Chapter 23

SIYA'S POV

As soon as we reached home, I saw preparations going on in full swing for tomorrow's engagement. Amma looked at me and Poorna, noticing the stains on our dresses. She inquired, "What's that on your dresses?"

I replied, "Amma, it's bird poop. We will just go clean and come."

Saying that, the three of us went upstairs to my room. I changed my dress and offered one of my dresses to Siya. Physically, I was okay, but somewhere Ishu's mother's talk was bothering me. I strongly desired to give her answers, but when I looked at Ishu, I restrained myself, thinking about Ishu I didn't want to make her feel guilty, "Forget about her, Siya. If she behaves like that to me directly again, then I will answer her I thought to myself."

Later, we went to the spa.

Upon reaching the spa, a fleeting sensation of being followed nagged at me again. Despite looking around, there was no one there. Shaking off the uneasy feeling, I decided to dismiss it as a passing paranoia and proceeded with my visit to the spa.

At the spa, me, Poorna, and Ishaani spent some quality time together, i tried to forget the unpleasant incident. We three discussed the upcoming engagement, shared our excitement, and got pampered at the parlour.

Ishaani's mother's words still lingered in the corner of my mind, but I tried to focus on the joyous occasion ahead. We three friends returned home in high spirits, ready to face the celebrations of my engagement the next day.

ARJUN'S POV

Arjun, do you think Siya will like it? You've rejected every single dress we've picked for her, and now this one?" My mother remarked. Ananya chimed in, "Yes, Bhai, Badi Ma is right. This color is too dark; it'll be gaudy on her."

Ignoring their opinions, I confidently stated, "It's not gaudy. This color will suit Siya perfectly." Choti Ma intervened, "If he insists on Siya wearing this dress, then let him choose, didi."

Ananya persisted, "Bhai, I'll keep a spare dress just in case Siya doesn't like the you have made designed for her or if it looks too gaudy. I'll change her dress." I retorted, "Anu, you won't get that chance. This dress and color will be perfect on Siya. Just wait and see."

Aditya, who was silently listening to the conversation, smirked and remarked, "Badi Ma, the person who wasn't ready to get married is now selecting dresses for Siya. What a change." In response, I playfully tapped on his head and said, "Shut up, Aditya." Laughter erupted in the family at this exchange.

Dadi, joining in, asked, "Did you tell the designer about your dress?" I replied, "Yeah, Dadi, it should be here any moment. She's on her way."

Meanwhile, the designer arrived with my dress for tomorrow. After dinner, we all went to sleep, anticipating the visit to the Sharma house the next day.

The next morning, I followed my usual routine and got ready in kurta as per my mom instructions. Curious about the timing, I called Kishore to inquire when they would reach the Sharma house. He assured me they would be on time. As I looked outside, I noticed the servants had already loaded the items we needed to take to Siya's house into the car.

Shortly after, we all set off for the Sharma house. Eager to catch a glimpse of Siya, I couldn't help but wonder how she would look today.