Chapter 31

ARJUN'S POV

While the three of us were engaged in conversation, Aditya received a call from Siya. Showing me the call, he answered and put it on speaker. "Hello, Siya," Aditya greeted. Siya responded with a simple "Hi, Aditya," and then proceeded to request a favor.

I encouraged Aditya to respond, and he asked, "Yeah, tell me, Siya." She explained her situation, "Actually, I am in front of your office, and your security stopped me. Can you please tell them to send me in?" Aditya assured her, "Don't worry, Siya. I'll come down." However, Siya interrupted him, insisting, "No, Aditya. I'll come. Just tell someone to send me inside."

After a brief exchange, Aditya informed her that he would send my PA downstairs to pick her up and then disconnected the call.

He called Sheela, my PA, inside and instructed her to pick Siya up in front of the security gate. Sheela nodded and left to carry out the task. Observing Siya downstairs with her scooty, I expressed frustration, saying, "She is not feeling well, and she decided to come to meet me on her bike. Has she gone mad or what?"

Kishore chimed in, "Arjun, you are lucky that Siya is too innocent and soft in nature. I think she came to the office to say sorry to you. Just imagine if Priya or Muskaan were in her place, and either me or Aditya did something similar, they wouldn't talk to us in return for some months, let alone ask for an apology."

Smiling at the thought, I remarked to Aditya and Kishore, "My Siya is different from others." The uniqueness and innocence of Siya set her apart.

Observing the scene from above as they entered, Aditya shared the private elevator password with Siya. Soon, Siya and my PA reached our floor. Siya exited the lift, seemingly ignoring me. She turned back to Sheela, gesturing with a flick of her finger and assertively said, "Leave; your work is done." I was taken aback by Siya's newfound attitude. Glancing at Aditya and Kishore, they both shrugged their shoulders, indicating their own surprise at Siya's unexpected change in demeanor.

My gaze met Siya's, and I noticed she had arrived in her night dress with messy hair. Aditya directed her towards my cabin, and as soon as we entered, Siya surprised everyone by throwing a glass of water on my face, leaving me, Aditya, and Kishore in a state of shock and bewilderment. The unexpected turn of events left the room filled with a charged atmosphere.

"Siya," I called out in shock. She met my gaze with a serious expression and scolded, "What, Siya? You idiotic person in the world. When someone calls you multiple times, don't you know there can be some emergency?" With that, she started hurling items from my table in my direction, and I instinctively tried to dodge them.

Attempting to calm the situation, I said, "Siya Jaan, look at me. Why are you angry?" However, she cut me off sharply, "Shut up, Arjun!" I was now facing the intensity of a tigress. Trying to reason with her, I said, "Siya Jaan," but she shot back, "Don't call me that, you mental fellow! I didn't tell you what is the issue. Why did you have to react this way?" The room was filled with tension as Siya expressed her frustration and I tried to comprehend the sudden turn of events.

For the first time, I found myself scared of someone, and that someone was my soon-to-be wife. Stammering, I apologized, "Sorry, Jaan. I shouldn't have reacted that way." Instead of calming down, Siya intensified, hitting me. I took hold of her hands, pleading, "Jaan, I'm sorry. I promise I won't react like this in my life ever again with you." As I held her, I noticed her body burning with fever.