12

Hi, you.

I know the world around you feels too difficult to deal with. Impossible even. I’ve been in your shoes. Dragging my feet through the days, just trying to survive. Molasses pull me down by my ankles every time I feel I’ve got the upper hand. But, it gets easier. Ironic, I know, but the harsh neverending nights turn into bright, shining days where hope thrives in the warm rays. You break, of course. More times than you could possibly count. In ways you'd never even think of. Couldn’t even dream of. But, you rebuild. Building yourself up. Taller and taller. Until your eyes can finally peak through the trees. You cry. And cry. And cry. Oceans falling from your tear ducts. Drowning the rich soil underneath your feet. But, you don't cry forever. Your swamps dry up, leaving beautiful bowls of thriving life behind. Your branches growing towards the sky. Your fruit growing in every direction. You screamed towards the sky. Your throat rubbed raw. Red and swollen. Your anger harmonized with the relentless lightning lighting the static filled air. But, you laugh. Your joy rings through the sky, reflecting off the crystal clear glass finished waters. You play. Running through creeks, climbing the trees, crawling through the leaves. You learn. How to love, how to live. You grow. Taller than your past. Taller than the doubts that hide you from the sun.