Chapter 5

UPON ISHANI'S FAMILY DEPARTURE,

Prakash addressed his mother, "Ma, what did you say about Siya's marriage? She has to get married before Shiv? We haven't discussed it before, right?"

Annapoorna looked at Ravi Prakash and said, "What's there to discuss? It's her age to get married, and she has to get married before Shiv. Didn't you listen to Ishaani's parents? Even though they believed it, they kept quiet."

Siya, shocked by her grandmother's words, exclaimed, "paati (dadi) it's not fair to link my marriage with Shiv bhaiyaa's marriage. I have my own goals—I want to complete my studies, pursue my dance, and work for our jewellery business with my designs ,before considering marriage." Annapoorna clarified, "I'm not stopping you from pursuing your dreams. I just mentioned our tradition of marrying daughters before sons. Your marriage will indeed happen first, before Shiv or Dev's."

Frustrated, Siya reiterated, "It's not fair, paati. You can't do this." Turning to Triloknath, she urged him to intervene, saying, "Tatha, (Daddu) at least you tell her." Triloknath sighed and expressed regret, "Unfortunately, your Dadi strictly adheres to our family's strong values and traditions. I'm sorry, bacha."

Annapoorna remained resolute despite attempts by Mohan and Ravi Prakash to reason with her. She finalized her stance, stating, "Ravi, you asked for our opinion, and I'm presenting our traditions. If you don't want to follow them, that's your choice. But today onwards start looking for a groom for Siya if you want to do her marriage in future, My question remains:Why not before Shiv's marriage?"

Ravi tried to explain, "Ma, she's still young and wants to enjoy her life at this age." Annapoorna looked at her younger son, pointing out, "If Ishani, can get married, so can our Siya." Feeling disheartened, Siya left the conversation after listening to her grandmother's firm stance. Shiv felt troubled for his sister, not wanting her to succumb to marriage under such pressure.

Meera and Veena exchanged worried glances, feeling concerned for their children. For Veena, Shiv, Dev, and Siya all the three held the same importance as Krishna. Siya, feeling overwhelmed, went upstairs with tears in her eyes. She grappled with conflicting emotions, not wanting to get married but also not wanting to make Shiv and Ishani wait due to her own hesitation. Confused and torn, she considered her brother and friend's happiness and arrived at a decision.

After wiping away her tears, Siya descended the stairs, only to find her brother, father, uncle, and grandfather attempting to reason with her stubborn grandmother. Despite their efforts, her dadi remained resolute in her stance.

As everyone noticed Siya's presence, Shiv voiced his understanding, agreeing to wait until Siya got married whenever she wished to do so.

However, Siya interrupted, declaring her readiness for marriage. She stipulated that the family and the groom must support her dreams. Siya insisted that Shiv and Ishani should at least be engaged if not married, surprising everyone with her sudden decision.

Though Shiv attempted to reason with her, Siya stood firm, expressing her willingness to accept marriage only if she could pursue her dreams with the support of her family and her prospective groom.

Amidst the joyous atmosphere, except for Shiv and Dev, everyone welcomed Siya's decision. During lunch, Annapoorna announced that in two days, it would be Ravi Prakash and Meera's 30th anniversary. She proposed to announce Shiv and Ishani's engagement after their anniversary.
Everyone expressed happiness and approval upon hearing this suggestion.