Chapter 9

At Malhotra Mansion

SIYA'S POV

After I hung up the phone, the room erupted with laughter. Alok grandpa chuckled and remarked, "Meera's fiery spirit hasn't dimmed a bit. I wonder how Ravi Prakash manages all her mood swings." The whole Malhotra family seemed overjoyed to witness Amma's liveliness, especially grandpa, who was ecstatic to hear his daughter's voice again after so many years.

Shiv bhaiya mentioned it was getting late, signaling that we needed to leave. Grandma urged us to stay a bit longer for some quality time together, but Bhai responded, promising to visit again next time since they had evening appointments. He explained that he took a half-day off and requested a leave.

As emotions welled up, everyone bid us farewell. Before parting, I informed them that Amma and Appa planned to visit the temple in the morning, asking them to come a little earlier to surprise them at home. We exchanged numbers with everyone to coordinate the surprise plan for the next morning.

At Malhotra Mansion

ARJUN'S POV

As soon as Shiv, Dev, and Siya departed, a wave of happiness swept through the family, leaving everyone visibly pleased and impressed by the siblings. Daddu was particularly elated and decided he wanted to gift something special for his daughter's anniversary. He was so thrilled that he insisted everyone refrain from going to the office and cancel all the meetings scheduled for the next day.

Aditya and I couldn't help but share a laugh as we observed Dadaji's childlike excitement at the prospect of seeing his daughter and celebrating her anniversary.

AT SHARMA HOUSE

SIYA'S POV

Bhai dropped me off at home and headed back to the hospital. Bursting with excitement, I couldn't wait to share the news with Ishaani, so I invited her over for the morning, which she agreed to. Full of anticipation, I hurried to my grandparents' room to share our successful plan. "Tatha, pati, our plan worked!" I exclaimed.

Unexpectedly, Amma and Appa entered the room, and Amma inquired about our conversation, asking what successful plan we were discussing. Feeling a sudden wave of fear, I hesitated, unsure of how to respond. Amma, growing impatient, came closer, demanding answers. Overwhelmed by the pressure, I couldn't contain my emotions and began to cry, blurting out, "You always scold me for no reason! I was just talking about tomorrow's party, that's all."

Feeling upset and overwhelmed, I excused myself, retreating to my room to avoid further questions from my parents.

I hurried to my room and closed the door behind me, seeking solace in the privacy it offered. Soon after, I heard Appa knocking on my door, calling out to me.

Taking a moment to gather myself, I finally opened the door. Appa entered with a gentle expression and, acknowledging my apprehension, said, "Laddu, you know your mother, don't you? Never mind." His attempt to lighten the mood brought a faint smile to my face, appreciating his understanding.

Sensing my unease, Appa suggested, "Let's go and have some ice cream." I nodded in agreement. Leaving the unease behind, we quietly slipped out without informing my mother. There was an unspoken understanding between Appa and me to have this moment alone.