Chapter 29

SIYA'S POV

As Arjun dropped me off, I bid farewell to him, and as soon as I entered inside, he drove away. I slowly entered the house, expecting everyone to be asleep at this late hour. As I reached my room, I noticed that Dev Bhai was waiting for me. Seeing him there, I asked, "Bhai, you didn't sleep yet? It's quite late."

He replied, "No, laddu. I was waiting for you. I wanted to talk to you." Sensing the seriousness in his voice, I went and sat near him, asking, "What is it, Bhai?" He looked at me and inquired, "Laddu, what's the issue? What happened to you and Arjun? You both seemed tensed. What's the deal with that Alisha?"

I reassured Dev Bhai, saying, "Everything is okay, Bhai. There was a small misunderstanding, and everything is sorted out now, Arjun sorted it."
Dev Bhai looked at me keenly and expressed his concern, "But the matter seemed serious, laddu. The way Arjun reacted when he got to know you went with Alisha alone, he was tensed. What's the deal between Alisha and Arjun?"

He continued, "Laddu, I know it might look like I am interrogating your personal life. It's the issue between Arjun and you. But laddu, when it comes to your problem or your safety, we can't be calm, and you know about it. So please tell me." Dev Bhai's caring nature prompted him to seek clarity and ensure everything was fine.

Having no other way, I looked at Dev Bhai and said, "Bhai, I know till now there are no secrets between us, especially between you, Shiv Bhai, and Krishna Anna. But I want a promise from you. The matter we are going to discuss should be between us. No one should know about it, even Shiv Bhai." Seeking confidentiality, I wanted to ensure the privacy of the conversation.

Dev Bhai looked at me and said, "Laddu, if it's some serious issue, I should tell Shiv." I immediately responded, "No, Bhai, there is nothing serious. Even if there is, Arjun is there to take care of it. I believe him, Bhai." Dev Bhai said, "Fine, I will not discuss this with anyone. It's just between you and me." I looked at him and said, "Bhai, the matter is Alisha and Arjun. They were friends, and eventually, when Alisha proposed to Arjun, he said yes, and they both were in a relationship. But due to some differences, they broke up. However, Alisha's obsession for Arjun has increased day by day. He is just worried that Alisha might create some problem for me or for us, that's all."

Dev Bhai sighed and asked, "Does Arjun still have feelings for Alisha?" I immediately replied, "No, Bhai, he doesn't. I can assure you of that." He nodded and said, "I believe it when you say that Arjun takes care of her. But if she creates any problem for you, then, Laddu, she has to see that not only Arjun, you have your brothers who stand in front of you." I nodded and hugged him. Later, he said, "It's too late; sleep now. I think you have college tomorrow." I nodded in agreement, and he went back to his room.

As soon as Dev Bhai left, I saw the time and thought Arjun might have reached home and messaged him.

Siya: Arjun, did you reach 🏠?

Arjun: Yeah, Jaan, just now freshened up. What are you doing?

Siya: Nothing, I was talking with Dev Bhai. 😤

Arjun: At this hour? Is everything alright?

Siya: Hmm, yeah, he wanted to know what happened in the hospital between you, me, and Alisha 🤦and why you were tensed when you got to know that I went alone with her. 😓