Chapter 62

The next morning, Arjun and Siya arose early, engaging in their work silently without exchanging words. They descended the stairs and joined the family for breakfast. Despite the usual jovial atmosphere filled with jokes, today both Arjun and Siya refrained from participating. Aditya noticed the shift but chose to remain silent.

As everyone headed to the office, the car ride that was typically filled with talks and laughter between Arjun and Siya turned into a pin-drop silence. No one attempted to break the quietude, and an unusual tension lingered in the air. The absence of their usual banter painted a stark contrast to the routine, leaving an unspoken tension between the couple.

Upon reaching the office, Siya entered her cabin and requested Laila, "Can I have a strong cup of coffee, please?" Laila, surprised by the unusual request, remarked, "Mam, you never drink coffee in the morning, let alone a strong one." Siya sighed, "Yeah, I didn't have proper sleep and my head is pounding like hell."

Laila nodded and went to fetch a cup of coffee. Siya's latest design had become a hit in the market, leading to a surge in orders for her unique collections. As she worked on sketching, Laila brought the coffee. Siya expressed her gratitude and Laila informed her about a charity event she had to attend the next evening.

Siya tried to focus on her designs but found it challenging to concentrate. She peeped into Arjun's cabin, seeing him engrossed in his work. She pondered, "Does it even matter to him if i don't talk? How can he work like this?" Deciding to seek advice, Siya thought of calling Ishu and Poorna to understand how they handled conflicts in their relationships.

As they answered the call, Ishu, Poorna and Siya greeted each other.

Siya: Hey, what are you guys up to?

Ishu: Yaar, my mom is driving me crazy daily—learn this, learn that, do this, do that.

Poorna smiled and said, "Just tell aunty there's no need to impress your would be in-laws or would be husband; because everyone is already impressed by you and Shiv is head over heels for you"

Ishu blushed and Siya smiled and turned to Poorna, "What about your job search?"

Poorna: I'm still searching, yaar.

Siya: Think about it again, Poorna. I still have an offer. Why don't you come? In fact, Ishu even you too. We three can work together.

Ishu & Poorna: We will think about it and let you know Siya.

Siya, smiling said "That's like my girls."

Ishu chimed in, "Acha, why this sudden call during your working hours?"

Siya looked at them and explained her fight with Arjun. "Now Arjun is not talking to me."

Isha: So, why don't you talk to him? Once you do he will start talking to you immediately.

Siya: I'm not going to talk. Did I say something wrong? He was harsh on Atharva, but he replied saying it's none of my concern and that I shouldn't lecture him about how he should behave professionally.

Poorna said, "Why are you getting hyper, Siya? This is not like you."

Siya: I don't know. I feel like breaking something.