CHAPTER-2

In the lavish mansion of Mr. Kapoor, an extravagant cocktail party was taking place to celebrate the union of the Kapoor and Rathore families. The event attracted a crowd of influential guests who were eager to witness the wedding of Mr. Ranvijay Rathore and Miss Ishika Kapoor.

 Ranvijay Rathore and Miss Ishika Kapoor

Mr. Avinash Rathore, Ranvijay's father, and his wife, Mrs. Avantika Rathore, warmly welcomed all the guests, exuding an air of hospitality and grace. Meanwhile, Ranvijay's stepbrother, Karan, and stepsister, Tina, seemed to be enjoying themselves, sipping on drinks and engaging in hushed conversations about Ranvijay. Despite their outwardly cheerful appearances, their smiles appeared forced, hiding their true feelings about their elder brother's wedding.

Karan couldn't help but cast glances at the women attending the party.

As the announcement resonated through the halls, welcoming the evening's featured couple, Ranvijay made his grand entrance alongside Ishika. Both were impeccably dressed, emanating charm and politeness, yet behind the facade, Ranvijay harbored a growing sense of frustration towards the ongoing wedding festivities.

 Both were impeccably dressed, emanating charm and politeness, yet behind the facade, Ranvijay harbored a growing sense of frustration towards the ongoing wedding festivities

Despite the outward glamour and apparent happiness, Ranvijay felt suffocated by the event. The constant flow of congratulatory wishes, the elaborate decorations, and the cheerful atmosphere felt more like a façade than a genuine celebration. As the evening progressed, the weight of the event bore down on Ranvijay, causing him to question the authenticity of it all, despite the picture-perfect surface.

The pressure to uphold appearances and play the role of the content groom weighed heavily on Ranvijay's shoulders, contrasting sharply with his internal discomfort. The festive ambiance, coupled with the high-society pretense, only intensified his growing irritation.

Although the surroundings were full of celebration, Ranvijay experienced a sense of isolation and distress. Despite the glamorous setting and the jubilant crowd, Ranvijay felt like an outsider amidst the grand affair, his genuine emotions buried beneath the elaborate spectacle of the union.

Mr. Avinash Rathore and Mr. Suraj Kapoor, Ishika's father, took the stage, expressing gratitude for everyone's presence and officially announcing the union of the two families. The party kicked off with elegant music, and Ranvijay and Ishika opened the dance floor with a graceful dance. Other couples joined in, and the party was in full swing.

While attending a party, Ranvijay took a break and went to the bar for a drink. As he looked around at the affluent guests, he wondered if their wealth and power truly made them happy.

Suddenly, the music halted, capturing everyone's attention. A spotlight illuminated a girl dressed in an elegant black dress on stage with a guitar in her hand and singing a heartfelt birthday song for Mr. Rajendra Kapoor, Ishika's grandfather.

 Ranvijay recognized her as the lawyer he had met in Shimla the previous day during a hotel inauguration event

Ranvijay recognized her as the lawyer he had met in Shimla the previous day during a hotel inauguration event. The girl, identified as Ruhanika, moved from the stage to Mr. Rajendra Kapoor's side, affectionately wishing him a happy birthday. Touched, Mr. Rajendra affectionately referred to her as "meri ruhi," expressing his certainty that she would never forget his birthday.

Ruhanika, Mr. Rajendra's younger granddaughter, brought forth a cake, and together with family members, they celebrated his birthday.

Mr. Kapoor introduced Ruhanika, who is the only child of his younger brother, and they shared a beautiful moment dancing together. Ranvijay observed them and smiled at their heartwarming relationship. Later on, as the party was coming to an end, everyone went to their respective rooms.

The next morning at breakfast, Mr. Rajendra sat at the head of the table. Ruhanika, who had just come in from the kitchen, served her grandfather and wished him a happy birthday again, giving him a warm hug. There was an incident where a servant spilled juice on Tina, and she got angry and started to shout, but Ruhanika intervened, urging respect and calming the situation.

Ranvijay supported Ruhanika's stance, and even though Tina stormed off, breakfast resumed. Afterward, Ranvijay approached Ruhanika, impressed by her confidence during the previous event. She apologized for disrupting his event, but Ranvijay dismissed it, feeling something stir within him as she walked away.

The day unfolded with moments of tension and warmth, revealing the dynamics within the Kapoor and Rathore families, as well as a budding connection between Ranvijay and Ruhanika.