance to speak and said directly:

"I don't plan to ask you to pay back the money, but it's not for nothing. When your grandma's condition stabilizes, you can go back and take the college entrance examination. Can you do it?"