CHAPTER-10

ALICE'S POV

Lucas had already left for work, and I was left alone at home, feeling nervous about the pregnancy test results. I had set an alarm for 10 minutes to remind me to check the test. Deep down, I hoped that it would be negative, but part of me feared the possibility of it being positive.

When the alarm went off, I hesitantly checked the test. My heart sank as I saw that one test showed negative, but two showed positive. I couldn't believe it. Shocked and unsure of what to do next, I knew I had to confirm the results.

Without wasting any time, I called the city hospital and managed to book an appointment with a gynecologist. Racing against time, I grabbed my keys and rushed to the hospital in my car, deciding not to take a driver with me.

Arriving at the city hospital, I hurried towards the reception area, my mind swirling with worry and uncertainty. I approached the receptionist and explained that I had an appointment. She informed me that I would have to wait for 10 minutes before being seen by the doctor.

As I sat in the lounge area, waiting anxiously, my mind raced with thoughts of what would happen if the test came back positive. 

Lost in my thoughts, I was startled when the receptionist called my name, indicating that it was my turn for the appointment. Gathering my nerves, I followed her directions and made my way to the doctor's cabin.

Inside, I was greeted by a friendly doctor who listened attentively as I explained my symptoms. I told her about the vomiting, the constant fatigue, and my aversion to certain smells. She nodded sympathetically, understanding the gravity of the situation.

Without wasting any time, the doctor conducted a thorough examination, checking my vitals and asking me detailed questions about my medical history.

 She then suggested performing an ultrasound to get a clearer picture of what was going on.

As I lay on the examination table, the doctor gently applied gel to my abdomen before using the ultrasound machine to scan for any signs of pregnancy. 

My heart raced as I waited anxiously for the results, hoping against hope that it would all turn out to be a misunderstanding.

After what felt like an eternity, the doctor finally spoke, her voice calm and reassuring. She confirmed what I had feared – I was indeed pregnant. 

My heart sank as the reality of the situation hit me like a ton of bricks.

I sit there, stunned by the news. Tears well up in my eyes as I realize the gravity of the situation.

How would I break the news to Lucas? Our relationship was already complicated, and the idea of adding a baby into the mix only made things more uncertain.

Already, I am Lucas's stepdaughter, and he is my stepfather. We've been living a lie, pretending to be husband and wife because of his memory loss. That night, that mistake—it's all wrong, but why does it feel like the best feeling I've ever had?

I can't deny the truth, though. Despite the confusion and guilt, the time I've spent with Lucas has been nothing short of magical. 

He takes care of me, treats me with kindness, and showers me with love. 

From our romantic dates to our intimate moments, his kisses and warm hugs make me feel cherished and alive.

But now, faced with the reality of my pregnancy, I know I can't disclose this news to Lucas.

As I sit in the doctor's office, grappling with my emotions, I realize that I'm not just responsible for myself anymore. There's another life growing inside me, and I have to protect it at all costs. But how can I do that when everything feels so uncertain?

With a heavy heart, I thank the doctor and leave the hospital, my mind swirling with conflicting thoughts and emotions. I know that I can't keep this secret forever, but for now, I have to focus on finding a way forward, one step at a time.

AFTER ONE MONTH

It's been a whole month since I found out about the baby, and I've been trying my hardest to keep it a secret from Lucas. I've been reading my book, trying to distract myself, when suddenly, I get a call from Lucas's assistant. My heart skips a beat as she tells me that Lucas has been in an accident.

Fear grips me as I rush to the hospital, my mind racing with worry. I reach the reception and frantically ask for Lucas. The receptionist directs me to room number 120. Peering through the window, I see the doctor tending to him, and relief floods through me knowing he's being taken care of.

I wait anxiously outside the room with Lucas's assistant. Every passing minute feels like an eternity as I pray for Lucas's safety. Finally, the doctor emerges and assures me that Lucas is going to be alright. He'll regain consciousness in about an hour, she says.

With a heavy heart, I enter the room and take a seat beside his bed. He looks so peaceful as he sleeps, and I can't help but feel a surge of love and concern for him. I sit there, watching over him, silently praying for his speedy recovery. All I want is for him to wake up and be okay.

 All I want is for him to wake up and be okay

AFTER ONE HOUR

An hour has passed, and Lucas still hasn't regained consciousness. My worry deepens as I sit by his bedside, lost in a whirlwind of thoughts and fears. Suddenly, I feel a slight movement beside me. 

I look up to see Lucas stirring, his eyes fluttering open. My heart leaps with relief as he whispers my name, "Alice."

But then, confusion sets in as Lucas asks about Alexandra. My mind races as I try to comprehend what he's saying. Where is your mom? .

I call for the doctor, my voice trembling with anxiety.

The doctor rushes in and begins to examine Lucas, checking his vitals and asking him questions. With each passing moment, my heart pounds in anticipation, hoping for answers.

Finally, the doctor turns to me with a reassuring smile. He explains that Lucas has regained his memory and that in a few days, he'll be back to his old self. Relief floods over me like a warm wave as I realize that Lucas will be okay. 

But what will happen to my relation with Lucas after he will gain his memory?

•------•°•✿•°•------••------•°•✿•°•------••------•°•✿•°•------••------•°•✿•°•------•