Chapter 14

ARJUN'S POV

Following Siya's departure, Aditya's demeanor shifted abruptly. He directed his attention, turning his gaze toward me, Aditya's tone grew confrontational and intense. He challenged me, "If you don't have any intention to marry her and if you're brave enough, speak up in front of our family it's your mistake. Why did you insult her?" His words were delivered with force, and it was the first time I had experienced Aditya shouting at me.

To my surprise, it became evident that everyone present was in support of Aditya's stance, further amplifying the weight of his admonition.

Kishore intervened, highlighting my behavior, asking, "Why were you shouting at her when she doesn't even know about this proposal?" Priya chimed in, defending Siya's character by stating, "She is a nice girl, Arjun. I felt really bad for her; the way you spoke to her was so insensitive."

Aditya joined in, questioning the necessity of showcasing status differences, stating, "What's the reason behind displaying such a status difference? Is it really necessary?"

Ananya, who had been listening calmly to everyone, directed her attention towards me and questioned, "Arjun Bhai, did you take us to that store because you were aware that she couldn't afford anything there? Were you trying to highlight the status difference? Setting that aside, the way you spoke to her was very wrong. Imagine if any guy who barely knows me talks to me like that.

So, considering the way you behaved with her, when her brothers, who are much more possessive about her, get to know about it, what should they do to you?"

I looked at everyone present and expressed my thoughts, acknowledging the possibility that they might misunderstand me. "I know this might come across poorly, but I actually want her to reject the proposal when her parents talk to her," I admitted.

Aditya immediately responded, "But Arjun, that's not an acceptable way to behave. If Dadaji or any family member gets wind of this incident, just imagine how upset they will feel." His comment highlighted the potential repercussions of my actions, especially in terms of the impact on our family and its values.

That night, I found it hard to sleep. Siya's tearful face and saddened expression kept replaying in my mind. I didn't intend to treat her like that, but I felt trapped with no other option.

Aditya came to my side wing, i opened my door for him, Aditya said Arjun even you hated yourself the way you treated siya then why are you doing this, I looked at Aditya and said I can't Aditya that promise had been burden on me now, Aditya said exactly there is no more love to that promise just burden forget about that and procced to your future brother, I want my past Arjun only siya can do that.

SIYA'S POV

Gautam had been asking me about why I seemed so down during the entire ride home, but I brushed it off, saying I was just tired. He didn't press for further details, dropping me off near my house before leaving. Upon entering, I found my father sitting on the sofa, engrossed in a book.

Approaching him, I asked, "Appa, you haven't slept?" He looked up and replied warmly, "Laddu, I was waiting for you. Hope you had a good time today." I settled myself on the sofa and rested my head on his lap, seeking comfort. He gently stroked my head and inquired, "Is everything okay, Laddu?" I simply nodded, unable to voice my feelings.