Chapter 39

It has been almost a month since the start of the third year of high school, and the study atmosphere is completely different from before. Very few people hang out after class, and they all lower their heads and study questions.

The classroom was filled with the rustling sound of ballpoint pens falling on paper.

He Nian felt a lot of pressure. After the in-class test, he bent down on the table and closed his eyes to rest. He studied until three o'clock in the morning every night, and it was almost dawn. Now his eyes were so sore.

"Boss Jiang, are the test results out?"

As soon as Jiang Baize came out of the office, he was stopped by several classmates at the door.

The nature of this exam is different. In the F City College Alliance exam, the difficulty of the questions is the closest to that of the college entrance examination, and all schools use the same test paper. The overall ranking will be announced at that time.

"I can come out before the National Day holiday."

Hearing this, there was a wailing in the classroom. If he didn't do well in the exam, he would be in a grave mood throughout the holiday.

Returning to his seat, Jiang Zebai glanced at the person next to him. He Nian tilted his head and buried it in his arms. His white skin made his eyes light green, and his soft hair rested on his eyebrows. The sunshine outside the window was bright, and he was lying on his back. The person's eyelashes trembled.

Jiang Baize calmly placed a book on the windowsill to block the dazzling sunlight, and then turned off the air conditioner behind the classroom.

At this time, He Nian moved, and a thin silver chain emerged from the neck, glowing with luster. The end was submerged in the collar, and the pendant was not visible.

Jiang Baize was stunned for a moment, looked away, and continued to write math test questions.

The results came out on the day of the holiday. He was ranked among the top ten in the city during the New Year exam. The school also gave him a bonus of 5,000 yuan. He held the envelope in his hand and his heart was beating fast.

Take half a day off early and have plenty of time.

Shopping mall in the city center.

After hesitating for a long time, He Nian finally plucked up the courage and walked into a clothing store. His husband had taken him there not long ago.

The salesperson in the store changed a batch. When he saw a student wearing a school uniform, he ignored him. He walked around for the New Year and after careful consideration, decided to buy a tie.

He took the initiative to go to the counter and asked: "Hello, can I see the tie in the cabinet over there?"

The air conditioner was on in the store and the temperature was a bit low. The two salesmen seemed not to hear anything, so He Nian had to repeat it politely.

Among them, the saleswoman with long hair raised her head and glanced at him, saying with disdain:

"The cheapest style costs RMB 4,900. You can only look at it if you are sure to buy it. Otherwise, who will be responsible if it gets stained? These things are very expensive to make."

He Nian touched the card in his pocket. There was some savings in it, plus the bonus from the school, it should be enough. He thought about it and said:

"Then I'll take a look."

The female saleswoman had expected this, and rolled her eyes with the people next to her. Seeing the New Year greetings, she returned to the cabinet in front of her, sneered, and lowered her voice with dissatisfaction: