CHAPTER-3

AUTHOR'S POV

Alice stirred from her sleep, the soft morning light filtering through the curtains. She blinked, rubbing her eyes, and then her gaze fell upon Lucas, peacefully asleep beside her. Something fluttered in her chest as she realized how close they were, nestled together in the bed.

Careful not to disturb him, Alice slipped out of bed and made her way to the bathroom. The warm water of the shower eased away the last traces of sleep as she dressed herself in comfortable clothes.

Stepping out of the closet, she glanced back at Lucas, still lost in dreams as the clock ticked closer to nine

Approaching him, she gently shook his shoulder, coaxing him awake. Slowly, Lucas stirred, his eyes fluttering open.

 He smiled at her, his gaze warm as he greeted her with a soft "Good morning, love." Alice felt a rush of warmth at his words, though she couldn't shake the sudden stiffness that had settled over her.

As Lucas struggled to sit up, Alice moved to his side, helping him find a more comfortable position on the bed. His lips brushed against her cheek in a tender kiss, leaving her momentarily frozen in place. 

But then, with a deep breath, she pushed aside her unease and focused on helping him.

Together, they made their way to the bathroom, where Lucas began his morning routine, brushing his teeth with slow, deliberate movements. As he finished, he turned to Alice, a playful glint in his eyes, and asked for her help with a sponge bath.

Her heart fluttered nervously in her chest as she nodded, trying to ignore the sudden flush that crept up her cheeks. 

With trembling hands, she helped him out of his clothes, leaving him in nothing but his boxers. The intimacy of the moment made her feel exposed, vulnerable in a way she hadn't expected.

But Lucas's easy conversation helped to ease some of her nerves as she carefully washed his skin, each touch sending a shiver down her spine. Despite her initial apprehension, she found herself drawn to him, the closeness between them filling the room with a warmth she couldn't deny.

Once Lucas was clean and dressed, they returned to the bedroom, where Alice helped him settle back onto the bed before heading to the kitchen to prepare his breakfast. As she moved about the room, her mind buzzed with a whirlwind of emotions, the closeness of their morning routine leaving her both exhilarated and uncertain of what the future might hold. she reached kitchen and prepared a healthy breakfast for Lucas.

After carefully preparing Lucas's breakfast, Alice assisted him in sitting comfortably at the bed. She placed the tray in front of him, making sure everything was within reach. With gentle encouragement, she helped him take his medicines, ensuring he started his day on the right note.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFTER TWO MONTHS

For two long months, Alice had been by Lucas's side, taking care of him after his accident. Even though she was his step-daughter, she did everything she could to help him get better.

Every day, Alice woke up early to help Lucas with his exercises. She gently encouraged him to stretch his muscles and move his limbs, even when it was hard for him. With patience and determination, she watched as he slowly regained his strength.

Once the exercises were done, Alice would help Lucas get ready for his regular checkups at the hospital. She would hold his hand as they waited for the doctor, offering him comfort and support during the appointments.

One of the hardest things for Alice was giving Lucas a sponge bath. It was awkward and uncomfortable, but she knew it was necessary to keep him clean and healthy. 

Despite her discomfort, Alice did her best to make Lucas feel comfortable and cared for during these intimate moments.

But it wasn't just physical care that Alice provided for Lucas. She also made sure he felt loved and supported every day. She cooked his favorite meals just like her mother, even if they were a bit burnt sometimes, and she always made sure he had everything he needed.

Despite the challenges and the moments of discomfort, Alice never once regretted her decision to help Lucas.

As the days turned into weeks and the weeks turned into months, Alice could see the progress Lucas was making. His strength was slowly returning, and his spirits were lifting. And through it all, Alice was right there by his side, cheering him on every step of the way.

It wasn't easy for Alice to pretend to be Lucas's wife. Sometimes, she felt sad and lonely, wishing her mother were still alive and that the accident had never happened to Lucas and her mother.

•------•°•✿•°•------••------•°•✿•°•------••------•°•✿•°•------••------•°•✿•°•------•