Chapter 54

AUHTOR'S POV

Arjun reached home late at night, and upon entering his room, he found Siya sleeping with tear-dried marks on her face. He cursed himself realizing the impact of his actions on her. Understanding that Siya hadn't eaten anything since morning, he decided to rectify his mistake.

He called his mother and said, "Ma, we are having dinner in our room. Please send it to our room." Vasundhara concerned about Siya's headache inquired about her well-being. Arjun looking at Siya's sleeping form assured his mother, "Her headache is fine. Just a little rest, some food, and she'll be fine by tomorrow morning."

He disconnected the call, focusing on taking care of Siya.
 He went near Siya and tried to wake her up. Siya "Jaan get up" have something and sleep." Siya stirred eyelids fluttering but she didn't fully awaken. Arjun persisted gently shaking her shoulders. "jaan, please," he murmured "Wake up sweetheart."

Her eyes opened slowly adjusting to the light. Arjun's face came into focus, concern etched across his features. Siya's heart clenched—a surge of mixed emotions flooding her. She looked away trying to hide the tears that threatened to spill. Arjun saw the hurt and anger in her eyes.

Arjun sat near Siya his eyes filled with a mix of concern and regret. "Get up, Jaan," he said softly, "See dinner is here I'll feed you." Siya didn't move she lay on the bed her eyes staring blankly at the ceiling. Arjun sighed his heart heavy with guilt.

"Aacha, I'm sorry," he said, his voice barely above a whisper. I shouldn't have behaved with you like that this afternoon. I was angry and that's why I didn't talk to you.

At his words Siya immediately sat up. Tears rolled down her face as she looked at him her eyes filled with confusion and hurt.

"What is it that you're angry about?" she asked, her voice trembling. What have I done? You could have talked to me before punishing me with your distance.

Arjun looked at Siya, his heart aching at the sight of her tears. "Fine, we will talk," he said, trying to keep his voice steady. But before that wash your face and change your dress. Go get freshened up and come, let me feed you dinner. Siya slowly got up and went to freshen up. She changed into her night dress and sat near Arjun.

He started feeding her slowly, his eyes never leaving her face. "I can't eat," Siya said after a while, her voice barely audible. I want to know the reason behind your anger on me now. Arjun looked at her and said "Have dinner first" his voice filled with concern. You haven't eaten anything since morning. At least have dinner. Siya looked at Arjun, her eyes filled with determination. Did you eat? No, right? So we will eat together. But before that I want to know what I have done that made you show your anger on me without talking to me ignoring me.

Arjun sighed, running a hand through his hair. Jaan you remember before our marriage, I told you that no matter whatever is the problem, it can be big, small, or silly you should always share with me, right?" Siya nodded in agreement, her eyes never leaving his face. Arjun looked at her, his gaze intense. "So, did you do exactly what I told you?" Siya sat in silence, her eyes downcast.

 Arjun continued, "I got to know about Nalini's behavior towards you at the college canteen. Yesterday night, I asked you many times, but you said everything was good. Is this not a lie?"  You know I hate lies Siya, Arjun said his voice stern. Siya immediately retorted, "I didn't lie to you, Arjun." Hiding the truth is also a lie Siya, Arjun replied his gaze unwavering.