Chapter 43

AUTHOR'S POV

As soon as Arjun stepped inside, Siya closed the door expressing her concern, "Arjun what are you doing here? What if anyone comes?" Arjun reassured her, "No one will come to this side of the wing; it's just you and me." Siya, with confusion, asked, "What do you mean by this side of the wing?"

Arjun smiled and replied, "This side belongs to us only us, and we also have a private elevator directly." Siya nodded, as if beginning to understand the exclusive and private spaces they shared in their new life together.

Siya curiously asked, "Okay but why did you come?" Arjun, looking at Siya, mirrored the question, "Why did you come secretly to my room yesterday?"

Siya met Arjun's gaze and replied, "To thank you for singing for me." Arjun, suppressing a smile, bit his inner cheek and retorted, "Oh, really? Did you just come to say thanks? That's it?"

Arjun, with a teasing tone, again asked siya, "come on tell me wife, Did you really just say thanks, Jaan? You haven't done anything other than saying thanks." Siya catching the double meaning, rolled her eyes and called him "Besharam (shameless person)."

Arjun, laughed at her, hugged her from behind and said, "We are now wife and husband, living under the same roof, in the same wing just beside my room. How can I not come to you?"

Siya said, "Okay, you came and saw me; now, leave. We have to get up early in the morning for pooja." Arjun, observing Siya, asked, "Are you sleepy?" Siya shook her head, indicating no, and added, "I can't sleep easily in new places; it takes time to sleep."

Arjun suggested, "Even I can't sleep. Why don't we sit together and talk?" They settled on the couch in the room. Arjun, eyeing Siya, asked, "Why didn't you wear your night dress? Are you comfortable in the saree?" Siya sighed and replied, "No, I'm not comfortable, but Trisha Anni said I have to wear sarees as a new bride."

Arjun responded, "Okay, but at least before sleeping, you could have changed, right?" Seeing Siya calm, he reassured her, "Jaan, it's your home, Just be free as you would be in your own home. I guarantee my family won't object to your dressing. Even if they do, I'll tell them it's your wish what to wear and what not to wear. Don't do it to please others."

Siya appreciated his understanding but expressed her perspective, "Arjun, I don't do things to please others. I just felt it wouldn't look good, that's it. If I feel uncomfortable, I'll say it directly. You don't have to talk to anyone on my behalf; I won't feel comfortable." Arjun, raising his hands in surrender, said, "Okay, madam, as you wish."

Arjun persisted, But why don't you change? I can clearly tell that you are very uncomfortable right now? Go change.
Siya thought for a moment and cautiously asked, "Are you sure no one comes to this side of the wing, right?" Arjun, looking at Siya, teased, "Jaan, you're having some naughty thoughts."

Siya playfully slapped his hand and retorted, "Shut up! It's just to make sure no one comes suddenly. Arjun chuckled and said, "Jaan, you think too much. Go and change."

Later, Siya changed into her nightwear and emerged feeling comfortable. She settled on the couch, resting her head on Arjun's chest, while he protectively hugged her from behind. As they settled into their embrace, Siya expressed, "I feel very comfortable now." Arjun smiled and responded, "Didn't I say?"

" Arjun smiled and responded, "Didn't I say?"