Chapter 39

AUTHOR'S POV

The next morning, Meera instructed Arjun and Siya to freshen up without bathing and then come downstairs for the Mangala Snanam ritual, she also told Arjun to come in yellow dhoti kurta and siya in yellow saree.

Mangala Snanam is a pre wedding ritual, takes place both before and on the day of the wedding, it is a significant pre-wedding ceremony. The ritual involves applying oil on the hair, hands, and legs for both the bride and groom.

Married women from their respective families then applied turmeric, Kumkum, and sandalwood on bride and groom, symbolizing purification and sanctification. This ritual is a sacred tradition meant to purify the body and soul, preparing them for the auspicious day ahead.

Finally, they are bathed in holy water, marking the culmination of the Mangala Snanam ceremony and infusing the occasion with spiritual significance as they approach the much-anticipated wedding day.

While descending the stairs, Siya excitedly showed Arjun her intricate mehndi designs. Arjun, captivated by the artistry, gently took her hands and planted a sweet kiss on her palm. The tender moment between them added a touch of romance to the joyous occasion.

United, they continued down the stairs, ready to embrace the forthcoming ceremonies and celebrations that would mark the culmination of their journey towards marriage. The shared moments and gestures deepened the connection between Arjun and Siya, making the pre-wedding rituals even more special.

 The shared moments and gestures deepened the connection between Arjun and Siya, making the pre-wedding rituals even more special

After the Mangala Snanam ritual, Arjun and Siya proceeded to their respective rooms to get ready for the upcoming ceremonies. Once ready, they came down to continue the wedding rituals.

The priest announced the performance of certain samskaras, Arjun accompanied by his parents, sat for the pooja. A sacred thread was tied around Arjun's wrist as part of the ritual to protect him from evil spirits or evil eye. The priest blessed him, and afterward, Siya, along with her parents, also participated in the pooja. The priest tied a sacred thread around Siya's wrist, offering blessings and protection.

Following this sacred thread ceremony, it was declared that the bride and groom were not allowed to go out until the wedding. The rituals continued to unfold, weaving a tapestry of traditions and blessings around Arjun and Siya as they approached the auspicious moment of their union.

As the evening unfolded, the air buzzed with excitement as the Sangeet preparations were in full swing. The stage was adorned and set for the lively Sangeet ceremony. The anticipation grew as everyone gathered, eagerly waiting for Arjun and Siya to make their entrance.

Arjun and Siya, dressed in matching pastel orange outfits, descended the stairs together. Their attire exuded elegance, and the couple looked stunning as they stepped into the Sangeet celebrations. The vibrant atmosphere and the enchanting presence of the soon-to-be-wedded couple added to the festive spirit, setting the stage for a night filled with music, dance, and joyous celebration.