Chapter 16

ARJUN'S POV

"I am sorry, Siya," I said aloud, observing the shocked expression on her face. I dragged my chair closer to her and began explaining, "I know I behaved like an a*****e yesterday, but that wasn't my true self. I had my reasons for acting that way, reasons that I can't explain to you right now."

She looked at me with a mix of confusion and hurt, replying, "You insulted me in the worst way possible, and now you're telling me you have reasons you can't share with me? What are you talking about, Arjun?"

"I know, I know siya. I've made a grave mistake, Siya, but I am truly sorry. I can't disclose my reasons right now. There will be a day when I'll have to explain my behavior on that day, and I promise I'll share everything with you," I replied earnestly.

Attempting to lift her spirits, I suggested, "Okay, let me do something to cheer you up. Let me rectify my mistakes. I'll take you shopping and out for lunch. We can head home after lunch." Siya looked at me, puzzled, perhaps surprised by the sudden offer.

SIYA'S POV

Arjun called out to me, "Please, Siya. Yesterday, I couldn't sleep a wink knowing you were distressed, especially because of me. Let me make amends. I'll be a gentleman, I promise."

I looked at him and replied, "It's okay, Arjun. I truly accept your apology, but there's no need for shopping and lunch. I have a lot of work downstairs for the evening. Please don't take it the wrong way." With that, I exited the room.

Outside, I encountered Trisha Anni, who was about to knock on the door. She asked if I was ready, mentioning she had come for me. As she turned, she noticed Arjun in my room. I followed her gaze and quickly explained, "Anni, Arjun just wanted to use the washroom. I told him to use mine, and I'm on my way downstairs." Trisha Anni seemed somewhat skeptical, giving me an unsure look. I reassured her, saying, "It's true, Anni." Then, turning to Arjun, I requested, "Arjun, after using the washroom, please close my door on your way down." He nodded in agreement.

Hurriedly, I made my way downstairs, pondering, "What happened to him? He apologized and then suggested lunch and shopping. Is he going mad or something?"

Spotting Ananya, I embraced her. Ananya remarked, "Finally, you grace us with your presence. I was getting bored, Siya.

Feeling apologetic, I responded, "I'm very sorry. Come, let's go see the preparations. Suddenly, Aditya inquired about Arjun, wondering where he had disappeared to for the past hour. Without thinking, I blurted out, "He's in my room," immediately regretting my indiscretion.

Aditya, Ananya, Shiv Bhai, Dev Bhai, Krishna Anna, and Gautam turned their attention to me simultaneously. Feeling their collective gaze, I asked, "What happened? Why are you all looking at me like that?" Explaining further, I clarified, "When I was on my way downstairs, Arjun was on a phone call on the terrace. After that, he asked for the washroom, so I told him to use mine. That's all."

I don't know if they believed my explanation or not, but Ananya was giving me a curious look. She then asked me, "Siya, can you fetch me some water?" We both went aside, and Ananya queried, "What exactly happened, Siya?" I glanced at her and replied, "I told you what happened." Ananya smiled and remarked, "I know my brother very well, Siya. Come on, spill it out."

Exhaling deeply, I confessed, "Arjun apologized to me." Ananya's reaction was immediate, "Arjun Bhai did what?" I quickly looked around and urged her to keep it low. "Shh... Ananya, he apologized to me," I whispered. She couldn't believe it and repeated in shock, "Arjun Bhai really apologized to you?" I nodded in confirmation, adding, "He even mentioned taking me shopping and for lunch."