Chapter 22

ARJUN'S POV

Siya looked at me and asked, "What is it that you wanted to talk to me, Arjun?" I looked at Siya and asked, "Are you not happy with our marriage, Siya?" She looked at me with shock and said, "No, Arjun. Why do you think like that?" I looked at her and asked, "You were not happy when they announced our marriage date, so I just wanted to ask you." Siya looked at me and said, "Oh, that? I was upset that the marriage date was fixed so early; they didn't give us time." I looked at her with confusion and asked, "I didn't understand, Siya." She said, "Arjun, don't laugh at me if I say." I replied, "Why would I laugh at you, Siya?" She said, "Actually, I have never been in relationships before, so I have this fantasy that I have to roam around  before getting married.

I suggested, "If it's your wish, we can wait for 5 months. I don't want to wait, but I can't see you dull." She smiled and said, "No, I am okay now. What if it doesn't happen before marriage? It can happen after marriage, right?" I smiled at her and said, "Absolutely right now, don't be dull, please. I want to see your smile."

Later, I embraced her and said, "I am very happy Siya. In 20 days, you will be with me, We will be together. I called Siya and she answered with a soft "hmm," burying her head in my chest. I kept my finger under her chin and lifted her face. She slowly looked at me. I kissed her on her forehead and said, "Let's go down. Everyone will be waiting for us. Come." Saying that, we both went downstairs.

As soon as we went down, Krishna fed us sweets, and I asked him the reason behind it. He said, "We are going to announce your engagement day after tomorrow." I looked at my grandfather and asked him, "Isn't it a close-knit ceremony?" He replied, "Of course, it's a close-knit ceremony, but we have to announce your marriage, right?" I looked at everyone and said, "Yeah, we have to announce, but don't reveal Siya's photo.

Let everyone see her at the reception  but not now not this early it's not safe." My grandfather asked, "Why is that, Arjun? And how can you announce it without revealing Siya's face?" I said, "Dadu, think, If the paparazzi knows about her, there will be a lot of reporters here in front of their house, in front of their shop. No one can step out,they will be following siya everywhere, it will be nucience. It's new to them, let's not drag them until marriage is completed.

Though we provide security, it's difficult to guard them specially siya and I don't believe any security around her except me." My father asked, "How do you plan to disclose it, Arjun?" I replied, we will definitely announce to everyone, but not with Siya's face."

So, Meera aunty announced, "So, day after tomorrow, everyone clear your appointments." Later, we all had our dinner and left from there. Before leaving, I heard Ma saying, "Meera, we have to bring a dress for Siya for the engagement." Meera replied, "Yeah, babhi, I know. Don't worry; Siya will like your selection."We bid goodbye to everyone.

SIYA'S POV

As soon as everyone left, I came to my room, changed my dress, and wore my comfy nightdress. My phone pinged with a message. I checked it, and it was from Arjun. I opened the message, and he asked, "Slept?" I replied, saying, "No, not yet. Why?" I immediately got a video call from Arjun, who was in his room. It was the first time I saw his room, glimpses of it at least. We talked about random things, and as Arjun saw me yawning, he said, "Siya, it's late. Let's talk tomorrow. Sleep well." We both said good night, and I went to sleep as soon as I disconnected the call.

Next day morning, I got up as usual, got ready, and came downstairs. Amma asked me, "Laddu, are you going to college today?" I replied, "Yeah, amma. I'll come for half day. I have to submit assignments today morning. Anyhow, I won't go tomorrow, so I have to go today."