Chapter 31

In the middle of the night, He Nian stood frozen at the door of the master bedroom.

The husband must have fallen asleep. Growing up, his idea was to trouble others as little as possible, otherwise he would be annoying.

Habits have a great influence on a person. In the airtight sense of security, when something happens during the New Year, my first reaction is to rely on my husband.

There was a shadow reflected in the crack of the door, like a kitten's light footsteps, going back and forth several times, the pillow in his arms was clenched tightly.

Want to go in?

Will it be... overstepped?

I have never seen a person so fragile when the fever reaches 40 degrees before. If I am less confused, I can hold on until the next morning to buy medicine.

But he was really afraid of nightmares. The terrifying images kept getting bigger, and there was a deafening noise in his ears. He felt conscious but couldn't wake up.

While my mind was still imagining, my hand had already pressed the door handle, and there was a slight "click" sound.

A string of tension in He Nian's heart was broken. How could he explain to his husband that he behaved like this in the middle of the night?

Want to sneak into the master bedroom?

Chu Xijin sleeps very lightly and has mild insomnia symptoms, but it does not affect his ability to work, study and social activities during the day. He will use the method of working for four hours and resting for one hour to relieve it.

Therefore, he woke up the moment he heard the sound from the doorknob, and knowing something about the situation, he turned on the wall lamp in the bedroom.

There was a very light knock on the door.

"Come in."

After getting permission, an off-white pillow first popped out from the crack in the door, and then a head popped out from behind.

He Nian looked up and saw the man on the bed looking at him.

Chu Xijin was no longer his usual meticulous image. He was wearing black pajamas with dark patterns. His forehead hair was slightly messy and fell between his eyebrows. The silk pajamas stuck to his chest and undulated with his muscle lines.

He Nian gritted his teeth and crept into the house, leaning his back against the door. He closed the door carefully with his backhand and said bravely:

"...Sir, can I lie on the sofa for one night?"

"sofa?"

Chu Xijin looked towards the window. There was a single sofa, which was at most one meter and two meters long. It could not accommodate the body of a young man.

He Nian stared at the little rabbit slippers nervously. The room was filled with the smell of white sandalwood mixed with cedar. This smell was so overbearing and aggressive that he was sweating on the forehead.

"Come to bed and sleep."

Chu Xijin gave up his position and behaved in a gentle and graceful manner. He didn't seem to be angry at being disturbed at all.

The person behind the door struggled for a while, the pillow in his arms was stretched into an hourglass shape, and finally walked to the bed. The big gray bed had a touch of bright color.

He New Year blushed and lay on the bed with his heart pounding. Then he remembered that he didn't bring a quilt. He was wrapped up before he could react. Chu Xijin helped him squeeze the quilt and said softly: