Chapter 10

AT SHARMA HOUSE

MEERA SHARMA

Our Sharma house resonates with overwhelming joy as the Malhotra family joins us in celebrating this momentous occasion. My children surprised me with an incredibly thoughtful gift, marking our anniversary with a stunning and unexpected surprise that fulfills my long-cherished dreams.

In the midst of this blissful celebration, Prakash approached me, enveloping me in a warm hug, offering his unwavering support and understanding amidst my emotional turmoil. Ravi Prakash, or simply Prakash as I fondly call him, has been my rock throughout the years, a constant pillar of strength, providing solace whenever I find myself reminiscing about my parents. His support has been unwavering, a true source of comfort and resilience for me. He's always expressed the desire to reach out to my parents, yet I've hesitated, fearing any potential disrespect directed at him. Today, I am immensely grateful to my children for this moment of joy.

Ishaani has brought immense happiness into our lives. I am delighted to have her as my daughter-in-law, a perfect match for my dear Shiv. My heartfelt prayers go out to the heavens, wishing for the same happiness to bless my other two children. In particular, Siya, my beloved 'laddu,' deserves the utmost happiness in life, and my heart is filled with hope for her joyous journey ahead."

"Laddu holds a special place in our hearts; she's innocent and cherished by every member of our family and extended family. Prakash's brother's family and his sister's family all adore her, treating her as their own daughter. As the sole daughter in our family, she's adored and loved dearly by all her cousins. Laddu looks strong and all but we all know she is so week and forgive people who even try to harm her.

SIYA'S POV

After lunch, Aditya and Arjun had to rush back to the office to attend some crucial meetings. They assured everyone that they would make it a point to return early for the evening's party. Shiv and Dev Bhai hurriedly rushed to the hospital due to an urgent emergency that required their immediate attention.

Later, Trisha Anni(babhi) with our little Dhruv 3years son of trisha Anni and Krishna anna arrived home accompanied by Peri Amma(badi ma) and Peri appa( bade papa) as they went out for some shopping. Meanwhile, Krishna Anna also headed to the hospital, joining Shiv and Dev Bhai in response to the situation there.

Amma introduced Trisha Anni,dhruv, Peri Amma, Periya Appa, and told Krishna Anna who was at hospital due to an emergency situation to the Malhotra family. Upon discovering that Krishna Anna is also a doctor, there was some light-hearted banter within the group. Jokingly, they remarked that it seemed more like a "doctors' family" rather than the Sharma family due to the abundance of medical professionals among us.

Dhruv steeled the show for the entire afternoon entertaining us with his naughty antics and his best time is fight with me.

As the Malhotra family learned that Trisha Anni was the daughter of my aunt (father's sister), Vasundhara Aunty raised a question, wondering about the possibility of cousins marrying.

In response, pati(dadi) explained that in our culture, it's acceptable for marriages to occur between a sister's son or daughter and an uncle's son or daughter. She elaborated that it's a widely practiced custom in our tradition. Bamma further disclosed that even she and her husband shared a similar familial relationship, emphasizing the cultural acceptance of such unions within our community.