Chapter 67

The next day, Siya and Arjun prepared themselves for the day ahead. Just then there was a knock on their door. Siya went to open it and found Kishore, Priya, Aditya and Muskaan standing outside.

"Where's our soon-to-be dad?" Kishore asked eagerly as Siya opened the door.
Arjun emerged from the bedroom and greeted them with a smile "I'm here," he said.

Kishore and Aditya immediately hugged him congratulating him, Priya stepped forward and hugged Arjun warmly "I'm very happy for you Arjun," she said happily.

Muskaan approached offering her wishes "Congratulations bhai," she said with a smile. "Thank you Muskaan," Arjun replied gratefully touched by their warm wishes.

They all gathered in the living room where Priya said, "Siya here's breakfast for you both."

"Thank you so much Didi," Siya said gratefully "I was just telling Arjun that I was hungry. "Arjun smiled and said, "Give it to me, I'll arrange it on plates."

As Arjun headed to the kitchen, Aditya whispered to Siya, "Did you tell him?"Siya shook her head "No I haven't, I didn't want to ruin our day that's why I didn't say anything to him yet."

Aditya and Kishore exchanged concerned glances "We have to tell him before we leave for the Malhotra mansion," Aditya whispered back.

Siya nodded in agreement "But I'm confused," she admitted "We haven't announced the news about the baby to our families yet. With this news coming out, I don't know how Arjun's mood is going to be. I'm confused about what to do first."

The room fell into a thoughtful silence as they pondered their next steps aware of the delicate situation they found themselves in.

"What's your decision, Siya?" Aditya asked, his tone gentle yet firm.

Siya pondered for a moment, feeling the weight of her choice. Finally, she released a breath and nodded "Okay, let's do it.  Let's tell him, If he's not in the mood we can postpone telling the family for a few more days," she resolved her voice steady despite her nerves.

Priya and Muskaan exchanged concerned glances "Are you sure?" Priya asked softly, her eyes full of concern.

"I have no other choice Didi we have to tell him and I probably can't discuss it in front of my parents so it's okay i can manage," Siya assured them with a faint smile masking her inner turmoil.

Aditya nodded in agreement "Fine, we'll tell him just don't stress yourself," he advised Siya offering her a reassuring smile.

Meanwhile, Arjun returned to the room breaking the tense silence that had settled in his absence. He noticed the sudden change in the atmosphere and the hushed whispers that ceased upon his arrival.

Handing Siya her plate Arjun furrowed his brows in confusion "Okay, let's discuss elephant in the room Aditya what's going on ? You all are behaving pretty weird," he remarked sensing the tension in the room.

Everyone exchanged determined looks, Aditya took a deep breath before addressing the issue.

Siya, feeling the weight of the impending revelation placed her plate on the tea table her appetite was long  gone. She reached out and took Arjun's hand in hers giving him support and strength, he needed. Arjun glanced at her concern evident in his eyes.